Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Please Read** Match Tickets

• 12-04-2009 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED BUY OR SELL TICKETS ON THE RUGBY FORUM.
    Please do not offer to sell or offer to buy tickets on the rugby forum. These posts will potentially result in a ban.

Discussions on where/how to buy tickets is grand but Please do not encourage touting. If you try to sell a ticket above face value on this board or offer over face value (neither of which you should be doing in the first place) I will request a site ban. This includes telling people to use touts or by posting links to tout websites.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Basically a blanket ban came on on ticket sales due to a few things...one being the issue with a certain promoter but the other being that people just can not behave rationally when there are tickets to a big occassion...and will willingly pay over the odds , gazump, rip people off and scam. It becomes unfeasible to mod properly and leaves alot of people with a bad taste and it is not really in line with the idea of a community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

Given the fact that we now have a large group of fans who have tickets they don't want and a large group of fans who want them is there any way of temporarily reconsidering the ticket rules?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

RuggieBear wrote: »

Not wanting to be cheeky here RB but if we have a soccer tickets area can we not have a rugby one? (or even just a thread devoted to it)

see post 2. The soccer mods are willing to mod it but even then there have been numerous problems with touts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭murpheous81

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED BUY OR SELL TICKETS ON THE RUGBY FORUM.
    Please do not offer to sell or offer to buy tickets on the rugby forum. These posts will potentially result in a ban.

Discussions on where/how to buy tickets is grand but Please do not encourage touting. If you try to sell a ticket above face value on this board or offer over face value (neither of which you should be doing in the first place) I will request a site ban. This includes telling people to use touts or by posting links to tout websites.

What on earth to do you mean when you say that you should not be selling a ticket above its value? It happens in the porperty market, all airlines do it, it is simply supply and demand.

To say that no one should be doing is a bit twee and smells of communism.

P.s please get adverts.ie to change to "adverts but we dont like people to make a profit.ie"

What on earth to do you mean when you say that you should not be selling a ticket above its value? It happens in the porperty market, all airlines do it, it is simply supply and demand.

P.s please get adverts.ie to change to "adverts but we dont like people to make a profit.ie"

If you read the back of your ticket you will notice that it says that the ticket is non transferable.

I hope you're declaring the profit made to the revenue commissioners ;-)

does anyone always do what they are told?

If I was to sell a ticket, and wish I had one to sell, it would be the OH who it would be declared too. Screw the taxman

Excuse my chauvinism - screw the tax person:)

But that is what it is meant to be....it is a place for our community to buy and sell stuff. It is not a place to make a profit. And it certainly isn't a place for people to be ripped off.

This is a private website. You do not have to use it but if you do choose to use it then you will have to follow our twee rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

There are places external to boards (shock!). Toutless.ie, Buy & Sell, wouldn't encourage ebay but it's an option...

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ Kailey Sour Armadillo

I agree with you, in that in every market, a fair value is what people are willing to pay for it. However, the match tickets market is a different story, for a number of reasons:

1. The pricing structure of tickets is not set purely with supply and demand in mind. The price range is set with generating as much money for the IRFU as possible while not making matches prohibitively expensive for genuine fans who cannot affort high cost tickets. If the IRFU were to take your argument into account when deciding their prices, you can be damn sure the tickets would be a lot more expensive

2. The profit made from gate receipts of a rugby match go straight back into the sport. The profit made by touts goes straight into their greedy pockets.

3. People who buy tickets in order to make a profit out of them are vastly decreasing the chance for genuine fans, who want to see the match of getting a ticket.

4. Touts are scumbags!

Well if this is a community then ye should only allow barter style transactions. Last I heard people buy and sell stuff to gain an advantage i.e gaining a product or make a small fair profit.

And admit it if ye had a ticket to sell then you would like to gain some sort of advantage, even if it was a small one.

A ticket a friend bought cost 40GBP, if you were to barter it, I bet everyone would try to get an item that slightly exceeded that amount.

Face value is just a starting point? Lots, lots and lots are products are bought exceeding face value some please don't give me that crap that "we are a private community" and that I should go elsewhere. If ye were private then why don't ye charge members. THIS I BELIEVE IS A PUBLIC FORUM!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I've started a HEC Final ticket exchange thread on the Soccer Tickets and Travel Forum (just waiting for it to be approved).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ Kailey Sour Armadillo

It's a privately owned forum. It is run under the terms of the people who own it. It turns out a lot of people are delighted to use the forums on those terms.

You still haven't really put forward a good argument for selling tickets at a profit to me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

if i had a ticket for the final and wasnt going, id sell it for face value.
    if i bought a ticket for the final knowing that i wasnt going to but to just sell it........well i wouldnt do that

pithater1 wrote: »
    I've started a HEC Final ticket exchange thread on the Soccer Tickets and Travel Forum (just waiting for it to be approved).

Yeah me too - hours ago. Are the mods not allowing it or something?

H cup final ticket & accommodation thread is now here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60097279

waraf wrote: »
    Yeah me too - hours ago. Are the mods not allowing it or something?

just allow them time to ok it.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    if i had a ticket for the final and wasnt going, id sell it for face value.
    if i bought a ticket for the final knowing that i wasnt going to but to just sell it........well i wouldnt do that

glad to hear Cat from Hue that you would not buy a ticket to speculate, hope nothing is being implied in that statement.

All I am saying that threre should be a facility on this site to buy/sell tickets at the going rate on this site and that if I was offered more than the asking price for the ticket or if I was to sell a price that was the going rate and over the face value of the ticket then I believe there is nothing wrong with that.

This is just my opinion, a lot of people may not like but thats the down side of democracy - Ever langer gets to have an opinion.

glad to hear Cat from Hue that you would not buy a ticket to speculate, hope nothing is being implied in that statement.

All I am saying that threre should be a facility on this site to buy/sell tickets at the going rate on this site and that if I was offered more than the asking price for the ticket or if I was to sell a price that was the going rate and over the face value of the ticket then I believe there is nothing wrong with that.

This is just my opinion, a lot of people may not like but thats the down side of democracy - Ever langer gets to have an opinion.

But boards.ie believes it is wrong...and that is all that matters. There is no democracy here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 andhugheser

On the leicester messageboard website the mods are removing any posts that list a ticket above face value.. surely that wouldnt be too hard to do? let everyone else sell honestly and just remove the dodgy touts!

But boards.ie believes it is wrong...and that is all that matters. There is no democracy here.

Ha ha ha.

We will just have to agree to disagree but once we know I am right then thats fine by me:D

It's a privately owned forum. It is run under the terms of the people who own it. It turns out a lot of people are delighted to use the forums on those terms.

You still haven't really put forward a good argument for selling tickets at a profit to me.

Was not putting forward an argument. It happens everyday, with everything you buy i.e. who pays the face value for a cup of tea, coffee & clothing and I don't see how tickets are different.

Ryanair and Aer Lingus are doing it with their prices for the weekend of the final. "Thats just the way it is"

Thats just how I role.

thats how u ROLL??

thats how u ROLL??

Role is in act and role as in beliefs and the role I play in life.

Thats how I role andhugheser.

fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I will take great pleasure in sitebanning anyone attempting to tout tickets for this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭dingbat

Was not putting forward an argument. It happens everyday, with everything you buy i.e. who pays the face value for a cup of tea, coffee & clothing and I don't see how tickets are different.

Ryanair and Aer Lingus are doing it with their prices for the weekend of the final. "Thats just the way it is"

Thats just how I role.
    So you're a ticket tout. Fair enough. At least be honest with yourself about it.

Role is in act and role as in beliefs and the role I play in life.

Thats how I role andhugheser.

ROLE
    –noun
    1. a part or character played by an actor or actress.
    2. proper or customary function: the teacher's role in society.
    3. Sociology. the rights, obligations, and expected behavior patterns associated with a particular social status.

I still think u should have said thats how i ROLL!!!

• Advertisement

Trojan wrote: »
    I will take great pleasure in sitebanning anyone attempting to tout tickets for this game.

Fair enough, I suppose people have to get their kicks somewhere. But I think anyone is a fool not to sell a ticket at the market rate.

Advertisement