Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New walshes chicken & veggie spice burgers are out

Options
  • 26-03-2014 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭

€1 for twin packs in dunnes, originals are €1 too. I have chicken ones and have yet to eat it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

veggie spice burgers??? this news has made me very happy!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

veggie spice burgers ??? really - i cant see anyhting on their website:(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

From the veggie forum
    tricky D wrote: »
    Pic of them in packaging.

walsh-veggie-spice-burgers_zps00901584.jpg

I'll post pics of them before and after cooking when I get around to that which won't be today.

Ingredients:
    Water, rusks, onions, carrots, crumb, isolated soya protein, soya, spice seasoning, (2.1% of salt, herbs, spices, yeast extract, preservative E211, rusk, flavour (contains wheat, wheat gluten, sulphur dioxide), wheatflour, wheat starch, salt, modified starch, potato starch, rapeseed oil, vegetable content 42%. May contain traces of nuts and sesame seeds.

Other notes: no freeze, no Vegetarian Society Marks (or similar), bought today with use by 4/4/14, made in Finglas by Keystone Manufacturing Ireland, 167 kCal. Use within 24 hours of opening, has protective atmosphere packaging.

Shallow fry 6 mins, turn once
    Deep fry 3mins at 170 deg
    Grill 8 mins turn once
    Oven bake 10 mins170 deg preheated
    Mircowave 50 secs (800W) (for the mush I suspect)

I got the chicken ones, not great, too dense or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

I've been looking for the veggie ones since I saw this thread - haven't found them yet.
    Anyone seen them in Dublin 2 or 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

quaalude wrote: »
    I've been looking for the veggie ones since I saw this thread - haven't found them yet.
    Anyone seen them in Dublin 2 or 4?

Rathmines have them. They're ok, not life changing or anything but nice enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    Rathmines have them. They're ok, not life changing or anything but nice enough.

Cheers Slaphead07 - that's what I imagined, but nostalgia for my spice burger-filled childhood means I can't rest til I try one! Will make the trek to Rathmines so.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The originals only have 11% beef in them so I would imagine the veggie ones would/could be similar enough. I have heard a few people say they thought the regular ones were veggie.

The regular ones are half price in tesco just starting today, as well as dunnes, no veggie ones showing on tesco online though.
    HALF PRICE Was 1.99 Now 99... valid from 2/4/2014 until 22/4/2014
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=256086782

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=walsh

I see veggie ones - woooop!
    I'm popping into Tesco in Crumlin on the way home from work so I'll report back if I get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

the chicken ones are gross, the stuff inside the breadcrumb coating is rubbery and disgusting, exactly like the filling of a McDonalds chicken nugget.

the mrs loved the veggie ones though, and I've always loved the normal ones

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Just had some of Veggie ones and they were absolutely grand. Highly recommended for any naughty vegetarians looking for a guilty junky pleasure to leave in the freezer for a winter's night.

They don't taste exactly like the meaty version, but they're surprisingly close and far, far nicer than any of the standard veggie burgers I've had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

yep love these veggie ones...yum with a poached egg

Advertisement