Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracking medical card status

• 27-03-2012 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

I applied for a medical card last November and recently got a phone text from HSE with a number allowing me to track the status of my application on www.medicalcard.ie. I have being on the website several times but can not find anywhere to enter the number and check the progress of my application. Has anyone had the same problem.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Ronan H

https://www.sspcrs.ie/portal/medapp/checkapp.jsp

This?

Big blue writing in the middle of the screen:

"Application Status" - which brings you to the above page...

Did you miss that?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭lanomist

Thanks for your help Ronan H, found it. You will have to excuse an elderly gentleman who is not computer literate !!!;)

A thanks, and an apology from me for the smartness of my response. It shall serve as a reminder to me not to make assumptions when responding to peoples queries.

Glad you found it.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1 flowers12

i applied for a medcial card and received a gp visit card does this mean my medical card wont be renewed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,897 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I assume that you have been assessed and you are deemed to have exceeded the limit for a full medical card, but obviously you are under the limit for a GP visit card and therefore thats what you have received, you can ring the medical card section and ask and of course an appeal is always open to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 John Keenan

how do I track the status of my application for Medical Card ???

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

how do I track the status of my application for Medical Card ???
    Have you clicked on the link in post number 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 John Keenan

How do I get to post number 2 ?

How do I get to post number 2 ?

Just click below...

https://www.sspcrs.ie/portal/medapp/checkapp.jsp

Ro

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

applied for medical card and have got no word yet applied in june asked for additional info in july and no word since was told i'd know in ten working days

• Advertisement

applied for medical card and have got no word yet applied in june asked for additional info in july and no word since was told i'd know in ten working days

Have you been in touch with them since July?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Keep raising a query on the 'contact us' form. They will ring you eventually with an update.

I have received notification my card has been granted and given my no. but when i access www.medicalcard.ie there is no where to put the no. what do i do. do i wait to receive my medical card?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jimmy 47

Myself and my wife were in receipt of full medical cards for the past 6 years,our new cards arrived mine is a full card but my wife only received a gp card,can anybody explain

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

All you can do is get your wife to apply now and she may be given a medical card. It will depend on why she was given a card in the first place, she could have been getting it due to her traveling expenses to work and then given up work for example. I'd say apply again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shirleybridget

mp22 wrote: »

Thanks so much for posting this link. I was worried about the status of my medical card and luckily I googled and found your link. it says it has been issued but I haven't received it so I'm hopeful at least. Bridget

[QUOTE=Ann Lalor3599686I have received notification my card has been granted and given my no. but when i access www.medicalcard.ie there is no where to put the no. what do i do. do i wait to receive my medical card?[/QUOTE] THANKS

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jolantakrac

I have the same problem ,there is no space to enter reference number:'( Is there someone who can help me please

I want to know how I got on in my application for renewal of medical card as heard nothing from application.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 lizbet57

Hi,I have checked my status and medical card has been approved,can anyone tell me please,how long before I receive the card ?..Thank You

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

lizbet57 wrote: »
    Hi,I have checked my status and medical card has been approved,can anyone tell me please,how long before I receive the card ?..Thank You

Could be a week or two. If you got a text with the card number you can still use it while you wait for the psychical card

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Yes it may take a week or so, you should get a letter stating that your card has been granted with the number on it. Then you just show it to the Doctor/Pharmacy until you do get a card.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement