Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is too much pay?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

£250K a week for kicking a ball around a field is obnoxious.

lol @ jealousy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

44leto wrote: »
    OK but the upkeep is a bastard, berthing fees, maintenance and it ates the juice.

Yachts use sails.

At least my one does.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

44leto wrote: »
    Indeed, indeed and you can't have them flogged anymore except on open seas, the last time I was on it would you believe the champagne wasn't chilled enough, my trophy girlfriend fainted with the shock.

Oh I know, me and my Eton chumps treated it like a sport, it was quite the laugh.. alas we had to stop it for a while when one of the staff died, we made it look like a tragic drowning though haha, and anyway we're much too important and he just a pauper boy...

Oh my, good gracious, I just spat out my caviar, how offence, I hope you hit him around for such atrocious and insulting service. Oh one time, I remember it well, one of the servants I caught sneakily sipping my champagne, well the basterd, I showed him, I said hey, you little ****, you want my champagne, and I proceddded to spit it into his face before, me and the fellows threw him overboard. Unfortunately, he tragically drowned too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

£250K a week for kicking a ball around a field is obnoxious.

They deserve every penny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Oh I know, me and my Eton chumps treated it like a sport, it was quite the laugh.. alas we had to stop it for a while when one of the staff died, we made it look like a tragic drowning though haha, and anyway we're much too important and he just a pauper boy...

Oh my, good gracious, I just spat out my caviar, how offence, I hope you hit him around for such atrocious and insulting service. Oh one time, I remember it well, one of the servants I caught sneakily sipping my champagne, well the basterd, I showed him, I said hey, you little ****, you want my champagne, and I proceddded to spit it into his face before, me and the fellows threw him overboard. Unfortunately, he tragically drowned too!

Ah Yes Eton memories come flooding back of cricket, cucumber sandwiches dorms and sodomy. Then the recruiters from MI5 and then even more sodomy, by jolly how we ever got to Cambridge MI5 without colonoscopy bags, I will never know.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

€188 p/w for doing nothing is even more obnoxious IMO.

It used to be €204 a week. €188 for people who are really trying to get work & need it to survive is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭unfortunately

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    Well maybe take out the sports people move star types that is a totally different group of people. For example a systems architect can be paid 100K pretty easily, I'm not one but the money is justifiable in my eyes.

Friends of mine have no idea what I do and have no idea what I get paid. One has said a lot about "high earners" and works in a trade. He is always trying to figure out what I make. It kind of funny consider how often he mentions doing cash in hand jobs and doesn't see that as tax evasion

There is good money in them actually.:pac:

My God, hyphenate man, hyphenate!

Advertisement