Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zamano and getting a refund

• 19-10-2011 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Does anyone know how you go about this?

I though I had cancelled by subscription and my network operator seem to think that I did this properly.

I've notice that they, Zamano, seem to have two websites Zamano.com and Zamanosolutions.com.

Has anyone every been down this road before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 downsouth

I kicked up a fuss with the network operator - who shall remain nameless here - and they contacted them directly for me.

Granted that was back in 2006 so I'm sure policies have been changed since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sportzstar

I had an issue with this a while back but it was easy enough to rectify in the end.

Zamano have a form here.

Most of the bulk SMS and premium guys seem to have this sorted now, I reckon that ComReg must have been putting the pressure on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 highfield90

Sound I'll give that a go so.

Further updates as event warrant.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭ondeball

I was overchraged by Zamano, though I did not know it was them at the time admittedly, for some premium SMS messages a few years ago. Granted back then it seemed common enough that unsubscribing from a Zamano (or any other) text service was hit and miss.

This seems to have been sorted out now.

I was able to get a refund easily enough between Zamano and my mobile operator.

Let us know how it goes anyhow highfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 coffeetogo

If that doesn't work for you try the ComReg site as well. There and stringent rules and regulations that all service providers must follow and Zamano are not different.

There's a good link at http://www.askcomreg.ie/ and they shoudl see you out.

As a matter of interest was it the soccer goals service that you were subscribed to. I was on it before and it cost be a whole pile of cash when United trounced Arsenal earlier this year.

The really ridiculous thing was that I was watching the game as it was so I may as well have paid to go over to it as I would have had a ticket from the cost of the SMS alerts.

• Advertisement

Dunno about going down the ComReg route there CTG.

I tried that in the past and they just wanted to put the responsibility back onto the service provide and the mobile operator.

They're ok if you have an overall complaint that is affecting a wide customer base but they didn't seem willing to get involved in a one-off customer grievance.

God was it something you said Sportzstar?

Zamano CEO to step down

Ha Ha, I hardly think so.

we'll know more is Lex Luthor takes over as the new CEO.

Ok I went through the complaint process and I'll put up a more detailed post about filling out the form later.

Submitted it yesterday so on goes the saga!!!!

I know the title of the thread here says Zamano but I'm just wondering what kind of experience any of you have head with getting a refund off any mobile service provider. I'll be honest and admit that I tried to get money back off them through honest and dubious means in the past.

I find the mobile networks are catching up a bit, they're almost where the banks were about 25 years ago in terms of figuring out when people are trying to pull a fast one on you. Admittedly they're much less trusting of anyone seeking a refund that a local bank manager would have been back in the 1980s.

I presume that Zamano are well used to this type of behaviour and I reckon if there's handy money to be had it's contacting the customer service for the mobile provider and hoping that you get some inexperienced agent on the end of the line who will just credit you €3 rather than go through the rigmarole of seeking the provider contacts details and running the risk of them being contacted again.

• Advertisement

sportzstar wrote: »
    Dunno about going down the ComReg route there CTG.

I tried that in the past and they just wanted to put the responsibility back onto the service provide and the mobile operator.

They're ok if you have an overall complaint that is affecting a wide customer base but they didn't seem willing to get involved in a one-off customer grievance.

Well I didn't have any trouble with them in the past I must admit and always find them a good place to start rather than going directly to a mobile operator or a third party provider like Zamano.

I suppose that the important thing is using a method that proves successful for you yourself.

ondeball wrote: »
    I know the title of the thread here says Zamano but I'm just wondering what kind of experience any of you have head with getting a refund off any mobile service provider. I'll be honest and admit that I tried to get money back off them through honest and dubious means in the past.

I find the mobile networks are catching up a bit, they're almost where the banks were about 25 years ago in terms of figuring out when people are trying to pull a fast one on you. Admittedly they're much less trusting of anyone seeking a refund that a local bank manager would have been back in the 1980s.

I presume that Zamano are well used to this type of behaviour and I reckon if there's handy money to be had it's contacting the customer service for the mobile provider and hoping that you get some inexperienced agent on the end of the line who will just credit you €3 rather than go through the rigmarole of seeking the provider contacts details and running the risk of them being contacted again.

You're just like Robin Hood expect you just give to yourself.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kickitlong

Are you for real?

This is what has the country in the mess that it's in. Businesses are fighting hand over fist to try and make a profit, employ people and pay taxes and here you are taking away the little bit that they are making.

You may as well not bother paying any income tax and make as many compo claims as you can at this rate.

It's no wonder we're in the mess that we're in.

kickitlong wrote: »
    Are you for real?

This is what has the country in the mess that it's in. Businesses are fighting hand over fist to try and make a profit, employ people and pay taxes and here you are taking away the little bit that they are making.

You may as well not bother paying any income tax and make as many compo claims as you can at this rate.

It's no wonder we're in the mess that we're in.

So you're putting the mess that the country is in down to me looking for €3 back from a company that supposedly make their money from subscribing people unwittingly to Premium SMS?

This is just a small way of sticking it to them. I'd question more the strategies of Companies like Zamano that are willing to take money like this from the general public rather than make their money in other ways.

So you're putting the mess that the country is in down to me looking for €3 back from a company that supposedly make their money from subscribing people unwittingly to Premium SMS?

This is just a small way of sticking it to them. I'd question more the strategies of Companies like Zamano that are willing to take money like this from the general public rather than make their money in other ways.

No what I'm saying is that the combination of you and all the other people like you is what is making this country the economic black hole that it is right now.

It boils down to principles and how far you're willing to go to make a dishonest buck. Where does it end? (plus you could end up costing some Zamano staff there job as well).

kickitlong wrote: »
    No what I'm saying is that the combination of you and all the other people like you is what is making this country the economic black hole that it is right now.

It boils down to principles and how far you're willing to go to make a dishonest buck. Where does it end? (plus you could end up costing some Zamano staff there job as well).

Take a chill pill, it's only something small but I'll stop the practice immediately if it's bringing the country to it's knees. Apologies to all offended Zamano staff also :cool:

Sound I'll give that a go so.

Further updates as event warrant.:cool:

And Zamano are officially looking into my refund request.

Quicker than I thought they would.

I now await a request for more information. The beat goes on.

Keep on trucking kid! The people are behind you! :P

Take a chill pill, it's only something small but I'll stop the practice immediately if it's bringing the country to it's knees. Apologies to all offended Zamano staff also :cool:

I'm sure the Zamano staff are glad for your decision.

It just angers me that people are willing to swindle the system but at the same time give out when they are victims of this themselves.

I'm no fan of Premium SMS companies but it's not exactly a black or white issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

coffeetogo wrote: »
    As a matter of interest was it the soccer goals service that you were subscribed to. I was on it before and it cost be a whole pile of cash when United trounced Arsenal earlier this year.

The really ridiculous thing was that I was watching the game as it was so I may as well have paid to go over to it as I would have had a ticket from the cost of the SMS alerts.

Sorry but can i point out that I am on this service too - and the only message you get charged for is the Half time message. All the goal alerts are free!

• Advertisement

Sorry but can i point out that I am on this service too - and the only message you get charged for is the Half time message. All the goal alerts are free!

Ah right, I should probably peruse my itemised bill a little bit better so.

I think I may have been getting confused with Premier League goal alerts rather than the video messages that are sent through.

BOOM! Refund received. Apologies for the delay in the updates as I was away on annual leave.

Very painless process in the end, fair play Zamano, now to never sign up for an SMS alert again.

BOOM! Refund received. Apologies for the delay in the updates as I was away on annual leave.

Very painless process in the end, fair play Zamano, now to never sign up for an SMS alert again.

Excellent stuff there. Did you have to pester Zamano at all to get them to refund the amount for the alerts or did they direct you on a boucning ball mission between themselves and the service provider?

This is what normally has happened to me in the past and I've yet to encounter a competent mobile customer service operation in Ireland.

sportzstar wrote: »
    Excellent stuff there. Did you have to pester Zamano at all to get them to refund the amount for the alerts or did they direct you on a boucning ball mission between themselves and the service provider?

This is what normally has happened to me in the past and I've yet to encounter a competent mobile customer service operation in Ireland.

No not at all it was easy enough in the end. I think Zamano have a small enough customer service operation so it was no surprise that it took them some time to track down the details and process the request.

I didn't bother keeping at them as there was a communication line established and Zamano managed to keep in touch enough that it didn't irk me.

No not at all it was easy enough in the end. I think Zamano have a small enough customer service operation so it was no surprise that it took them some time to track down the details and process the request.

I didn't bother keeping at them as there was a communication line established and Zamano managed to keep in touch enough that it didn't irk me.

Lucky enough. I really think that it's dependent on the Customer Service Agent you get on the end of the line.

I used to be employed in a customer service call centre for mobile service provider here and there was such a difference in the work ethic between agents it was ridiculous. It boiled down to: If someone was motivated it was because they wanted to be promoted away from customer service and therefore would remain there too long. If some wasn't motivated it was because they were just clocking if for a paycheck, didn't really care and would be there forever.

I normally get too impatient waiting for a reply and try and pester the customer service a bit more to get what I want. Maybe Zamano are used to fending off enquirires like this though.

Could be a good life lesson for me, wait and thou shall recieve! :cool:

Ah right, I should probably peruse my itemised bill a little bit better so.

I think I may have been getting confused with Premier League goal alerts rather than the video messages that are sent through.

And indeed this is exactly what I was getting confused with. Just as well I hadn't called and made a scene.

My younger sister has begun the refund hunt with Zamano now as well.

I think she had signed up to some Justin Bieber text or something but when she left the Unsubscribe code didn't seem to work.

I'd this happens a lot with teenagers.

Phone number found on www.zamano.com might help

0818 3000 48

• Advertisement

Phone number found on www.zamano.com might help

0818 3000 48

Thanks for that ctg. Probably better to go with a two-pronged attack on this.

Justin Bieber has a lot to answer for!

Advertisement