Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Site Opinions

Options
  • 08-05-2009 9:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi,

Please take a look at my site:
    http://digibuy.freehostia.com

I'm proposing an e-commerce site, just looking for some opinions on designs and functionaility as it is still in development. I hope to add a working shopping cart (possibily with jQuery) and plan to implement PHP & MySQL for product database.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

What's with the Accessibility stuff. Your site performs very badly in this respect. So badly that for all intents and purposes you have managed to turn my condition into a disability. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭vodkadub

tricky D wrote: »
    What's with the Accessibility stuff. Your site performs very badly in this respect. So badly that for all intents and purposes you have managed to turn my condition into a disability. :mad:

Care to elaborate?

The references would need to be removed before I can go any further.

I'm not looking for a footer review.

It's not a mere footer review. One of your mistakes will potentially lose about 5% of your sales.:cool:

Also it's a pet hate mine when sites make some claim or implication that the site is accessible when it quite the opposite. It's like a building which says it is wheelchair friendly so long as you hop out and drag you and your wheelchair up the stairs because we didn't think a ramp was required.:mad:

• Advertisement

I will obviously put more emphasis on accessibility when I complete the site(cart functions, real product database etc).

Whatever, I'm not going to waste any more time unless that rhubarb removed. I doubt you'll be able to figure out the sales loss one anyway.

I have removed so called rhubarb, accessibility is something which I have slightly overlooked, I will work on this more in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Do you reall have an N95 for 180 euro.....can I get one!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

There's a persistent horizontal scrollbar in FireFox 3.0.1 that is really offputting. It only leads to white space beyond the RH column.

Also, your banner could use a dash of life!

Well on your way though. :)

• Advertisement

Dades wrote: »
    There's a persistent horizontal scrollbar in FireFox 3.0.1 that is really offputting. It only leads to white space beyond the RH column.

Also, your banner could use a dash of life!

Well on your way though. :)

Are you browsing at 1024x768 or lower?

Cheers.

Advertisement