Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

design

• 17-02-2009 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

I am required to design a website as part of my college course, I can't for the life of me come up with a subject or theme. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭notnem

Without having more info to hand all I can suggest is check out the template sites out there for ideas:

- http://www.templateworld.com/
    - http://www.templatemonster.com/
    - http://www.opensourcetemplates.org/

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

vodkadub wrote: »
    I am required to design a website as part of my college course, I can't for the life of me come up with a subject or theme. Any suggestions?
    What're you interested in? What would you want to see a website for? What would you like to see a *better* website for?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

What's you college course in? You could do a website based on that. For instance if its a design course you could do a snazzy online porfolio, if its in CS or Software Development you it could have a blog about the subject and your experiences on the course, a *portfolio* of your development projects including source code, specs etc and a c.v.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Given your username vodka ? :P dub ... do a Vodka Product website

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Image of a chess board with the pieces, the person viewing the site chooses either white or black, they can make a legitimate chess move, anyone else in the world can make the next move, and so forth and so forth. The game resets itself when there is a winner and the moves are recorded in a block of history for anyone to view. A new game starts.

Call it globalchess.com, or something like that.

Or someone else can do it, my idea is free, but gimme money if you make money from it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

How about a site that lists quotes from people who said that the Housing Boom would never happen before the who downturn thing. I'd love to know who to ignore for the next elections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭vodkadub

have considered a portfolio site, seems to be the best choice. keep the ideas coming

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

have considered a portfolio site, seems to be the best choice. keep the ideas coming
    Eh, no, have you not been reading this thread? It's time you used your own brain vodkadub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭vodkadub

:rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Design a website about how great your lecturer's most recent publication is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement