Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Issues with automatic seeking Sat. Systems

Options
  • 15-06-2012 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

Folks , a lot of ye probably know already , but both Oyster , and Glo-Mex automatic searching satellite tv systems started acting up lately , the Oyster a few months back , the Glo-Mex only lately . It's all to do with settings of the actual Astra satellite in the sky that's beaming down to your decoder boxes.
    The Oyster , depending on how new it is , needs to be either removed and we send it to Oyster for re-programming , or if it's very new , it can be done in the MH .
    The Glo-Mex , they sent me the software yesterday to update them. I've already done a couple , and it's a 10 min job.

Just in case ye're struggling to get signal , and wondering why.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Folks , a lot of ye probably know already , but both Oyster , and Glo-Mex automatic searching satellite tv systems started acting up lately , the Oyster a few months back , the Glo-Mex only lately . It's all to do with settings of the actual Astra satellite in the sky that's beaming down to your decoder boxes.
    The Oyster , depending on how new it is , needs to be either removed and we send it to Oyster for re-programming , or if it's very new , it can be done in the MH .
    The Glo-Mex , they sent me the software yesterday to update them. I've already done a couple , and it's a 10 min job.

Just in case ye're struggling to get signal , and wondering why.

not to drag the thread off topic too much, but are there any decent in motion satellite dishes that work for astra 2 , and if so what speed to they work up to and whats the best one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Camos and Glomex offer in motion dishes , there's prob more but they're the ones I've seen . both work well.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭cipro 55

Hi Aidan, Is this update a job for a professional.:confused::confused:

well without the software on the Card you won't be able to do it . I'm doing a fair few these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

cipro 55 wrote: »
    Is this update a job for a professional.:confused::confused:

No if you know what and sdcard is and have an sd card reader or know someone who does then it should be no problem. The software and guide is on their site:
    http://www.glomexmobile.com/support_softwareupdates.asp?lang=eng

• Advertisement

Yeah , assuminmg your skew etc is ok , and everything was properly tuned in from Day 1 (I've seen the odd new one that wasn't!) , it's not difficult . It took a bit of fiddling to format the card the correct way , and it didn't work for me the first time for some unknown reason , but I got a card from Glo-Mex in the interim and that works fine.

Hmmm... it has come to light now that not all Glo-Mex will accept the first update . I've since been speaking to them , and have a 2nd SD card with a different software update , and tomorrow I'll have a 3rd one , for ones a couple of years old , that DON'T use an SD card . This 3rd type need the circuit board accessed . Which is strange , as they all have SD slots!

You've been warned...

I had to update both the control unit and the dish.
    I'll take a picture of the stuff and post it if i can,
    for anyone that might be interested.

can't see the pic .

I don't know if this will work this time.

DSCF1227.JPG

• Advertisement

looks the same as what I have , too .

Advertisement