Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

scrappage and nct question

• 25-05-2010 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hope someone car help with this question.
    I bought a new car under the scrappage deal but now the dealer is telling me that there is a serious delay in getting the new car. Here is my scenario and question
    Bought new car in mid Feb.
    NCT has expired since Mar1 and under the 90 expiry rule for scrappage I would have to scrap it before June 1st.
    Now the dealer tells me that he will not have the car before June1.
    I am wondering can I just do the NCT after june 1st (the car will fail) and will this satisfy the rules then as one of the rules states-

'I have an old car that I no longer use. Can I apply?
    Yes, provided that it has a current NCT certificate (or the NCT certificate has expired no more than 90 days previously, or the car has failed the test in the six months immediately before the date of scrappage) and it has been insured in your name for at least 12 months in the 18 months immediately before the date of scrappage.'
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

The NCT has to have expired no more than 90 days before you scrap the old car. However you have 60 days from the date the car was scrapped to register the new car. If the NCT expired on 1st March then you have to have it scrapped by 29th May (90 days), not June first. If you scrap it this week, so long as the new car is registered within 60 days of that you are fine.

Advertisement