Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truma Combi boiler smoking

• 19-06-2012 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi!
    Turned on my trumatic c6002 at the weekend to heat the water only (the up position). After about 20mins the camper started to fill with smoke so i turned it off straight away. The water was after being heated up but the boiler was absolutly roasting!

Anyone encountered this before, or have any idea as to what is wrong?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

BrianMcC wrote: »
    Hi!
    Turned on my trumatic c6002 at the weekend to heat the water only (the up position). After about 20mins the camper started to fill with smoke so i turned it off straight away. The water was after being heated up but the boiler was absolutly roasting!

Thanks.

Birdies in the chimney? Winter cover on the vent?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Hi!

Thanks.

oh cripes , make sure no-one goes near that! under NO circumstances should it emit smoke , inside or outside! how old is it? Grey control knob or black? Has anyone been at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BrianMcC

Theres no winter cover on the vent. We have been using it a lot since the start of year and no problems. The heating stopped wrking a few weeks back, turned out to be a faulty motor. Replaced the motor last week and heating is working fine since. It only happened when we turned it onto heat the water only.

Aidan_M_M, its a black control knob. The camper is a 2006 so i assume the boiler is the same. We have never replaced it anyways.

Is it necessary for the water pump to be on at the same time as the heating in order to heat the water? It normally is on but i noticed it wasnt on this time. Im just wondering was the boiler getting really hot because it was only heating a small amount of water?

water pump is separate , it doesn't circulate so it's always heating the same amount . A little smell on hot water only is normal , no smoke though! I could look at it for you if you want?

Aidan,

I have only gotten around to investigating the problem now.
    I turned on the heating first to see if there was any problem on that side of it and it worked away fine.
    Turned on the hot water then to 40 degC setting and let it heat up.
    I left it for twenty mins or so and noticed no smoke this time but there was an unusual smell. The water did heat up.
    It has been awile since i last used the hot water before it started to smoke so i cant remember if the smell is normal or not.

Any exerience with this or does it sound ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dorts

Aidan,

I have only gotten around to investigating the problem now.
    I turned on the heating first to see if there was any problem on that side of it and it worked away fine.
    Turned on the hot water then to 40 degC setting and let it heat up.
    I left it for twenty mins or so and noticed no smoke this time but there was an unusual smell. The water did heat up.
    It has been awile since i last used the hot water before it started to smoke so i cant remember if the smell is normal or not.

Any exerience with this or does it sound ok?
    If there was smoke, please go to a reputable dealer and get it checked no matter what it is doing now, this can be extremely dangerous.For safety alone get it checked.

dorts wrote: »
    If there was smoke, please go to a reputable dealer and get it checked no matter what it is doing now, this can be extremely dangerous.For safety alone get it checked.

Ditto! You just can't risk it with a gas appliance.

Im not to familiar with any dealers in my area. Im living in Cork any ideas who i could go to?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dorts

Im not to familiar with any dealers in my area. Im living in Cork any ideas who i could go to?
    Thanks
    Don't know anyone in Cork but google motorhome dealers and you're bound to get someone

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Thanks

For peace of mind (and a nice drive).......contact Aidan (send him a PM) and take a spin up to him. Sounds waayyy to risky to continue

• Advertisement
Advertisement