Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whats the worst area in dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

due to my age don't have that much experience with areas but what I do know i'll tell ye

Coolock:Live in Clonshaugh for 14 years oppostite Priorswood park.Can't thnk of anything that bad.If you were walking around and didn't know anyone nothing would happen to ya.Wait there have been eggings,fires,and robbed and burnt out cars but thats nothing really.

Darndale:Spent a while hanging out here its rough but not as bad as people make out you'd swear people were being murdered in front of you.

Killester/Artane;Granny central

Clondalkin:In Bawnouge its dog rough spend most weekends there though and nothing has happened to me.

Smithfield
    :People are often scary,weird and or drunk but most are harmless

Theres no where I wouldn't go in Dublin on my own but would be a bit wary of Springfield in Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Theres no where I wouldn't go in Dublin on my own but would be a bit wary of Springfield in Tallaght

I live in Springfield, and there are plenty of worse areas in Tallaght imo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Stoneybatter sounds like a bogie place! Anyone been there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Finglashead

personallay i think finglas is the worst place in dublin i've seen it all from petrol bombs been ****ed at a house to been asked to sell gear been offered to buy guns handgun been put a me face and held up by a knife aswell the I.R.A controls the kip theres loads more but to lasy to write them these are ever day things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Great first post :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Superman wrote:
    Stoneybatter sounds like a bogie place! Anyone been there?

Very nice area, not too many boggies at all, Glimmerman is a bit mad but apart from that its okie dokie

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭AOR

Neilstown is getting off very lightly!! worst place ive been to in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Worst place in Dublin IMHO has to be O Deveany Gardens. I work not too far from the place . Used to work nights and have to say I think Im suffering some sort of post traumatic stress disorder.Im a manager and iv confronted junkies who i caught trying to break in,got attacked with screwdrivers,knifes. Only a couple of months ago a gang of KIDS tried stealing from us and 1 of them produced a leg off a table and was about to wrap it around the back of my skull when one of my staff grabbed him.

Have to say there is nothing good about that area....the city council should pull down the flats with as many knackers still inside as they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭kanibus

raheny red wrote:
    Inchicore,Drimnagh,Darndale,Ballybough very bad areas!!

However the Liberties is an absolute kip!!:mad: :mad:
    Drimnaghs not that bad, St. Michaels flats in Inchicore is f00kin dog rough, Darndale is overated in roughness I know alotta sound people there, Ballybough is a great place! I love it! I know half the f00kin neighbourhood and there all nice people!

Theresas Garden, Dolphin House, St Michaels, Sheriff St(<dog rough>) Summerhill, Fatima Mansion, Raheny is gettin bad not talkin about Edenmore Im talkin bout all over...Foxhill gets pretty dangerous coz of the joyriders, Grace O'Malley in Howth are all wannabe scummers!

Killbarrack is OK...Swans Nest aint great

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Crash

AB03 wrote:
    Rathfarnam - Believe it or not (I know I was suprised), but theres a few little small estates around rathfarnam that are fairly hard. Nothing too bad tho, Id still walk around there (couldnt bring myself to be afraid of a rathfarnian) at any time tho. **** em.

hehe, actually I live in rathfarnham and you're right, while most of its grand, (and even those couple of bad estates are getting better) tara hill was always a no go area for us when we were younger. between that and the holy lands up near nutgrove, walking through the park at nutgrove could be a bit of a dodgy experience. granted havent done it since i was about 16 or so now, could be better.

By far not the dodgiest places i've been in my life like, but still had a few not nice times. And we used to have a bit of trouble with illegal halting sites and that, which didn't help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

It'd have to be the city center... a big 'ol melting pot of the most foul skangers from all the worst kips in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

personallay i think finglas is the worst place in dublin i've seen it all from petrol bombs been ****ed at a house to been asked to sell gear been offered to buy guns handgun been put a me face and held up by a knife aswell the I.R.A controls the kip theres loads more but to lasy to write them these are ever day things

haha wat part of finglas did this have supposed to happen?
    asked to sell drugs is normal enough in rough areas same with guns.and as for petrol bombs a few friends of mine f*ck them at places for fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

foxrock is known to be the compton of the south side. in fact i think begbie from trainspotting, was based on a notorious foxrock gang banger :p

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

bounty wrote:
    foxrock is known to be the compton of the south side. in fact i think begbie from trainspotting, was based on a notorious foxrock gang banger :p

lmfao foxrock haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

ballyogan not that nice, friend used to live near enough.

if you went to the shops after dark you were more or less guaranteed some band of 15 year old scum would try and go for your phone or wallet

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Mulhuddart is by far the worst I have lived in.

The sweet aroma of burning cars fills the air..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Yous should all try living in Ranelagh.

Jaysus the looks you get there if you're listening to the wrong hip indie band on your I-Pod. Something horrid altogether. It's tough in Dublin 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 risetopower

i have to say edenmore is the roughest area i live until recently iand the things you c at them shops is un real one time i saw a chap get smashed up with baseball bats chaps get shot at police getting attack even rioyts betwee 15 year olds and bouncer and that aint the half of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

my granny lives in edenmore and i have to say its not as bad as it used to be and there are far worse places in dublin, balally, cushlawn park, dolphins barn, killinarden, shanganagh cliffs, darndale, finglas. i would consider those areas to be rougher than edenmore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Brooklyn Gray Plow

You've a way with words!.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

bounty wrote:

its funny but true. especially the scum that live in the flats(apartments) on Torquay Road, I can't believe the council hasnt done something bout it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

IRA controls finglas? haha. wake the **** up

IRA controls finglas? haha. wake the **** up

I wouldn't say they "control" it, but tradionally they've had a big influence in the Finglas/Cabra area's.

At the moment some 'real IRA' and INLA influence still holds sway in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Mairt wrote:
    I wouldn't say they "control" it, but tradionally they've had a big influence in the Finglas/Cabra area's.

At the moment some 'real IRA' and INLA influence still holds sway in the area.

They don't, the Sunday Indo think they do, but the IRA are not players in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

lightening wrote:
    They don't, the Sunday Indo think they do, but the IRA are not players in the area.

True, you'd swear that the Sunday Indo know who controls the lives of over 50,000 people on a daily basis there..LOL

In this discussion, you cant compare tiny areas like edenmore, donaghmede etc with vast areas like Tallaght/Finglas/Clondalkin/Coolock, its just unfair on a case by case!

If tiny areas with a few hundred residents keep cropping up as bad, they must be really bad, hardly a comparison to metropolis' like Tallaght/Finglas/Clondalkin/Coolock with their 50k+ populations!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

okay i'm currently living in coolock,and it's nowhere near as bad as some are making out! coolock village is fine,never had any trouble there,nearest really **** area's are harmo and darndale,but once again i think cause the cop shop is in coolock the place gets a bad rep in the media,FFS a dude gets shot in clontarf and the papers start banging on about a man being held in COOLOCK GARDA STATION etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

have to laugh at these people saying if you prefer to hang around with "scumbags" over toffs your being PC. for ****s sake, who do you want standing next to you in a fight? a toff who passes out at the first sight of a syringe or a knacker who's handy with a tyre iron? honestly you'd swear you live in a country where the gardai turn up!:D :D

and for the record walkinstowns so full of nigerians its practically not part of ireland anymore :p

am surprised how little comment neilstown has got that said there hasnt really been that much trouble there lately. plus alot of the houses there are being bought for ridiculous prices by desperate professionals trying to buy somewhere in dublin cheap. i live in an estate somewhat wedged between nielstown and lucan and practically have the estates been sold in the last 3yrs. when you consider the original owners paid 21k for their houses in the 80s getting 360k is a sweet deal. does make you wonder where the troublemakers have bought instead though:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Summerhill and Killenarden

lightening wrote:

Actually, they are players in the area. Like it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Ah Mairt, Don't believe everything you read, the old shinners and ra fellas used to have a slight fear hold over misbehaviour, now everybody is as dangerous as everyone, they all have guns and are not at all afraid of using them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement