Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CiT Power Supply, PSU

• 20-09-2012 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Hi all, was looking for a new psu on amazon and came across this http://www.amazon.co.uk/750w-Gold-Silent-Power-Supply/dp/B0016ZUE3Q/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1348148424&sr=8-10

Theres some really good reviews and a small number of not so good reviews, was wondering should i go for this, anybody had one of these before?
    I'm upgrading from a 500w to power my new sapphire 4890 vapor x. Also there was issues about the cables being short but luckily I have a small case :D I have a 2 molex to 6 pin also so they wont be a problem. On my current psu i only have 3 molex and 1 sata (I have a sata adapter). Is this CiT PSU too good to be true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

simon360 wrote: »
    Hi all, was looking for a new psu on amazon and came across this http://www.amazon.co.uk/750w-Gold-Silent-Power-Supply/dp/B0016ZUE3Q/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1348148424&sr=8-10

Theres some really good reviews and a small number of not so good reviews, was wondering should i go for this, anybody had one of these before?
    I'm upgrading from a 500w to power my new sapphire 4890 vapor x. Also there was issues about the cables being short but luckily I have a small case :D I have a 2 molex to 6 pin also so they wont be a problem. On my current psu i only have 3 molex and 1 sata (I have a sata adapter). Is this CiT PSU too good to be true?

a good quality 500W is more than enough to drive a radeon 4890....

What is your current PSU?

Cheap shhittyyy PSU checklist:

1) high wattage for a very low price (check)

2) bling'ed up in gold to make something very cheap seem better than it is (check)

It screams of tears and fire ....

Why don't you post up your budget and we can try steer you towards something that won't set your house on fire.....

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

uberpixie wrote: »
    a good quality 500W is more than enough to drive a radeon 4890....

What is your current PSU?

Cheap shhittyyy PSU checklist:

1) high wattage for a very low price (check)

2) bling'ed up in gold to make something very cheap seem better than it is (check)

It screams of tears and fire ....

Why don't you post up your budget and we can try steer you towards something that won't set your house on fire.....
    haha was only thinking of spending 60-70, well they have the black edition of that and theres loads of good reviews, they do 400w to 1000w

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

They're an HEC Orion OEM and they're shCiT.

They're an HEC Orion OEM and they're shCiT.

well they're off the list....

Here is a good list to go by, http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=478717

XFX would be a good choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I had one of these go on me, I just can't remember if was the PSU that went and took out a graphics card with it or one that politely just clapped out harming nothing else. After about 15 years of building my own PC's I think its safe to say the one thing I wouldnt skimp on is a PSU.

Yes, the one in the adverts is a good PSU.

Advertisement