Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PiP Implants support thread - Irish petition in post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭saulite

sue103 wrote: »
    Hi I also got a letter to say that I more than likely have PIP Implants don't know what to do should I contact my clinic or GP?

With letter you mean an email ?? Sorry . I would suggest you to go to GP first and then scan ,but definitely report to GP .

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lillzo

hi i just found out yesterday that i dont have pip thank god. I had my op done with <snip> in 2005 they have since shut down. I contacted the imb to find out where my medical records were they gave me a phone no for the suppliers and liquidation company so if anyone on here is in the same suitation please pm me and i will give u the phone numbers. To all the women on here with pip i really feel for you i couldnt sleep all over christmas with the worry. Demand answers from clinics they should be made accountable. try countact imb and get the suppliers no they have a database with everyones implant details.

ask your GP again ,I am doing my scan on monday in <snip> .I also don't have my medical record , I asked my GP to ring <snip> and request .. I am so tired and can't think of anth else ....
    Its criminal what they did to us, they should all be in prison !!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ladies,
    Thank you for starting this thread, it helps so much to read as much info as possible. I am also one of the unlucky ones, i had PIPs put in by <snip> in 2007 and feel sick at the level of their service. i have recieved no notice or letoter from they, when i rang they couldnt give me ANY info at all. As im based in Dublin Ive been looking around and have decided to have my implants replaced. I had a scan and they are not ruptured but I cannot live with the risk. I went to <snip> in <snip> and i feel happy to go with them, the implants they use are very good when i looked them up. They were really nice and said they had never used PIPs coz they were too cheap in comparisen to other proper implants- which made me feel way better. I paid 5000 for my first operation and am getting a good deal now, although i should be the one paying for <snip> SHOULD. I just dont want to wait around for them to do the right thing. Im going to call a solicitor and sue <snip> after my operation, i just want them out now first. Its awful what these places have done, happy to take the money but not help now we are scared. Well done to the women marching today on BBC doing us all proud, wish i could have been there.

<snip> should be suspend from trading in this country for putting profit before people. girls u need to get out on the streets and start protesting outside there offices get it on the news again (havnt heard anything on irish news about it in a week)make some noise. i cant tell u if i had them id be chaining myself to the railing outside. if anyone wants to organise a march id be happy to join u. could have easely been in the same position.

• Advertisement

Ladies,
    Thank you for starting this thread, it helps so much to read as much info as possible. I am also one of the unlucky ones, i had PIPs put in by the <snip> in 2007 and feel sick at the level of their service. i have recieved no notice or letoter from they, when i rang they couldnt give me ANY info at all. As im based in Dublin Ive been looking around and have decided to have my implants replaced. I had a scan and they are not ruptured but I cannot live with the risk. I went to <snip> in <snip> and i feel happy to go with them, the implants they use are very good when i looked them up. They were really nice and said they had never used PIPs coz they were too cheap in comparisen to other proper implants- which made me feel way better. I paid 5000 for my first operation and am getting a good deal now, although i should be the one paying for the <snip> SHOULD. I just dont want to wait around for them to do the right thing. Im going to call a solicitor and sue <snip> after my operation, i just want them out now first. Its awful what these places have done, happy to take the money but not help now we are scared. Well done to the women marching today on BBC doing us all proud, wish i could have been there.

Do you mind me asking how much they will cost you and how long do you have to wait for an operation??? I am living nightmare and want them out !!!
    And yes I paid more than 6000 to <snip> on 2007 for PIP's just because they told me they are life long ..Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sue103

saulite wrote: »
    With letter you mean an email ?? Sorry . I would suggest you to go to GP first and then scan ,but definitely report to GP .

No I got a letter on the 9th of Jan 2012 to say that the implants I had were likely to be PIP's. I had them done in 2006 with <snip> in <snip>. Going to make an appointment with my GP asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭evergreen girl

Just wondering if anyone has managed to get their medical records from <snip>? I sent a written request for them after xmas but still haven't gotten anything from them and can't get through to them on the phone, they keep hanging up....

And I totally agree with Lillzo, considering their treatment of us, <snip> should def be suspended from trading in this countrymad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mariaas77

Just wondering if anyone has managed to get their medical records from <snip>? I sent a written request for them after xmas but still haven't gotten anything from them and can't get through to them on the phone, they keep hanging up....

And I totally agree with Lillzo, considering their treatment of us, <snip> should def be suspended from trading in this countrymad.gif

Hi Girls - unfortunately I am in a similar position to some of you on here..... I have a 4 month old son and this ordeal is stressing me out big time. If its any comfort to any of you I met with a solicitor from <snip> called <snip> on Thursday this week. She seems to know what she is talking about and has been very supportive and informative.
    She says she has already met with a number of women who are in the same boat as me.

I'm not sure what the outcome is gonna be but she is following up with <snip> on my medical records as I was having no success in getting through to them myself. I'm delighted that she is dealing with this now as I just cant deal with it.

I will keep you posted on how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭evergreen girl

mariaas77 wrote: »
    Hi Girls - unfortunately I am in a similar position to some of you on here..... I have a 4 month old son and this ordeal is stressing me out big time. If its any comfort to any of you I met with a solicitor from <snip> called <snip> on Thursday this week. She seems to know what she is talking about and has been very supportive and informative.
    She says she has already met with a number of women who are in the same boat as me.

I'm not sure what the outcome is gonna be but she is following up with <snip> on my medical records as I was having no success in getting through to them myself. I'm delighted that she is dealing with this now as I just cant deal with it.

Thanks for the above, will def contact them if haven't heard from <snip> in the next week. Have a 4 month old daughter myself and agree that there is enough to worry about without the strain of all this. I just want the implants taken out before I go back to work but obviously don't want to book anything until I find out for sure if they are PIPs.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the above, will def contact them if haven't heard from <snip> in the next week. Have a 4 month old daughter myself and agree that there is enough to worry about without the strain of all this. I just want the implants taken out before I go back to work but obviously don't want to book anything until I find out for sure if they are PIPs.

Best of luck to you evergreen girl..... we definitely didnt need this stress during our maternity leave!

hi girls i also have pip implants i got mine done in 2005 in <snip> in <snip> i have also found out they have closed down and dont no what to do i have made an appointment with my doc and need to get a referal from him so i can get a CT scan if my implants are found to be faulty what do i do ? i cant remember the name of the surgeon that fitted mine so i cant get my medical records ? i have also been in contact with my solister he said we might be able to go after the hospitals medical insurance but how long is that going to take im terrified and dont have 5000 to get them done so where is the come back ? other women that got them done in <snip> and <snip> can go to there doctors but what do we do the women that went to <snip> were do we stand we have no one to talk to what do we do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jeano8

I heard from <snip> today they said they would have my med records monday or tuesday and they would let me know then hopefully they arent fobbing me off yet again and finally i will get confirmation they also said they were looking into providing scans in <snip> in <snip> so i will keep u posted i hav an 8 month old and a 22 month and a 6 year old the worry is seriously getting to me i really just want answers and something done about this now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭kyra123

Hi girls,
    I also got a letter only today to say
    'we are writing to inform you that the breast implants tha you had inserted though our company are LIKELY to be from the French manufacturer PIP' As so anger the letter is pure bull just telling me that load of testing has been carried out on the implants and that they are fine.

ever green girls- I have been asking for my records since dec 15 th from <snip> and have never gotten any reply. I got really upset today and said to my husband the same as you they should not be alloweed to trade in country until they deal with us.

for the girls going to solicitors I 'm not working at the moment and like every other family money is tight, can I ask you all how much a solicitor is costing you all?

For the girls going to get scan in dublin where are you going to get them? do you have to be referred by your GP?
    I am so angry with <snip>, how are they getting away with treating us like this.

kyra123 wrote: »
    Hi girls,
    I also got a letter only today to say
    'we are writing to inform you that the breast implants tha you had inserted though our company are LIKELY to be from the French manufacturer PIP' As so anger the letter is pure bull just telling me that load of testing has been carried out on the implants and that they are fine.

ever green girls- I have been asking for my records since dec 15 th from <snip> and have never gotten any reply. I got really upset today and said to my husband the same as you they should not be alloweed to trade in country until they deal with us.

for the girls going to solicitors I 'm not working at the moment and like every other family money is tight, can I ask you all how much a solicitor is costing you all?

For the girls going to get scan in dublin where are you going to get them? do you have to be referred by your GP?
    I am so angry with <snip>, how are they getting away with treating us like this.

When I met with the solicitor in <snip>, she told me that it won't cost me a penny.

I also got a letter saying that most likely I have PIP implants ..and since that moment my life is nightmare ...
    I hope this will help you I know there is solicitor in Tipperary who is not charging anth unless the (PIP) case is successful , I have his phone numb - 238833348, even if you ring him and talk to him ...he was very helpful and said if i decide to go ahead with them they will send you a form to fill out and the next they will contact the hospital to get your medical records .They are coming over to Dublin in begginning of febr to meet ....
    2nd
    www.lavellecoleman.ie
    Lavelle Coleman is an Irish law and legal services firm based in Dublin. I heard from other girls they are working hard on this case .

I am getting my scan tom in <snip> you can contact them on <snip>. You will need a refering letter from your GP.
    It will cost you 145euro if you have Medical card then 50euro less .

If it helps to anyone in my country in Latvia the operation costs 3000 euro . but then hotel expenses plus travelling hmmm could come up the same . maybe just little saving :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Poppygal

<snip> are only charging €3000 also and no need for overnight in most cases, unless you want to!! I paid double this in 2007 :( Could be worth asking if they could offer discount for PIP replacments! If enough people ask they would be mad not to consider a reduced price!

When I met with the solicitor in <snip>, she told me that it won't cost me a penny.

Thanks so much for this information, the money side of it as with alot of you i'm sure has had me panic. I was worried that I would end up just being left to carry this with no help just because I can't afford to have my implants removed. I will call <snip> in <snip> tomorrow, will let you know how i get on?

Saulite- thanks also for the infomation, am based in Dublin so think i'll try <snip> solicitors first.

I have to say i'm a little worried about having them replaced if that is an option what if this happened again?
    For any of the girls that are having their implants removed completely what are you left with? will they tighten up any loose skin?

Has anyone considered giving an interview to Joe Duffy or Ray Darcy? I have to say I am thinking about it, can't believe it s not in the media more. The only thing holding me back is I;ve always been really private about my surgery (I decided early on not to tell some friends and family).

When I met with the solicitor in Lavelle Coleman, she told me that it won't cost me a penny.

Thanks so much for this information, the money side of it as with alot of you i'm sure has had me panic. I was worried that I would end up just being left to carry this with no help just because I can't afford to have my implants removed. I will call avril in coleman tomorrow, will let you know how i get on?

Saulite- thanks also for the infomation, am based in Dublin so think i'll try coleman solicitors first.

I have to say i'm a little worried about having them replaced if that is an option what if this happened again?
    For any of the girls that are having their implants removed completely what are you left with? will they tighten up any loose skin?

Has anyone considered giving an interview to Joe Duffy or Ray Darcy? I have to say I am thinking about it, can't believe it s not in the media more. The only thing holding me back is I;ve always been really private about my surgery (I decided early on not to tell some friends and family).
    I am thinking bout not replacing them also im afraid thos wud happen again but also am afraid that i would be bak to sqare one with how i felt and how self concious i was i also did an interview with tje irish independant and it will be in there this wednesday and i am in contacr with mccarthy solicitors in cork they also do no win no fee and they are very sympathetic so giv them a try also and i think ur right we need to keep this in the media its funny i posted yesterday that hmg never got back to me and within a few mins of the post i got a phonecall coinsidence they are suppose to be phoning me tomorrow to confirm whether i hav the pip implants which is about time since i have been in touch with them since a couple of days before xmas find it hard to beleive tjey havent had our med records since tjey told the imb they contacted us all in novemeber ladt year liars they also tried to tell me that even if the implants are ruptured there wud be no haem to me even though its not medical grade silicone she said it wss the same silicone they used back when they first made implants and that they only change to the medical grade because its better so how in the same sentence could they say that industrial grade silicone is sage to ne leaking into our bodies?

hi girls i also have pip implants i got mine done in 2005 in <snip> i have also found out they have closed down and dont no what to do i have made an appointment with my doc and need to get a referal from him so i can get a CT scan if my implants are found to be faulty what do i do ? i cant remember the name of the surgeon that fitted mine so i cant get my medical records ? i have also been in contact with my solister he said we might be able to go after the hospitals medical insurance but how long is that going to take im terrified and dont have 5000 to get them done so where is the come back ? other women that got them done in <snip> and <snip> can go to there doctors but what do we do the women that went to <snip> were do we stand we have no one to talk to what do we do ?
    hi concerned pip

contact www.imb.ie send an email and ask them for a contact no for the liquidators they should have ur medical record. i contacted them last week and got a reply straight away. Once u know for sure u have pip get ur gp to refere u to a breast clinic in a public hospital (wont be as exp as private). hse should be helpling women in ur suitation that have no come back as clinic is gone get ur gp to contact minister for health and plead ur case if implants have ruptured. hope this helps.

• Advertisement

Hi girls, ive pip 7 years and think im one of the efected women my implants have had what feels like an air bubble for years its never gotten bigger but ive been checking again this week and ive found another one on my other breast i think mine have rupshured but i wont no till i get my CT scan im absaluty terrified as <snip> has closed down so if it is the case mine have rupshured whos going to replace them ? thats what scares me more i no any of the women that went to <snip> or <snip> if ruptured will get theres replaced for free but what am i to do as <snip> is gone who will replace mine

Pixiejane wrote: »
    Hello all you ladies out there. Not very familiar with boards.ie so please bear with me. First of all, I'm one of the unfortunates as well with these dreaded PIP implants. Almost 5 years in at this stage and attended <snip>. I'm trying to read through all the posts to familiarise myself with everyone's situation.

Hi Pixiejane,

I too got them done in <snip> , just 6 years ago. Have you contacted the Clinic? Have they sent you for a scan yet?
    Are you sure you have PIPs as the issue was raised 7 yrs ago about their saftey?

lillzo wrote: »
    hi concerned pip

contact www.imb.ie send an email and ask them for a contact no for the liquidators they should have ur medical record. i contacted them last week and got a reply straight away. Once u know for sure u have pip get ur gp to refere u to a breast clinic in a public hospital (wont be as exp as private). hse should be helpling women in ur suitation that have no come back as clinic is gone get ur gp to contact minister for health and plead ur case if implants have ruptured. hope this helps.

Thanks so much i have sent them an email now and im going to my solister tuesday i have not slept in days and have never been so scared someone will be held responsible for all us women we paid thousands its absalutly shocking

Hi girls i rang <snip> last week as i my hospital has closed down they told me they charge 3000 euros but for the women who have pip they will cost more as there is more work involved if u ask me this is a money making racket and not true i think there just jumping on the band wagon to make money i also paid dubble that also <snip> said they used to give free consatations but again not for pip women this is an absalute joke r u kidding me what next ? its a money making racket instead of trying to help the women ?

Poppygal wrote: »
    Can't help but wonder if you might be referring to me :) I can assure you I have nothing to do with any legal firms or the like. I am someone who had OP done in 2007 with <snip>. I spent the whole of the xmas worrying if I might have these PIP implants. I am out of work and still paying for my procedure so wouldn't have been able to pay for a scan, never mind replacement. It took me over 3 weeks to find the courage to call my clinic to see if I had them. The relief was like no other to learn I didn't. I have a 3 y/o daughter and I am bringing her up on my own so the thought of my health being put at risk frightened the life out of me. And even though i have got the all clear, I am furious that yet again, the ordionary people are being treated with such disregard. I also realise that it can be extremely difficult to think clearly when your life is in turmoil as I imagine is the case for many with PIP victims, I was mearly offering some advice and suggesting what I would do, had I found myself in the PIP boat.

Poppga;.

Thanks for taking the time to put your thought across..I am one of those who think <snip> will come through in providing a solution.
    But your note has made me think that we really do need to make more noise and seek legal advice. I for one will be doing that in the morning.
    Come on Girls, let the professionals do the talking. Lets see how long it will be befre a Statement is made by the IMB AND EACH OF THE CLINICS....

chip1234 wrote: »
    Poppga;.

Thanks for taking the time to put your thought across..I am one of those who think <snip> will come through in providing a solution.
    But your note has made me think that we really do need to make more noise and seek legal advice. I for one will be doing that in the morning.
    Come on Girls, let the professionals do the talking. Lets see how long it will be befre a Statement is made by the IMB AND EACH OF THE CLINICS....

I rang IMB on friday and they told me that they will have news for us on 31st of january .

jeano8 wrote: »
    I am thinking bout not replacing them also im afraid thos wud happen again but also am afraid that i would be bak to sqare one with how i felt and how self concious i was i also did an interview with tje irish independant and it will be in there this wednesday and i am in contacr with mccarthy solicitors in cork they also do no win no fee and they are very sympathetic so giv them a try also and i think ur right we need to keep this in the media its funny i posted yesterday that <snip> never got back to me and within a few mins of the post i got a phonecall coinsidence they are suppose to be phoning me tomorrow to confirm whether i hav the pip implants which is about time since i have been in touch with them since a couple of days before xmas find it hard to beleive tjey havent had our med records since tjey told the imb they contacted us all in novemeber ladt year liars they also tried to tell me that even if the implants are ruptured there wud be no haem to me even though its not medical grade silicone she said it wss the same silicone they used back when they first made implants and that they only change to the medical grade because its better so how in the same sentence could they say that industrial grade silicone is sage to ne leaking into our bodies?

Jean I know how you feel am honestly worrying about this all the time, it s just so wrong. Well done to you giving an interview I will look out for it on wednesday.
    I ve been thinking about this all day and I'm going to call the solicitor in the morning and get the ball rolling for me with <snip> I've asked for conformation and my records five times now and to see a surgeon as I have what i can feel as rippling in one breast.
    How all the clinic s are treating us is so wrong- stay strong girls I honestly can't tell you enought what a relief and support this forum has been to me over the past few days.
    Going to do some digging tonight and see what other contact i or friends may have that can help us.

Jean I know how you feel am honestly worrying about this all the time, it s just so wrong. Well done to you giving an interview I will look out for it on wednesday.
    I ve been thinking about this all day and I'm going to call the solicitor in the morning and get the ball rolling for me with <snip> I've asked for conformation and my records five times now and to see a surgeon as I have what i can feel as rippling in one breast.
    How all the clinic s are treating us is so wrong- stay strong girls I honestly can't tell you enought what a relief and support this forum has been to me over the past few days.
    Going to do some digging tonight and see what other contact i or friends may have that can help us.

Hi, can i just ask how u no u have a ripping in your breast what dose it feel like as i can feel what i think is a air bubble its there years and has never gotten bigger but now i can feel one in my other breast i never was concerned about it as it never gave me trubble and i read that these type of things can be from plastic surgery and not to be worried but now i think its cos they are pip and damaged going to the doc tomorrow will no more then i guess

jeano8 wrote: »
    I am thinking bout not replacing them also im afraid thos wud happen again but also am afraid that i would be bak to sqare one with how i felt and how self concious i was i also did an interview with tje irish independant and it will be in there this wednesday and i am in contacr with mccarthy solicitors in cork they also do no win no fee and they are very sympathetic so giv them a try also and i think ur right we need to keep this in the media its funny i posted yesterday that hmg never got back to me and within a few mins of the post i got a phonecall coinsidence they are suppose to be phoning me tomorrow to confirm whether i hav the pip implants which is about time since i have been in touch with them since a couple of days before xmas find it hard to beleive tjey havent had our med records since tjey told the imb they contacted us all in novemeber ladt year liars they also tried to tell me that even if the implants are ruptured there wud be no haem to me even though its not medical grade silicone she said it wss the same silicone they used back when they first made implants and that they only change to the medical grade because its better so how in the same sentence could they say that industrial grade silicone is sage to ne leaking into our bodies?

I know its awful u must be so worried i know i am and likewise this forum has really given me the get up and go to do something about this i ak uaving some bad moments though im very down about it i just dont know what way to go at the moment i hav contacted <snip> almost on a daily basis and i have to say the way they hav treatd us is criminal so for our sakes we all have to stick together on this and maybe we might get somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 francie08

HI Nettie, so relieved to see your post. I really feel for you. I am in same position as you but was only contacted on friday. Had the most awful weekend worrying non stop. It is just awful. LIke most other women here it is not something I did lightly. I am meeting with them on wed, which gives me time to contact GP and solicitiors before then. The one day Dublin op is the least of your worries now - go for it. I went to UK and flew back the next day.
    nettie80 wrote: »
    Hiya,

I too found out that I have the PIP implants. I was hoping to hear from anyone in the Galway area who have had theirs done through <snip>. I have already spoken with them regarding my options and they have said they would remove the implants free of charge, however I would have to foot the bill for the replacements. They are doing the surgery in Dublin in ONE DAY! So its in and out on the same day. Im not happy about this as anyone who has had implants will know how painful it was and being groggy and out of it for a good 24 hours. Surely you would have to be kept in for observation.

Im angry at the thought of having to pay for the replacements as through research, I have found that in medical circles, PIP implants were widely known to be a cheap and lesser grade quality. I paid almost 6000 euros and they are offering to replace them for 3000. I feel like they are trying to cut corners by expecting women to get it done in one day with no over night stay in a hospital for observation. I am interested in getting them replaced for my own piece of mind as I would expect having paid alot of money, to get the best care available. I find that clinics around ireland regardless of who they were, have a moral obligation to look after their patients and replace them free of charge. I was told that my implants were guaranteed for 10-12 years (had them for 3 years now) so surely we should have some sort of a leg to stand on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement