Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ryan Tubridy - Radio Shows Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

ghiertal wrote: »
    THE simmering feud between Ryan Tubridy and Sile Seoige has kicked off to open warfare.
    Weeks after the diminutive Ms Seoige took a pop at the ailing Late Late Show, Tubridy has hit back with a cruel barb of his own.
    Tubridy has described Ms Seoige as a "small thing" in a veiled attack over her jibes.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/tubridy-lashes-out-at-that-small-thing-sile-3019039.html

I think he would have known about Sile having cancer. They both move in media circles. I listened for 5 minutes this morning and typically he was glorifying jedward and talking about "hyper kids on smarties". People are sick of him.

Like i thought water of a ducks back to him..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Sorry gherital but your behaviour on this forum is suspicious to say the least. You entered this thread thinking Tubs is the second coming, within 24 hours you become his arch nemesis, and over the last while your posts have been clutching at so many straws that one might think you are somehow trying to derail the thread.....

Man....one just has to listen to tubs for 5 minutes to hear that he is so inept at what he does that you don't have to make it up!

I agree with you Ash, the thought had crossed my mind too.

Is this an attempt to close this thread? Its like Tubridy-philes have changed tact and instead of trying to defend his useless brand of presenting, they are trying to close down the thread completely with increasingly 'out there' remarks and accusations.

That's what it seems like to me anyway... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

i'm not going to clog up page making same point over and over. here is my view

1.he knew she had cancer then,

2.he dismissed her as a small thing

That's my view if people are happy with that behaviour then ok. But look at the barry andrews in the last dail if you think that clan wouldnt sink so low. If a person criticises a ff member they will go for the throat. He knew that she was weak, that is why he attacked her.

HE DID NOT CALL HER A 'SMALL THING' . LEARN TO READ!

I do hope that got your attention as you seem intent on ignoring the facts and perpetuating your lies. Please give it up ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

i'm not going to clog up page making same point over and over. here is my view

1.he knew she had cancer then,

2.he dismissed her as a small thing

That's my view if people are happy with that behaviour then ok. But look at the barry andrews in the last dail if you think that clan wouldnt sink so low. If a person criticises a ff member they will go for the throat. He knew that she was weak, that is why he attacked her.

Your obsession with Ryan Tubridy is bordering on delusional. You originally declared him the future of Radio and likely to be enticed away by a foreign broadcaster.

You now believe him to be a homophobic, vitriolic beast who deliberately attacks a woman because is aware she is suffering a horrible disease.

Your rants are increasingly bizarre and removed from reality.

Turn off your radio and get some medical help, ghiertal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Come on Mods - you

are letting this WUM get away with taking the p1ss out what what is actually a serious thread??:confused:

Alternatively, Ghiertal may be a double agent whose real agenda is to get the thread locked to take the focus off RT?

Regarding Ghiertal - this was called long ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

telekon wrote: »

Is this an attempt to close this thread? Its like Tubridy-philes have changed tact and instead of trying to defend his useless brand of presenting, they are trying to close down the thread completely with increasingly 'out there' remarks and accusations.

That's what it seems like to me anyway... :confused:

Embarrassing behavior quite frankly. Definite creepy undertones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

The way I see it is that the guy does not like criticism.That was why he closed his tweeter account in my opinion.He wants people to always say complementary things about him all the time, much like how popular his predecessor was for the most part.

Well if you are in the public eye, you have to expect to be criticized sometimes, OK no one likes it, but that's going to be the case when you are in public. Would RTE keep someone else on if they were losing listeners.I don't follow radio ratings much, so I dont know if he is losing them, but if he is then they need to do something no matter who is there.

As regards the LLS, I think it does not matter who is doing it, its a goner, old hat. Do something else RTE.

As regards Sile,The article I saw yesterday sounded to me anyway was that,well She have health insurance and she have beaten it, and if you dont have it, then you are doomed.But alot of people cant afford it and have no chose but to be thrown at the mercy of the health service.I got the impression that she was gloating.

Now I am sure she is not like that and its great that she is doing well, but this was the impression I got anyway.But I do think it was wrong for Tubs to be having a go at her the way he did, even though she started it.

Sorry for going a bit off topic:)

Since Jimmy and Ghiertal seems to have gone AWOL since the mini-backlash, there was no one to post this latest bit of Tubridy trivia.

Even at 12, he was moaning and whinging like your typical geriatric Liveline caller. What an absolute bore, I would have been creaming myself if three of the greatest films ever were in the cinema at the same time. Jesus, like... :rolleyes:

21188-xlarge.jpg

12 years old going on 55.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

probably got the hole wedgied off him that day!!

Since Jimmy and Ghiertal seems to have gone AWOL since the mini-backlash, there was no one to post this latest bit of Tubridy trivia.

Even at 12, he was moaning and whinging like your typical geriatric Liveline caller. What an absolute bore, I would have been creaming myself if three of the greatest films ever were in the cinema at the same time. Jesus, like... :rolleyes:

21188-xlarge.jpg

WELL i did not post because i know what he is like(tubs) as we all do,so i thought it was irrelevant.plus the fact its not interesting..

• Advertisement

jimmynokia wrote: »
    WELL i did not post because i know what he is like(tubs) as we all do,so i thought it was irrelevant.plus the fact its not interesting..

Yeah it is.

Yeah it is.

And you say others here have issues! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I find those ads for him are kind of pathetic really.. "I make time for Tubridy" as if it was somebody charitable good deed for the day... Why dont they just say "Please listen to Ryan's show or he will lose his job. thanks".

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

Mr Tubridy was born in Dublin in 1974 and is the youngest of Catherine and Patrick Tubridy's five children. The family have powerful political connections. Mr Tubridy's mother is a sister of Niall Andrews, the MEP, and David Andrews, the former government minister whose son Barry is also a TD. His aunt Dot had close links with the Kennedy family in America.
    Mr Tubridy made his broadcasting debut aged just 12 when he appeared on the Poporama Show on Radio Two. He has been a regular around Montrose ever since and is now one of the country's most famous faces with a prime-time Saturday night chat show and Radio One talk show every weekday.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/ryan-tubridy-in-marriage-breakdown-126449.html

I think these points are important. Tubridy has been lined up for the LLS since he was a tot. It's immoral that one should be just handed these positions because of genetics ahead of more talented people. I don't buy that rubbish that he deserves it because his family contributed so much service to the state. They were meant to be fighting for a meritocracy not more elitism. Maybe that's why he loves kids so much, he thinks that they all have magical childhoods reading Roald Dahl, writing to the Irish Times and appearing on TV and radio.

Yeah it is.

http://www.joe.ie/entertainment/entertainment-news/ryan-tubridy-wrote-to-the-irish-times-when-he-was-12-wait-till-you-see-this-0021188-1

I'd say he was the teacher's pet, must have set the old women's hearts aflutter, probably recited quirky poetry in class and made scones for all the old nans. Why does he think we would love his v-neck sweaters and beige slacks? His job is presenting tv and radio but the audience is different from his old schooldays so he needs to do something smart. It worked on the Full Irish because he fresh and was the bold boy in class. It was like sitting alongside the messer in school, you grow tired of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Its hard to believe that a 12 year old could have wrote into a newspaper about such trivia.If he had done so with something like the tv show "Anything goes " or something ,might have been somewhat less shocking.

I can imagine Joe Duffy and himself in class all swatty geeks.The other kids making fun of them sticking pins under their seats, nicking their books etc :D.

Yeah it is.

http://www.joe.ie/entertainment/entertainment-news/ryan-tubridy-wrote-to-the-irish-times-when-he-was-12-wait-till-you-see-this-0021188-1

I'd say he was the teacher's pet, must have set the old women's hearts aflutter, probably recited quirky poetry in class and made scones for all the old nans. Why does he think we would love his v-neck sweaters and beige slacks? His job is presenting tv and radio but the audience is different from his old schooldays so he needs to do something smart. It worked on the Full Irish because he fresh and was the bold boy in class. It was like sitting alongside the messer in school, you grow tired of it.
    'bold boy in class, messer in school'. Hello Ryan.

'bold boy in class, messer in school'. Hello Ryan.

A big "Hi Ryan" from me too.

I reckon its got to be Tubridy himself trying to wind up those nasty people on Boards by playing the double agent. How splendidly cunning of him...

ha i've just noticed the tags for this page....funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Either discuss Ryan Tubridys radio show or I will close this thread..... For good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

as im forced to listen to his show most mornings, i have to say it has improved big time. he plays a wide variety of songs and talks about everything and anything. (the annoying mothers and their darling bratskids still invade the airwaves every so often though) i dunno man, if i was getting abuse from angles,i reckon i'd have told ya'll to f**k right off!! he was right to close down his twitter- why should he take that level of abuse? i mean if my wages were as big as his would i feel guilty? nope! no f**kin way! would ye accept the level of abuse he gets?? would ye take the wages he gets if it was offered to ye?
    dont freak, i still think hes annoying and has an attitude of "i want it all right now". "a young man in an awful hurry" as gay byrne once described him.

as im forced to listen to his show most mornings, i have to say it has improved big time. he plays a wide variety of songs and talks about everything and anything. (the annoying mothers and their darling bratskids still invade the airwaves every so often though) i dunno man, if i was getting abuse from angles,i reckon i'd have told ya'll to f**k right off!! he was right to close down his twitter- why should he take that level of abuse? i mean if my wages were as big as his would i feel guilty? nope! no f**kin way! would ye accept the level of abuse he gets?? would ye take the wages he gets if it was offered to ye?
    dont freak, i still think hes annoying and has an attitude of "i want it all right now". "a young man in an awful hurry" as gay byrne once described him.

Great post but I think it was Pat Kenny that actually said that...

I can't disagree with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

No one who uses 'ye' in a sentence should expect to have their point of view taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rebel without a clue

ok;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Pintoplain

He constantly makes the faux-apologetic boast that he's a "politics anorak". Imagine Vincent Browne, or anybody genuinely engaged with politics, describing themselves in such an asinine, self-regarding way?

Pintoplain wrote: »
    He constantly makes the faux-apologetic boast that he's a "politics anorak". Imagine Vincent Browne, or anybody genuinely engaged with politics, describing themselves in such an asinine, self-regarding way?

I take your point but i'm not sure if tubridy plays up to the "political anorak" part of his persona now that he is on 2fm. On his radio 1 programme he constantly had segments on politics and current affairs. He brought some of this content back onto 2fm for the first year but he downplays the political part of his life now. He is heavily linked with Fianna Fail so he is probably scared.

He also calls himself a political junkie. It is a very annoying habit amongst rte presenters. It seems to be a self-justification for their salaries, as if they spend their spare time researching for their radio shows. Marian Finucane is another one who comes to mind. Anyone who criticised me for calling tubridy homophobic may have cause to think again after his desperately uncomfortable interview with Gok Wan. He seems to think that every gay man is a threat and he doesn't know how to handle them.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

I actually enjoyed the interview with Gok Wan and I would think Tubridy did too. He interviewed him before on Tubridy Tonight and seemed to enjoy it that time too. It didn't seem to me that Gok being gay was an issue at all. I think some people just read what they want into anything Ryan Tubridy does therefore he can't win.

tinyk68 wrote: »
    I actually enjoyed the interview with Gok Wan and I would think Tubridy did too. He interviewed him before on Tubridy Tonight and seemed to enjoy it that time too. It didn't seem to me that Gok being gay was an issue at all. I think some people just read what they want into anything Ryan Tubridy does therefore he can't win.

Maybe he did enjoy it but it didn't come across that way. Gok was flirting with tubridy but tubridy refused to get into the spirit of things. It would have been nice to see tubs play up to Gok and try to be naughty with him. Instead he looked embarassed by Gok's come-on's and was stand-offish with him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Dave, slow down a bit man, take a few deep breaths.

Advertisement