Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Range Resources (RRL.L) tipped by RHPS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭yobr

Thargor wrote: »
    I wouldn't even bother trying to guess, ask Neil what the resistance is like.

Ta, was thinking of dumping a few PCI and getting a few more of these..

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭neil.p.b

yobr wrote: »
    Ta, was thinking of dumping a few PCI and getting a few more of these..

Get in quick!!

Range chart is a bit messy but main resistance at 14ish and then 18ish and finally 25. No idea where we'll end up on Spud RNS, remember a lot of it is priced in already, everybodies known for a few days so i'm trying to keep my feet on the ground. But i honestly couldn't care less what it does to the share price over the next few days i'm not trading it, in for the drill results.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

RMP halted now aswell by the way.

Morning RNS for both i'd guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

No RNS until Thursday, Looks like we could be in for some thing major
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

Big thanks to all and sundry who put this on my radar. There is a lot to be said for DYOR and some gentle guidance from posters on other forums..... the biggest trick is weeding out the gob_sh*tes. Cant believe this has taken off so quickly, A correction was always on the cards but i didnt expect it to be this quick. it will indeed be interesting to see exactly what is in the RNS and IF it is just the spud announcement, will be glued to the screen to see what the impact is, we usually get an insight with opening figures on the ASX but we are totally blind.

We are also led to believe that we will be drip fed with news over the coming day(s). Mabey Offshore licence, mabey the deep drill in TT, mabey Texas revision, mabey Columbia entry, mabey update on Georgia which is so far off the radar its nearly funny! There is just sooooooo much in the pipleine (sorry) that this could be a HUGE deal, trying to keep myself grounded here lol.

I feel like i kinda cheated as most people have had the trauma of an entry position in the teens and then spiking to 24 only to fall back down again, I can late to the party and have a low entry position and I am loving this :)

Grecco wrote: »
    No RNS until Thursday, Looks like we could be in for some thing major
    :D

RNS will be tomorrow imo. Trading halt RNS stated they will remain in a trading halt until thursday OR until the news is released. Horn have released there RNS today and there is no reason to delay it from RRL/RMPs point of view - i dont think the RNS will contain anything else apart from Shabeel spud.

Happy days folks, it's been a long time coming.

Lads, some feedback on this would be great.

Looking at current prices there seems (on paper anyway) to be a bit of a disconnect with sp increased since yr end.

HRN +5%
    RMP +52%
    RRL +51%

Now if we look at what Puntland is worth to each company its

HRN 60%, RMP 20%, RRL 20%.
    We all know that RRL has a couple of strings to its bow so it is difficult to see what the market in underpinning in the share price for Puntland.
    RMP on the other hand has 2 plays, Georgia & Puntland. Up to recently the markets had all but discounted the value of Georgia on the bad news a few months back so parking this to one side we can get a direct comparison to RMP & HRN.

RMP has a fully diluted share cap of 152m shares (147m issued +5m options), this is a fully diluted market cap of £31.6m

HRN is slightly trickier (and i am open to correction here), it has a fully diluted share cap of 125m shares (75m issued +50m options). Looking at this valuation excluding the options it has a market cap of £43m or with options £72m. Now if you value it with options you have to factor in the cash injection of approx £50m.

So my question is HRN a steal owning 60% of RMP for a market cap of £43m compared to RMP's market cap of £32m for 20% of the same real estate or is Georgia worth the difference???? Or is RMP overvalued????

Just looking for an opportunity in the middle of the frenzy which will be tomorrow

Got the RNS, and the SP drop. Now its 90 days and counting. Best of luck all, hope a few here top sliced before the announced if not then it looks like a hold strategy from here on.
    I`m with Red emperor more than RRL so its definitely boom or bust for Red emperor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Exciting times ahead! So much going on in the next few months its hard to keep track.

Over on RUM the all knowing (:rolleyes:) JR reckons there is another "Masterstroke" happening behind the scenes. He seems to be hinting at more deals being signed. If that works out it would be great!

Can somebody explain why the trading was halted coming up to Spud? Why dont they leave the price do whatever its going to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭poodles

Got the RNS, and the SP drop. Now its 90 days and counting. Best of luck all, hope a few here top sliced before the announced if not then it looks like a hold strategy from here on.
    I`m with Red emperor more than RRL so its definitely boom or bust for Red emperor

With the two Puntland drills back to back as well as the second Georgia drill all happening at the same time, it wouldn't be a bad gamble to hold 100% until TD of the first PL drill.

poodles wrote: »
    With the two Puntland drills back to back as well as the second Georgia drill all happening at the same time, it wouldn't be a bad gamble to hold 100% until TD of the first PL drill.

Not a bad gamble at all :)

But I missed a real good chance to buy back into rrl in a big way, I spent too long faffing about trying to find the lowest entry point possible :(
    And to make it worse its not my first time to miss out.
    Anyway I have a really low average for RMP and Im in big so I will try and reduce my exposure if it rallies before TD

But I missed a real good chance to buy back into rrl in a big way, I spent too long faffing about trying to find the lowest entry point possible :(
    And to make it worse its not my first time to miss out.

Same here! Why I didn't buy FOGL last week I will never know...really need to get my act together big time..

poodles wrote: »

If you are banking on Puntland I would suggest HORN is by far the better play, the stock is much less liquid than RMP or RRL but the way both of these are being manipulated/traded it probably isnt such a bad thing especially if you are holding long term

Rumors are flying at the moment that large OIL shows were encountered a 1100m, I really hope its true and not the usual rubbish that we get:D

Hope its true but of course its rubbish, its 4 badly translated Somalian websites all quoting the same post from some random on a Somalian version of Boards.ie, could info get any more dodgy? Im pretty sure we were hearing similar rumors from the same sources this time last year claiming it had already spudded.

Is anyone finding RUM basically unreadable these days? Someone makes a serious thread then there's about 2 or 3 sensible posts that you'd want to read then all of a sudden that fcuking unfunny pr1ck FeedthePony is in followed by that Pin00ch twat and a few of their hangers on talking about sh1ting themselves and getting p1ssed and fake insults back and forth and back and forth and laughing at their own jokes and all of a sudden there's 150 posts in the thread and not a single one of them are worth reading. It happens in every single thread now and there's no ignore button on Google Groups, they've completely wrecked the place.

I remember that there was similar sh1te posted about Oil was struck in Georgia after about 1500m so its possibly a pump and dump tactic.

Hope its true but of course its rubbish, its 4 badly translated Somalian websites all quoting the same post from some random on a Somalian version of Boards.ie, could info get any more dodgy? Im pretty sure we were hearing similar rumors from the same sources this time last year claiming it had already spudded.

Is anyone finding RUM basically unreadable these days? Someone makes a serious thread then there's about 2 or 3 sensible posts that you'd want to read then all of a sudden that fcuking unfunny pr1ck FeedthePony is in followed by that Pin00ch twat and a few of their hangers on talking about sh1ting themselves and getting p1ssed and fake insults back and forth and back and forth and laughing at their own jokes and all of a sudden there's 150 posts in the thread and not a single one of them are worth reading. It happens in every single thread now and there's no ignore button on Google Groups, they've completely wrecked the place.

Exactly. The only thing that tells the truth is the chart, volume this week will tell all. Apart from it being from some random site the fact it surfaced on a friday automatically makes me extremely skeptical. Happens all the time, rumour on a friday, small PIs get all excited over the weekend about how many millions they are going to make because they are one of the lucky ones who are privy to this news before others (how stupid can you be) and just place buy orders at market price for mondays open and the MMs take advantage of that and mark it up. Not to worry though, there is oil there its just a matter of being patient to see how much.

I still read rum once a day but it takes me about 2 minutes to do so, i'll just sweep down threads looking for posts from mega, jr, tf, kev y and westbourne. Won't even read what anyone else has said, there might be some good posts from posters i haven't listed but it's become iii in that you have to thrall through so much sh!te to find anything of substance.

neil.p.b wrote: »
    I still read rum once a day but it takes me about 2 minutes to do so, i'll just sweep down threads looking for posts from mega, jr, tf, kev y and westbourne. Won't even read what anyone else has said, there might be some good posts from posters i haven't listed but it's become iii in that you have to thrall through so much sh!te to find anything of substance.

So true plus all the ass licking of jr too......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

iii have so much cráp posted on it. Much prefer fool.co.uk and some threads on ADVFN..

Some excellent posts on twitter too, if you know where to look.

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Some excellent posts on twitter too, if you know where to look.

Can you tell us who to follow on twitter? thanks

So what do we think of todays events? At least the SP is moving up again anyway. I think JR is basically confirming at least oil shows and maybe payzone in Puntland which is pretty fcuking exciting it has to be said.

So what do we think of todays events? At least the SP is moving up again anyway. I think JR is basically confirming at least oil shows and maybe payzone in Puntland which is pretty fcuking exciting it has to be said.

Volume doesn't suggest anything major. Just the next leg up which was going to happen regardless of rumours imo, SP just needed a breather before it attempted to break 14p again. Range chart is messy but If it does i think we'll see 18ish fairly quickly which coincides with the 61.8% fibonacci expansion of the last leg up.

http://www.screencast.com/t/gFqbXs1OKv

Volume:

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=RRL.L
    http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=rmp.l&ql=1
    http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/q?s=HRN.V
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=AOI.V.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Yahoo shows Range closed at 11.45 but Google finance shows it at 11.25. Why the discrepancy?

Seifer wrote: »
    Yahoo shows Range closed at 11.45 but Google finance shows it at 11.25. Why the discrepancy?

Just happens sometimes with the free service sites. Close was 11.25.

Okay I am officially starting to get excited now, I think Puntland might be a discovery based on statements from Jr who I'm still inclined to trust despite the false starts in the past, what do you think?

I hear ya.... JR is a gradeA ar$ehole. Likes nothing more than to brag about his travels, cars, wealth etc... I mean come on! In saying that he is obviously VERY connected and his last couple of snippets have been on the money but he doesnt half like to play games with it. I would definately heed some consideration to what he spouts but sometimes he is deliberately vague.

I cant help but think the current rumours are over Georgia and not Puntland as Africa Oil & Hunt are both flat???? it doesnt make sense for these 2 not to move if there is any substance to Puntland gossip.

Anyway exciting times over the next couple of weeks thats for sure.

The 400 meter dip stick with "oil right to the top" comment though? There's nothing happening in Georgia at the moment that would explain a comment like that, same for Trinidad.

• Advertisement

The 400 meter dip stick with "oil right to the top" comment though? There's nothing happening in Georgia at the moment that would explain a comment like that, same for Trinidad.

There's a lot going on in T&T that hasn't been announced yet, and still need final results from Texas but yes his comments do seem to be directed towards Puntland. Maybe the lack of huge volume on companies involved is due to the market completely expecting oil to be there in some way (which is what we think JR has implied), and the question has always been quality, quantity and flow rates which will be still be unknown for a number of weeks. Poodles, any opinion?

Either way i'm not worried. T&T update with completed wells, flow rates and CPR, Texas TD and Georgia spud all within the next couple of weeks.

Advertisement