Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want one...

• 14-12-2004 9:33pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Bad Horsie Jem. Steve describes it as "a really cool guitar that's going to be available...it'll kick off at NAMM in LA in January...beautiful...black (with) a sort of mirror front to it". Dot/lit inlays? Factory detuned? Who knows. That's as much as he revealed. Ibanez seems to have cured the chrome/mirrored 'hazing' issue that prevented the same model from surfacing during the last winter NAMM. Looks to be a 2005 model, then.

http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=33646

In case anyone doesn't know what one looks like:

gtr113LRG.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

yeah they all look cool.. whats the handle for tho? i've never seen him use it!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Eh, looks? I think he uses it occasionally for playing legato and lifting the guitar up.

mmm,, would you buy one? i don't know if i would.. it'll be great to play it tho.. i'd say it plays like a dream,, but i guess if people knew that you had a jem then they'd probably just think you're a fret wanker! out of curiosity, what's the cheapest jem around? i've never really looked into gettin one

just had a glance on thomann, cheapes is 1155, not too shabby!

€1400 for a proper Jem from Ishibashi.

The Jem555 is ****e. You'd be better off getting a high end RG.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Much better off. I knew a guy with a blue flower Jem, played unbelievably sweetly, really an amazing guitar.

Still not big on sig models though...

Na, me neither...

But it's Bad Horsie!!! There's blue leds in the neck :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

LED's in the neck are fag rock. Not even the bitches in Poison would have them, though your buddy Fred Durst's bass player seems to like them... he like you too, pretty boy ;)

Ehhhh.... Exam go well then....

:D

Ah, he's not the worst bass player in the world at least. Close though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭-=al=-

yep seen it the day it came out, i love the jems Sexiest guitars going, if i was right haned id buy many! id sleep with them probably, but ima leftie so a RG is all i can get, they make one leftie jem the jem555 but the tree of life inlay on the neck only goes up to the 12th fret, So i was thinkin about customizing my RG with the jem neck, but its too pricey for a custom job...

if ur right haned get one!

+ i seen him use the handle a few times, jus carrying, holding it and lifting the guitar up in a few songs, im a big vai fan, fun playing his songs....

not so sure about the LED inlays, + be a bitch to clean!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Shank

thats one ugly guitar, it's a joke yeah?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Pimp my guitar

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

Hey Sam Rivers from Limp Bizkit is a good Bass Player and his basses are lovely even though he seeems to be using Wals now.Pity about the band!

Advertisement