Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

British and Irish Lions vs Western Force, Wed 5 June 11am; Sky Sports 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

Oh Rory :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

inmyday wrote: »
    I thought it was the opposite, number 9 bit Healy.

I thought it was a WF player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Bogota wrote: »
    Doesn't make a difference, it was poor play.

And I'm sure if he got the offload away you wouldn't have posted praising his play :rolleyes:

Your posts are so unbearably one eyed

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Anatidaephobia

Rory. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Bogota

Really bad from Best there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

FFS Best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Awful throw by Best
    Needs to nail these throws to stake his claim.

trouttrout wrote: »
    And I'm sure if he got the offload away you wouldn't have posted praising his play :rolleyes:

I think he works for Sky Sports

trouttrout wrote: »

Jesus christ man the only one who is unbearably one eyed is you if you can't take a criticism of your provinces player without being precious.

I said Sexton's kicking was awful last week. Said Best was bad there. But you take issue with Murray?? hmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Doesn't make a difference, it was poor play. Anyway he's been good otherwise.

It wasn't really, but to each his own

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Lelantos wrote: »
    Yeah, trying to offload

Trying too hard I think, break never really looked on there, similarly 5 mins earlier when we were on their line after a Tuilagi break and Murray took it on resulting in 5 lost metres, needs to show more patience in them situations.

Take the 3 points !! going for the line out, madness to early for this carry on

Lelantos wrote: »
    It wasn't really, but to each his own

Knocking on at the try line isn't bad play? Each to their own indeed. He should have held on or passed earlier.

shuffol wrote: »
    Trying too hard I think, break never really looked on there, similarly 5 mins earlier when we were on their line after a Tuilagi break and Murray took it on resulting in 5 lost metres, needs to show more patience in them situations.

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Best could have the greatest game possible in the loose. If he delivers a couple of wonky throws today, his chances of the test team are realistically gone.

Dunno why the Force didn't take 3 points. Points builds pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Cork24 wrote: »
    I think he works for Sky Sports

Similar was posted during Saturdays game and I don't get it. The commentators and analysts are balanced in their view of all players, I don't think there's any pro-English stuff to the detriment of Irish players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

I dont know why but Bests throwing has been awful when his side has gone up the line this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Buer wrote: »
    Best could have the greatest game possible in the loose. If he delivers a couple of wonky throws today, his chances of the test team are realistically gone.

Spot on, and I'm afraid it doesn't look good.
    Would love to see him nail a spot down, especially after the way he was treated. Should have been a first pick.

Both hookers (esp the Force) having nightmares at the lineout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

shuffol wrote: »

The earlier pick and go was absolutely the right option. The force were fanning out and leaving a big gap in that B channel. Scrum halves should go for that every single time. Whether or not he lost ground is irrelevant, the Force have to be forced to build their line from inside out.

The dropped ball was poor though, he'll have to improve on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Scrums surprisingly even so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭leakyboots

North is a freak, only just gone 21. Frightening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Knocking on at the try line isn't bad play? Each to their own indeed. He should have held on or passed earlier.

Trying to offload & keep the play flowing was the right idea, he tried to offload, but no one in support, at least he tried to keep the play moving instead of being dragged to ground, he's thinking, playing well so far, quick pop passes, as long ad he keeps it up I'm happy, don't expect everything to come off for him

Dreadful from Best. Dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

hmm best, my heart is bleeding for him here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

Best doing himself no favours...shame...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Come on Rory

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

matthew8 wrote: »
    Their next S15 match is a rivalry with the Waratahs. If the Lions wanted to play them at full strength they should have played them last weekend when they had no game.
    Australia was only going to provide 6 non test games. Lions needed an extra game in order to make money so had to play Babas last weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Sad to say, but Best really hasn't a hope of a test start now

Advertisement