Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stolen Car

• 11-06-2012 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

hi,

My brother's car was stolen by some junkie scumbag this morning, it's a 5 series BMW silver 06 Dublin reg, should be pretty distinctive as my dad caught the guy and opened the passenger door just as the guy reversed out of the driveway so he almost took the passenger door off, he said it was hanging by a thread, if anyone sees it or that could you let me know!

Sorry meant to say it was stolen in the south Dublin area!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Have you got a pic? Might be no harm to throw one up if yo do.

Also whats the reg?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cbyrne11

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Have you got a pic? Might be no harm to throw one up if yo do.

Also whats the reg?

Don't have one of the actual car but something similar to this, expect with the passenger door hanging off

cbyrne11 wrote: »
    Don't have one of the actual car but something similar to this, expect with the passenger door hanging off

Just so we know what to look out for. Diesel or Petrol, 520 or 530 or other? Reg would be handy just incase they haven't changed it. At least if its damaged thats something to look out for. Hope it turns up.

Just so we know what to look out for. Diesel or Petrol, 520 or 530 or other? Reg would be handy just incase they haven't changed it. At least if its damaged thats something to look out for. Hope it turns up.

520d, don't have the reg to hand but it starts, 06-d-63XXX don't sure of the end will get it later, I imagine it will be found on fire at some stage this week but the bastard got a lot of stuff out of the house before taking the car so hoping to to find it quickly if possible, thought I give this a try!

At least we have something to look out for. I'm based in North Dublin but I'm on the road a good bit, I'll keep an eye out.

• Advertisement

At least we have something to look out for. I'm based in North Dublin but I'm on the road a good bit, I'll keep an eye out.

Thanks, be nice to get it back but not holding out much hope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

Not to be pessimistic mate if it was taken for a joyride you will find it burnt out if it was taken for parts ye wont see it again

Not to be pessimistic mate if it was taken for a joyride you will find it burnt out if it was taken for parts ye wont see it again

Doesn't sound like a straight forward joyride though, they used the car to steal stuff from the house. Could be a little more organised than joyriding thugs.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Perhaps you can clarify, but how is the door hanging off? I doubt heavily that your dad would have been aw to tear the door off, or was it caught off a pillar or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

Doesn't sound like a straight forward joyride though, they used the car to steal stuff from the house. Could be a little more organised than joyriding thugs.
    I agree but it could be their just using it to do over houses and when there finished burn it out or the car was there main target and the other stuff taken from the house was a bonus for them

• Advertisement

I agree but it could be their just using it to do over houses and when there finished burn it out or the car was there main target and the other stuff taken from the house was a bonus for them

burglary was just to get the keys id imagine, op. anything else, money jewellry etc just a bonus.

they dont steal these cars to burn them out, it has probably left the country already. sorry!:(

whereabouts in south dublin, if you dont mind me asking, living in that area myself.

bubblypop wrote: »

burglary was just to get the keys id imagine, op. anything else, money jewellry etc just a bonus.

they dont steal these cars to burn them out, it has probably left the country already. sorry!:(

whereabouts in south dublin, if you dont mind me asking, living in that area myself.

Happened in rathhfarham this morning, say your right they went looking passed up my Audi and my mums Volvo who keys were on display and rooted for his keys that were hidden as he's away at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

Left the country already? You think same day its driven into a container and shipped?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

They would either have it go straight on a boat or they would bring it somewhere to strip and bring the parts away. Probably the latter since the door was damaged. Either way I think it's gone, but there's always a chance.

They would either have it go straight on a boat or they would bring it somewhere to strip and bring the parts away. Probably the latter since the door was damaged. Either way I think it's gone, but there's always a chance.

Say your right, was half expecting to find it down the road far enough for him to get away but thought he'd ditch it since it had a broken door, since it hasn't turned up yet say it's in pieces now. I ****ing hate scumbags, these things are far too easy to get away with!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Vanderbilt

Sorry to hear OP, hope it gets sorted.

As an aside, surely this isn't a targeted or stolen to order car? I wouldn't have thought an eight year old car with a value of less than 15k would be on such scummers shopping lists?

Vanderbilt wrote: »
    Sorry to hear OP, hope it gets sorted.

As an aside, surely this isn't a targeted or stolen to order car? I wouldn't have thought an eight year old car with a value of less than 15k would be on such scummers shopping lists?

6 Years old, yeah you wouldn't think so but I guess the 5 series only changed this year from the model that he had, so he might have just liked the look of it but he did seem to go searching for the keys to it, as there was my Audi A3 (02) keys and my mum's Volvo S40 (09) keys in plain sight but he didn't go near either of them, and pull open all the drawer downstairs in the house until he found the BMW keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

cbyrne11 wrote: »
    6 Years old, yeah you wouldn't think so but I guess the 5 series only changed this year from the model that he had, so he might have just liked the look of it but he did seem to go searching for the keys to it, as there was my Audi A3 (02) keys and my mum's Volvo S40 (09) keys in plain sight but he didn't go near either of them, and pull open all the drawer downstairs in the house until he found the BMW keys.
    It's a fast car more than likely it was used for robbery's and brought to scrap yard that's ran by people known to the people robbing the cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

It's a fast car more than likely it was used for robbery's and brought to scrap yard that's ran by people known to the people robbing the cars

I'd say it's long gone by now.....thread is from 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Old thread lock

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement