Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Off Topic Chat Thread

• 13-09-2011 11:04am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

The forum has a real "Questions and Answers" feel to it, so I was thinking maybe it'd be good to start an off topic thread, and try to get a bit of a community here.

So all kinds of nonsense and chat can go in here. If it proves popular i'll sticky it.

So, I'll kick things off. Did anyone go out last night for Black Monday? Went to Dandelion myself, had a great night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Why is it called black Monday ???

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Little Pea wrote: »
    Why is it called black Monday ???

Havent got a clue. We had this discussion with the taxi driver on the way home last night. He had a very racist suggestion as to why it is called Black Monday, but I really don't think its that

All I know is that it started in UCD - the first day of full lectures, every one skips them all and spends the day in the Student Bar. Now it's spread around Dublin as the first night out of the year,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

I was scared s**tless traveling up yesterday morning. Thought the bus was going to blow off the motorway. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I wish I lived closer to Dublin so I could go out on mondays/Tuesday's/Wednesday's. There's no way I'm paying €60 for a taxi home so I miss all the good student nights. I plan on making friends with someone who lives in town though >.>

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I wish I lived closer to Dublin so I could go out on mondays/Tuesday's/Wednesday's. There's no way I'm paying €60 for a taxi home so I miss all the good student nights. I plan on making friends with someone who lives in town though >.>

Wow! €60 to Graystones :eek: That's outrageous!

• Advertisement

swiftblade wrote: »
    I was scared s**tless traveling up yesterday morning. Thought the bus was going to blow off the motorway. :eek:

Yeah the wind is crazy! I was meeting up with my GF in town yesterday for lunch, we decided to walk down along the boardwalk thing along the liffey afterwards.

Face full of leaves.

Wow! €60 to Graystones :eek: That's outrageous!

Tell me about it! I can sometimes make a deal with the driver but cheapest we've gotten was €45. Sure return on the dart is €8.20 feckin rip off!

The nitelink is grand though only a fiver home :)

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Tell me about it! I can sometimes make a deal with the driver but cheapest we've gotten was €45. Sure return on the dart is €8.20 feckin rip off!

The nitelink is grand though only a fiver home :)

I don't have a Nitelink :( and anyone who I'd be going out with lives no where feckin near me. Taxi is only €12 tho, so isn't too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭terryincork

Awesome, you can delete the post..dont wanna clog this thread up with my noobness! :D

Awesome, you can delete the post..dont wanna clog this thread up with my noobness! :D

You're fine, I've deleted them anyway tho, don't wanna start a trend:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Got a voucher for a free Boojum burrito today. Deadly.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Got a voucher for a free Boojum burrito today. Deadly.

I saw that on Banter Socs FB page actually. Were they just handing them out or did you have to do anything for it?

There was a girl handing them out at the Aungier St. entrance, didn't have to do anything. Hope she's there again tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

I saw that on Banter Socs FB page actually. Were they just handing them out or did you have to do anything for it?

I got one too, just got handed it on my way out of Aungier Street. It's up near Jervis though, I'll have to make my way up there some day.

Edit: She was there yesterday too, so she may well be there tomorrow!

Definitely worth the walk, they're lovely burritos.

Any chance they have veggie ones? *waits to be booed out of the thread for my lifestyle choice* :P

Mo14 wrote: »
    Any chance they have veggie ones? *waits to be booed out of the thread for my lifestyle choice* :P

:eek:

I'm not gonna lie, it's taking restraint not to ban you :D

Yeah, just checked and there's a veggie option (presume you get more a bit more beans/rice etc. and there's free guacamole):

http://www.boojummex.com/menu/dublin/

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭amy1plus2

FAO Pigwidgeon - just on the Greystones thing; Im starting in Mountjoy Square tomoro morning. Would my best option of commute be the Dart to Connolly and walk up? Someone had suggested getting the bus and walking so Im unsure. Thanks for any advice :)

amy1plus2 wrote: »
    FAO Pigwidgeon - just on the Greystones thing; Im starting in Mountjoy Square tomoro morning. Would my best option of commute be the Dart to Connolly and walk up? Someone had suggested getting the bus and walking so Im unsure. Thanks for any advice :)

I'm not sure about Mountjoy Square but I google mapped for Cathal Brugha Street and Connolly was closest, so I'd say that'd be handiest. I'll definitely be going for the dart, much quicker than the bus in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

I was actually tempted to go in to DIT tomorrow to grab a few of those vouchers! Don't want all the freshers taking em up =P

They are gonna have them at socs sign up but it seems so far away though!!

VickBack wrote: »
    I was actually tempted to go in to DIT tomorrow to grab a few of those vouchers! Don't want all the freshers taking em up =P

They are gonna have them at socs sign up but it seems so far away though!!

If you could get some and hide em somewhere in DIT and just tell us about them it'd be great!

Lol I convinced one of my friends who is in there today to grab some... If he can of course =P

I was very disappointed with the lack of free stuff at my induction today :(

Me too! I didn't even see a lady with more burrito vouchers. Disappointing :(

They were only in Aungier Street apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

amy1plus2 wrote: »

I think the 84x to Eden Quay is the handiest, and walk up Malborough St.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Sorry I've not been knocking around these parts lately, crazy busy with inductions etc! Congrats on the modship Rajnah :)

Passed my repeats lads! Woop 3rd year hear I come! So happy!! =D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Voltwad wrote: »
    Sorry I've not been knocking around these parts lately, crazy busy with inductions etc! Congrats on the modship Rajnah :)

I nominated both you guys the powers above , saw it fit that the forum only needed one :-)

Advertisement