Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Urban Exploration, Magdalane Laundry Cork

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 corkys

It is still such an emotion to see these pictures on http://www.abandonedireland.com/Magdalen_Laundry.html

What became these buildings, today, in 2013, after the works of demolition and homebuilding ?
    If some people can post photos, thank you in advance !

I always look for the means to reach the born registers of the orphanage of this place where I was born. Thank you for indicating me tracks to reach there if you were in the same case as me, in search of the truth on your birth …

Thanks to all ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ShaneWalshEire

Should this not be in the Urban Exploration section?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Stellaluna

I don't think there are any current photos of the Sundays Well laundry on the exploration forum. Try this link: http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/gallery/2013/02/18/magdalene-memories/

There are a few recent photographs from what is left of the laundry as well as from a few others around the country.

Thanks very much for this link ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 artstudent22

The Good Shepherd Convent Asylum - Cork
    Built in 1881, the Good Shepherd Convent was the site of an orphanage and a Magdalene laundry until the late 1970s.

Hi I would like to view the Good Shepherd Convent in Sunday Wells in the future and I am just after seeing the both haunting and beautiful images of the Magdalene Laundries you posted back in 2008. I was wondering did you need to get permission to get into the premise to photograph them, if so where does one go to ask? any information you could give will be much appreciated. :)

• Advertisement

What a shock to discover only today this fire of 2012. I was born here, but my past disappeared : I live in France since I was a child and I discovered the truth about my birth lately.

I still look for my Irish father and I know almost nothing about my birth !

How to reach the registers of entrances and births of the Good Shepherd Convent ?

Once more, with this fire, it is a piece of my past which flies away in smoke...

corkys wrote: »
    What a shock to discover only today this fire of 2012. I was born here, but my past disappeared : I live in France since I was a child and I discovered the truth about my birth lately.

I still look for my Irish father and I know almost nothing about my birth !

How to reach the registers of entrances and births of the Good Shepherd Convent ?

Once more, with this fire, it is a piece of my past which flies away in smoke...

I don't know much about this sort of thing but perhaps try this guide:

http://www.magdalenelaundries.com/Research%20Guide%20for%20Relatives%20of%20Magdalene%20Women.pdf

It's on the www.magdalenelaundries.com website which looks like it could be a helpful resource for you.

Stellaluna wrote: »
    I don't know much about this sort of thing but perhaps try this guide : http://www.magdalenelaundries.com/Research%20Guide%20for%20Relatives%20of%20Magdalene%20Women.pdf

Thanks very much for this link ! I reply only today as I didn't receive alert after you wrote this.
    So, even in late !, thanks very much !
    I will look at that closely ! :)

Advertisement