Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Harris Bipod

• 18-09-2014 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I was looking at getting a bipod. Harris do a sling swivel model, is it easy and quick to fit and remove as I don't want it on permanently. Are there any other decent makes that are not as expensive?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Deben.

Non swivel - €55
    Swivel - €70

I've used Harris for years and when Deben launched their version i bought one to try. The quality seems to be the same and the features are identical. I have now chosen Deben every time i wanted a new one as the thoughts of paying between €99 to €129 for the same in Harris didn't sit well with me.

I've heard stories as to why the price difference is so much and one was that Harris had the patent on their design for years and when it ran out other companies immediately started to produce identical ones. Now some brands, while the same design, are not of the same quality, but Deben are a good brand and i'd happily recommend them.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Snipersystems or blackhawke traverse, Half the price and just as good.

I have one of the .243 and the other on the 17, I prefer the traverse because you can rotate and scan a field without moving the bipod, Normal non traverse bipods have to me moved or the creek too when moving them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

oldtart wrote: »
    I was looking at getting a bipod. Harris do a sling swivel model, is it easy and quick to fit and remove as I don't want it on permanently.

Yes, a few seconds. Maybe a few more if you have the sling attached.
    oldtart wrote: »
    Are there any other decent makes that are not as expensive?

Check out Shooter's Ridge bipods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Varmint Shooter

Buy Harris and you'll only need to buy once. The cheaper knock-offs are not as good quality. I have a Harris I bought 20 years ago & it's as good as the day I bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Eo1n8wrd

Harris do a version that attaches to both a sling swivel and a weaver rail. so you can choose whatever mounting option you have on your rifle. either way they take about 20 seconds to attach and remove, you can also attach your sling underneath the bipod.

Within these two categories you have a swivel and non swivel version, which basically means that the swivel one will pivot from side to side keeping the legs on the ground, this version is adjustable for tension I.e how much pressure is required to tilt it from side to side. It is generally a few euro more than the rigid ones but its well worth it.

I think that's what you meant from my reading of your question, and as everyone else said there are several other manufacturers out there making them, shop around and see what you like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fabwing

+ i on the harris bipod easy to put on and remove

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ecr

Harris all the way imo

Advertisement