Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Internet in Clonmel

• 25-11-2013 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,715 ✭✭✭

Whats the best deal of internet for someone going to live in Clonmel for 6 months? I dont want contracts for 12 months.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

I think Magnet are the only crowd who will provide broadband without a 12 month contract - but they aren't cheap.

You can compare them all on bonkers.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,715 ✭✭✭masterboy123

ok thanks.
    Yes magnet looks expensive.

How is the option if i get mobile broadband with 3? It says 12 months contract. Do I have to keep using it for 12 months in Clonmel or can I move to Dublin and continue to use it in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

o2 offer a 6 month mobile broadband midband contract I think.

Just checked it was right. http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/plans/broadband.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭pooch90

Any of the mobile ones are your best option. Most have small limits though.
    You can use it wherever you want but if you're doing a contract instead of pay as you go then remember to change your billing address accordingly.

PS- 3 are the devil and a nightmare to deal with! o2/meteor/vodafone much better.
    Check the phone reception where you're living before you commit to a network though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,715 ✭✭✭masterboy123

thanks everyone.
    Looks like o2 is best available option for me, given they have 6 months contract. Although they are providing only 15 GB a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Hey there,

I'm looking to get the internet for my laptop for the next 8 months only. It's for study and general browsing only. Due to the time constraint I don't want a 12 month contract.

I know 3 have an offer of €22 per month on a 30 day rolling contract (the dongle costs €39).....has anybody tried this?

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisement