Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Solar panel

• 22-05-2012 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

I would like a solar panel fitted to my camper.

Anyone know how much it would cost?

I know the cost would depend on the panel size and all that so I guess what I'm asking is if there are any bargins around on getting a panel fitted or a kit for a bargin price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

I bought one from Maplin Electronics and fitted it myself. They do quite a range.

I hate to say it but I ordered it from their U.K. on-line store, because even with delivery charges it was still cheaper than going to their nearest branch here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭niloc1951

m8 wrote: »
    I would like a solar panel fitted to my camper.

Anyone know how much it would cost?

I know the cost would depend on the panel size and all that so I guess what I'm asking is if there are any bargins around on getting a panel fitted or a kit for a bargin price?

THESE look like fair value and it's an Irish seller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

niloc1951 wrote: »
    THESE look like fair value and it's an Irish seller

Well spotted thats a very good price for monocrystalline you could hardly make it yourself for that money. Add a €20 charge controller from ebay and your away.

Compare that to maplin:
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/80w-solar-panel-kit-97379 £609.99 :eek::confused::mad:

Also these on donedeal but presuamably you'd have to collect:
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/otherhouse/3139866

Anything under 50w is a waste of time really.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Thanks for the info they do look like good prices.

Anyone got any idea what it would cost to get one of these fitted?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

very hard to say without knowing the layout of your mh . Some lads just tack cables any which way , I prefer to spend a while extra hiding them totally , and wiring the controller into the MH charging system properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    very hard to say without knowing the layout of your mh . Some lads just tack cables any which way , I prefer to spend a while extra hiding them totally , and wiring the controller into the MH charging system properly.

I have a Knaus Sun Traveler 600h with the cooker and the sink at the rear if that helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

not familiar with that particular one tbh , some of the Knaus have 12v junction boxes in the presses , some don't .

Advertisement