Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Personally i think people read too much into those 2 last games of Barca.
    Barca could/should have won 4-1 last week against Chelsea.

Everybody expected them to rip Chelsea apart and they did. Just missed the many chances they had.

And well, losing against Real can happen.

I will be taking Barca on with what they need, -1 handicap or -2 AH. Not sure yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Voltwad wrote: »
    What's the craic with the Osasuna game? Any background?

Outside the big two I pretty much rank Osasuna as the toughest place to go in La Liga, their home rank is officially 5th in the league, unbeaten in the last 5 at home winning 3. Actually only lost 3 at home all season so far including victories there over Barcelona in february (3-2) The losses came to Real Madrid, Athletico Madrid, early in the season and Santandar around Christmas I think.

They have beaten the likes of Barca, Bilbao, Levante, Villarreal and gotten good draws against Valencia and Sevilla

They drew the reverse fixture in Malaga 1-1 having led and been pulled back.

Malaga have taken 4 points from their last 4 games, win against Santandar, draw against Real Sociedad and losses to Villarreal and Betis.

Their away form is ranked 11th overall in the league.

Their last 5 away games has seen them score 2 goals, concede 7 and take 4 points on the road. (Their last 10 away games they have lost 5 including losses to Granada, Sporting Gijon and Sociedad)

On their travels the pick up 0.94 pts a game. The last 5 have resulted in 0.80 ppg.

The odds on Osasuna double chance, draw no bet etc and an outright win are very good going off the stats imo and I am all over it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭Alpish

Vaz te to score and westham to win, 7/2

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Bykobap

Barcelona v Real Madrid final

6/4 PP e50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Backing West Ham tonight.... can't see them not winning it. Promotion so close for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

On Vaz Te anytime scorer and Osasuna v Málaga both to score double.
    €5 returns €20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Molde Vs Lillestrom
    Hacken Vs IFK Goteburg Over 2.5

The double @ 2.7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I'll follow ye on Osasuna and West Ham double

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Barcalone v Chelsea
    Correct score 0-0 25/1
    Im very tempted by this but can Chelsea really hold out through a 90min onslaught?

Shane St. wrote: »
    I'll follow ye on Osasuna and West Ham double

Very tempted to go for that one but I've been stung by Malaga too much this season.

Just upped the anti on West Ham :o

• Advertisement

Barcalone v Chelsea
    Correct score 0-0 25/1
    Im very tempted by this but can Chelsea really hold out through a 90min onslaught?

I really don't think they can. Look how many chances Barca created in the 1st leg. Plus the pitch is much wider. Easier to break down harder to defend against

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Barcalone v Chelsea
    Correct score 0-0 25/1
    no

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

If I was to back 0-0 it would be a tiny bet. Like €2 in the hope of winning €50, and then be happy a miracle happened. There is no way I would be confident with a significant stake on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

I really can't see Chelsea getting anything. I expect a fierce Barca backlash from two recent defeats. As a journalist was saying during the week, Chelsea were commended for their tactics in London but was it good tactics for Barca to hit the post twice and have 12 chances...? I reckon Barca will pummel them (and this time score!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Barcalone v Chelsea
    Correct score 0-0 25/1

They already did in 2009 so why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

€10 on the Powerplay

Vaz Te to score and West Ham to win @ 7/2

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

fiver on Andy King anytime (Leicester) 5/1 scored twice in the reverse fixture

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Molde Vs Lillestrom
    Hacken Vs IFK Goteburg Over 2.5

The double @ 2.7
    Two late goals to bring it in.

Happy with that.

They already did in 2009 so why not?

Much better team in 2009. We'll see sure.

gah. was going to take the Beckford wincast at 5's except paddy (or my bank) wouldn't let me deposit to my account :(
    nuts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Thanks for all the replys folks, plenty of food for thought but decided to lump on anyways - as Shane said Diff teams than 2009 (Chelsea were at there peak and Messi's stats are now off the grid), also read a very good preview on the game
    http://www.bettingzone.co.uk/football/betting/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=betting/12/04/23/manual_132923.html&BID=3711

So thanks again to everyone who replied

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Decide to combine two tips posted here in an accumulator:
    Osasuna @ 15/8
    Win-Draw-Win
    Osasuna v Malaga

West Ham @ 11/10
    Win-Draw-Win
    Leicester v West Ham

Over 2.5 Goals @ 11/10
    Over/Under 2.5 Goals
    BK Hacken v IFK Gothenborg

Molde @ 5/6
    Win-Draw-Win
    Molde v Lillestrom

Currently 2 outta 4, with the second half to play in top two

€116.20 return on €5 if the next 45 minutes are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anyone else not able to log into totesport??

manual_man wrote: »
    fiver on Andy King anytime (Leicester) 5/1 scored twice in the reverse fixture

nuts. he went off injured h/t. hate when that happens

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

Tomorrow - Gateshead v Luton
    Gateshead won last 4 at home with no goals conceded and Luton have not won in 7 away.
    Gateshead double chance 8/11

Barcelona should beat Chelsea comfortably
    Barca -1

Keano! wrote: »
    Backing West Ham tonight.... can't see them not winning it. Promotion so close for them

Well they did it, wasted an incredible amount of chances, should have won by about 4 really. But it was nail-biting right up to the final whistle.

Not revealing how much I put on it, but I got them at 2.29 and lets just say I've funded my holiday this Summer. :cool::D I was that confident, but still nearly got my arse biten! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Radonman wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replys folks, plenty of food for thought but decided to lump on anyways - as Shane said Diff teams than 2009 (Chelsea were at there peak and Messi's stats are now off the grid), also read a very good preview on the game
    http://www.bettingzone.co.uk/football/betting/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=betting/12/04/23/manual_132923.html&BID=3711

So thanks again to everyone who replied

this is my main bet this week..

ill be doing same but will wait for the starting lineup

if i see drogba starting i may bottle it as he was chelsea's danger man..hopefully he stays injured

Keano! wrote: »
    Well they did it, wasted an incredible amount of chances, should have won by about 4 really. But it was nail-biting right up to the final whistle.

Not revealing how much I put on it, but I got them at 2.29 and lets just say I've funded my holiday this Summer. :cool::D I was that confident, but still nearly got my arse biten! :o
    bundoran is the new costa del sol apparantely.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Lumped on a double of Barcelona 3 or more goals (evens) & Real Madrid 2 or more goals (4/9).

• Advertisement

madma wrote: »
    this is my main bet this week..

ill be doing same but will wait for the starting lineup

if i see drogba starting i may bottle it as he was chelsea's danger man..hopefully he stays injured
    he did a full training session today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement