Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fight Night Champion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Hands on prew from IGN below:

http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1134132p1.html

Game sounds cracking! Never played any of the other games, not a hug boxing fan but Champion mode just sounds like a great idea. Graphics look unreal all together and it just got an M rating to boot. Debut trailer below.

Fight Night Round 4 is class,pity the roster wasn't as good as Round 3's(although you can download Boxers in FNR4 for a fee of course).If you enjoyed the stand up in EA MMA then Fight Night is very similar except heavier & better excecuted.Just read the preview before I posted this,pity it was on crappy ign.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,468 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya, hate IGN, actually saw it on Kotaku. Ya, pity EA MMA didn't look this good. I never watch boxing just MMA but I spent most of my time in EA MMA boxing anyway! Will be keeping my eye on this anyway! Might even pick up FN 4 cheap around Christmas, get the feel of it (or is 3 better) whatever has the better career mode.

Ya, hate IGN, actually saw it on Kotaku. Ya, pity EA MMA didn't look this good. I never watch boxing just MMA but I spent most of my time in EA MMA boxing anyway! Will be keeping my eye on this anyway! Might even pick up FN 4 cheap around Christmas, get the feel of it (or is 3 better) whatever has the better career mode.

I Barely ever watch boxing but I enjoy Fight Night Round 4 & I recommend it if you can get it cheap.The Career mode in Fight Night is very dull though,i'm hoping they take some of the lessons learned in EA MMA career,but it doesn't have Bas Rutten who is unreal in MMA.Got EA MMA on wednesday i've awful problems defending the Clinch & the takedown but i'm improving.Love playing as Mousasi, Cung Le & Nick Diaz. Hate playing Mayhem Miller & his fecking clinch.

Ya Bas was a definite highlight in that! Career def sounds class in this one. You start in prison doin bare knuckle fights. Your dad is dead, possibly cuz of your next opponent, sounds like a new age rocky movie!

Ya, I remember fighting against Cung Le first time. Expecting the clinch or takedown, he comes out swinging with spinning back kicks, was class. havn't played ea mma since black ops and brotherhood coming out friday so I will be kept busy til christmas. Then I want to pick up Hot Persuit and Fallout. Typical all the good games come out at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

can anyone tell me what that theme tune in the backround is its class:D

• Advertisement

can anyone tell me what that theme tune in the backround is its class:D

It's class alright, sounds like a custom track, very dramatic. Couldn't find it so I said i'd try Gamefaqs as surely it would be on their boards but I only found your post haha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I will pick this up further down the line. It wont be a day one purchase.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

hi EA. can I use buttons please

Jazzy wrote: »
    hi EA. can I use buttons please

I think in ign's preview they said buttons are in.The Stick control is made easier with only flicking in the direction no turning the analogue stick to do a uppercut for example.

It's class alright, sounds like a custom track, very dramatic. Couldn't find it so I said i'd try Gamefaqs as surely it would be on their boards but I only found your post haha :D

Found the original :D but its a remix in the trailer
    here it is

• Advertisement

Demo is out, what ye think?

I never played the series before, got my ass kicked! Seems ok, was expecting to be a bit better but I don't know how this compares to earlier titles in the series. I'd say the camp mode is good tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Played the demo , liked it way more than the previous 2 games plus the demo has online to fight a buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

I really enjoyed the demo, tbh i didn't really like the whole analogue stick control system in round 4 so i'm really pleased you just use the regular buttons in this one also i think the graphics are brilliant even tough there isn't a huge change. Can't wait until it comes out now!

Have to say it's pretty good.

But maybe it's just because you can use the buttons again, i never took to any of them as much as i did the last one on the PS2 that used buttons- Knockout Kings i believe(before switching the name to Fight Night)
    I could never throw a jab or left hook with the analogue.

You can actually feel the difference in the fighting styles between Tyson and Ali, i prefer Tyson, mainly because it's too hard to keep the reach with Ali(although it's pretty cool when you do and your hitting him with your lightening jab) and I prefer by default to just block and bob and weave so Tyson works better for me.

Maybe my opinion is influenced by the fact I've only lost 3 games from well over 15 against 2 of the lads.
    One fight i KO'd him within 30seconds with one knockdown... that's only happened once though.

Some of the finishing punches don't come off too well but I've landed 2/3 good knock-downs and they looked good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Had posted this on the xbox forum but seems to be more activity here.

ust played the demo for a bit last night and I have to say I like it. They've updated things a bit and the graphics seemed great. They've ditched the mini game between rounds for recovery and now it's an auto recovery system based on how well you did in the previous round which I like.

Health bars are gone and all you have now is a stamina bar. The punching has been made easier with no more semi circles etc on the stick and button options are included as well.

The big thing I noticed from my playtime was the styles. They have really captured the style of Tyson, Pacquiao and Ali here and they all play and fight differently. When playing as Pacman He was lethal when lunging in from a small distance and threw combinations very fast. You're also able to punch from behind your guard now.

I had 4 fights, 2 online and 2 against the CPU. I won a fight online and against the CPU by a stoppage due to damage inflicted which you rarely saw in Fight Night 4. At a glance they seem to have gotten a handle on damage and the faces sure do get mangled in the fight.

I'll be picking this up now when it's out as it is more of a progression than I was thinking from Fight Night 4 and with Story Mode added which looks like good craic. Legacy mode is back and doesn't seem to be changed too much other than the addition of sponsorships and events to increase your fame. All in all looks great to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The demo is pretty awesome. I may need to revise my original stance on day one purchase.

i dont know i thought 4 was better, i just cant get used to the game and i was pretty good in FNR4, ducking and weaving doesnt work well, outside fighting is a pain and the counter detection sucks bananas :mad: on top of that its barley a step up from 4 same menus same commentators idk at least the jump from 3-4 was good this just feels like the new fifa to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Did people not find the demo had laggy punching?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

What i didnt like about the demo was how **** theyve made Tyson. I can win with everyone except him, aside from one time i got a flash KO on Ali.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

grizzly wrote: »
    Did people not find the demo had laggy punching?

downloaded the demo yesterday and noticed this when using the analog, also when throwing a punch my fighter would end up throwing 2 or 3. been using the analog stick since fight night round 3 and don't really want to use the buttons, hope they sort it out.

• Advertisement

yeah the stick punching is useless in this :mad: so used of the analog by now as well

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Cant wait for this game to come out...

Loved the demo. Had a blast with my mates last weekend. The looser in a match had to drink 2 shots of tequilla when everyone else drank just one.

Boy, twas a wild night...

We should create one of those online gyms with just members from boards.ie when the game comes out..

Hope the online doesnt suck ( like UFC 2010).

The reviews are starting to come out

Heres IGn

http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1152199p1.html

heres metacritic

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/fight-night-champion

Seems to be a solid game. I am getting it on the release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Being playing the game last few hours so far so good. Like legacy mode seems be lot going on its not as easy this year. Beat haye in my first exhibition fight with wlad lol David actually has higher overall stats then either of the brothers which is crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Looking forward to picking this up on Friday. I finally beat Pacquiao in the demo last night, a headbutt and a 4 uppercut combo and he was gone. Still can't get the KO on Tyson though. :D Anybody know what difficulty level the demo is actually set to?

Being playing the game last few hours so far so good. Like legacy mode seems be lot going on its not as easy this year. Beat haye in my first exhibition fight with wlad lol David actually has higher overall stats then either of the brothers which is crazy.

How did u get the game so early? Are u in america or something?

DarkJager wrote: »
    Looking forward to picking this up on Friday. I finally beat Pacquiao in the demo last night, a headbutt and a 4 uppercut combo and he was gone. Still can't get the KO on Tyson though. :D Anybody know what difficulty level the demo is actually set to?

Personally, i find it very difficult to get knockdowns in the ALi vs Tyson match. However i've managed to knockdown Tyson twice. I usually dance on the outside and keep stabbing tyson with jabs for the first 2 rounds ( mixing it up with body shots). Since Ali has an awesome reach , you can land ur jabs even when u are 2 people apart. On the other hand tyson, has a very low reach and he keeps coming at you. So move away all the time. Finally in the final round, go for it.

Even that way, i have only managaed to get 2 knockdowns (out of the 100s of matches that i played).

I am not sure what the difficulty in the demo is but its pretty realistic and you have to be careful..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

jmx009 wrote: »
    Personally, i find it very difficult to get knockdowns in the ALi vs Tyson match. However i've managed to knockdown Tyson twice. I usually dance on the outside and keep stabbing tyson with jabs for the first 2 rounds ( mixing it up with body shots). Since Ali has an awesome reach , you can land ur jabs even when u are 2 people apart. On the other hand tyson, has a very low reach and he keeps coming at you. So move away all the time. Finally in the final round, go for it.

Even that way, i have only managaed to get 2 knockdowns (out of the 100s of matches that i played).

I am not sure what the difficulty in the demo is but its pretty realistic and you have to be careful..

Yeah I find it the same. Ali Vs Tyson, or Tyson vs Ali I just can't manage to shake them enough to get anywhere near a knockdown. I've given Tyson massive beatings and he still comes back to finish me off with a fluke shot. Flash KO'd him once in about 100+ fights, he kicked my ass in every other one :D

Beating Pacquiao made me so proud though, he's been a little pain the arse up till now :D

• Advertisement

Yea manny was a beast to beat..

Have you ever noticed how quickly bruises and damage start to appear on Cotto's face ? Of all the 4 boxers in the game, Cotto gets the most facial damage. That too in no time....

Advertisement