Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Fair play to you Kash...not sure if I could manage that but they do look like a decent version if I was to go for reusable ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Hubbie finally felt baby kick: 24 weeks! Was so excited :)

He does all the cooking in our house, we do have a cleaner who does an hour a week and he does everything else at moment: I do washing. Normally I do alot more but I can't now! He's pretty amazing at best of times worth his weight in gold :)

I got flowers today for mothers day :)

cyning wrote: »
    Hubbie finally felt baby kick: 24 weeks! Was so excited :)

Yeah for his first kick :) it's a great moment & sounds like you got a good one there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Ooh jealous of the flowers Cyning! I didn't get anything, was kind of expecting something, but I knew it was 50/50 whether I would or not. Don't mind.

Congrats on OH feeling kicks. It's almost more exciting when the OH feels kicks for first time rather than when you do. I felt like he could finally share in it or something.

I got himself a pressie last week just off the cuff as a thanks for all the extra stuff he's been doing around the house. We've been together 11 years and up until a year ago he didn't really do much of anything at all. He did always work slightly longer hours than me so I didn't particularly have an issue, or kept it to myself.

But then we were working through some issues a year ago and he started taking up more jobs around the place off his own bat more or less. Then when I got in the family way he took even more on. But generally he's just been real sweet lately so I got him a boxset of a show he's been talking about getting for ages.

So reward those men ladies, ah sure it's nice to surprise them with an unexpected gift the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

i am so uncomfortable today, everywhere hurts! back pressure, pelvic pain Urgh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I forgot to turn off my alarm last night and I wouldn't mind but I was in a lovely sleep! Typical!

Must be the damp weather or something Java, I woke up sat morn and my back was aching. Was out for dinner with my friend that night and I ended up coming home by midnight coz I couldn't get comfortable.

Himself is back today, can't wait! Been the longest weekend ever for both of us. If I had told him I didn't want him to go on Friday morning, I'd say he would have stayed. Wierd, how pregnancy changes everything! I bet in a years time he'll be dying to get away for a full nights sleep!ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Poor you Kildareash

I waked up with blocked nose and light fever.
    Happily today I can rest and I have only some ironing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Saurelin wrote: »
    Poor you Kildareash

I waked up with blocked nose and light fever.
    Happily today I can rest and I have only some ironing to do.

Oh no, plenty of rest and vitamin C. Hope your feeling better soon. I'm sure the ironing can wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

kildareash wrote: »
    Oh no, plenty of rest and vitamin C. Hope your feeling better soon. I'm sure the ironing can wait!

I wish it could but I don't have any ok looking trousers or shirts for work this week - and we have quite strict dress code.
    But it will take only half an hour

Alice is kicking today like mad, and my hubby is calling her litter kick-boxer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Washing my babygrows and vests for my hospital bag: they are all hanging up on the clothes horse now drying: they are so small and cute :D It's making it feel so real: less than 16 weeks (probably closer to 14 for me) and I'm going to have a baby... a nice healthy baby. And I can stop vomiting every day! And have my life back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

So, hubby is safe and sound in Budapest for the next 4 weeks. I miss him already - the house is very lonely without him. Sometimes living in the middle of nowhere has its disadvantages. At least he has a good internet connection, I don't know what we would do if there was no Skype!

Melody is kicking away, I think we may have a tiny dancer in there. My friends keep asking me to explain what it feels like, but I find it completely indescribable, it's such a unique experience. And the bump is so solid!

I started listening to the GentleBirth CDs in earnest over the weekend, and now that I'm over the inital giggles, I think they will help. I must sound like a right hippy with my hypno-birthing and my cloth nappies :D

Kash wrote: »
    I started listening to the GentleBirth CDs in earnest over the weekend, and now that I'm over the inital giggles, I think they will help. I must sound like a right hippy with my hypno-birthing and my cloth nappies :D

Hi Kash,
    Glad your hubby made it safe & sound...I can imagine how lonely you must feel but Skype is a wonderful invention :) should make it that little bit easier!
    Did you buy the antenatal pack for 70euro (not the vbac one)? I was thinking about giving them a go but was never any good at meditation so not sure if they will work for me :D if they would ease labour I'm happy to join the hippy club ;)

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Hi Kash,
    Glad your hubby made it safe & sound...I can imagine how lonely you must feel but Skype is a wonderful invention :) should make it that little bit easier!
    Did you buy the antenatal pack for 70euro (not the vbac one)? I was thinking about giving them a go but was never any good at meditation so not sure if they will work for me :D if they would ease labour I'm happy to join the hippy club ;)

Thanks TwoMums - we've spent long periods of time apart in the past, and we do cope, but it's not easy. He was stuck in Cairo when all hell broke loose there last year - the worry was intense, but I think if we can get through that, we can get through anything.

It's the one for 69 something: GentleBirth™ Antenatal Program

There's another thread around here somewhere with a good few other Mums who have heartily recommeneded it.

I'm not much good at meditating either, but I've popped the mp3's on my phone and listen to them either first thing in the morning, or last thing at night. I'm also avoiding all birth stories (no 'One Born Every Minute' for me, thank you!) so that the experience will be mine alone. I'm a big believer in the fact that your imagination can make things much better or much, much worse, so I want to help it out in whatever way I can.

Hubby thinks I am a bit mad, but he happily supports me in all my crazyness if it makes me feel better.

so there we are, after our first intimate encounter in a while,
    oh looks down at my round solid belly and proclaims "i just saw your belly move" moves in closer and it moves again "sorry baby!"

I agree with you Kash, a lot of it can be in your head. So if the Gentlebirth stuff is getting someone into the right frame of mind then it's the right thing to do. I really think fear stops a labour progressing at key points & then this leads to interventions.

I've never experienced serious pain before, ie; I've never broken a bone or had a major accident or any serious painful health problems so I have absolutely no idea what my pain threshold is like or how I'll react.

I'm just going to go into it with the certainty that whatever is happening is natural and just follow your body's instincts and urges I guess (& listen to my midwife :D).

Also it's good to know that most women go through that crazy transitional stage right before baby is about to make an entrance where they are like "ok, not doing this, changed my mind, can't do it!". I'm hoping I'll be with it enough to recognise what is happening and just push (!) on through.

Kash wrote: »

Thanks TwoMums - we've spent long periods of time apart in the past, and we do cope, but it's not easy. He was stuck in Cairo when all hell broke loose there last year - the worry was intense, but I think if we can get through that, we can get through

Oh that must have been really scary! I was a tourist there many years ago when they blew up the bus outside the museum & that was scary enough so I can only imagine how terrifying it was last year!

I saw the other thread...knew nothing about hypnobirthing prior to it :) We have seen a few "one borns" but I tend not to watch them either. To be honest it's more so my partner doesn't end up fainting when our time comes ;) she will be no good to me if she ends up on the floor :rolleyes: but I agree that your mind can certainly make things worse & probably better :)

Mink, I've had broken and dislocated bones, a lumbar puncture AND I suffer from someone pleas kill me now migraines, by far the worst pain I've ever experienced. So I'm pretty damn sure of exactly where my pain threshold is.

I think I'll manage I will manage - especially as I know the pain is not constant, but is more cyclical. I'd love to do it drug free, but if it all gets too much, there is always an epidural - it is a lady's perogative to change her mind, right? :P

TwoMums, it was HORRIBLE! Lines of communication went down one by one, eventually I was left watching Al-Jazheera news and having them report that rioting and shooting had moved into the Maadi region, which was where hubby was staying. It was a really tense few days. Some Egyptians he worked with were shot, and one of his house mates was hit in the face by a thrown rock. He said the airport was like a giant rugby scrum, with poeple crushing and trampling women and children in their bid to get to the front of the lines.

The Gentle Birth stuff has tracks for partners too, so it might be perfect for yours, especially if she is really nervous. You can giggle at them together :)

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    We have seen a few "one borns" but I tend not to watch them either. To be honest it's more so my partner doesn't end up fainting when our time comes ;) she will be no good to me if she ends up on the floor :rolleyes: but I agree that your mind can certainly make things worse & probably better :)

I probably shouldn't be watching them either, in fact my midwife said to me it's best not too. And really she's right as it is dramatised to make for good telly. As I've said before the show does tend to show the real drama births or unusual births and you don't see all the "run of the mill" ones. It's nowhere near as bad as the American One born!

But I love watching the wee babies finally getting born and seeing the family together for first time, always chokes me up.

Kash that must have been truly horrible...now that I'm pregnant I worry about my partner driving to work :rolleyes: Thankfully he made it out ok & Budapest must seem pretty safe compared to that!
    She is just a bit queasy...she is working on toughening up :D but will prob get those disks & have a go anyway :)
    Sounds like your pain threshold is pretty decent...I've had 1st-3rd degree burns down my leg...there was A LOT of swearing :D An epidural is def on my list if needed...I'm not someone who needs it to be a natural birth...if she decides to come out via c-section so be it...safe & sound are my priorities :)
    Fingers crossed, I haven't had a single migraine since being pregnant (touching wood madly)!

Mink wrote: »
    I probably shouldn't be watching them either, in fact my midwife said to me it's best not too. And really she's right as it is dramatised to make for good telly. As I've said before the show does tend to show the real drama births or unusual births and you don't see all the "run of the mill" ones. It's nowhere near as bad as the American One born!

But I love watching the wee babies finally getting born and seeing the family together for first time, always chokes me up.

Of course plain ole simple births don't make good telly...worst part for me was that super chirpy midwife...we were looking at each other saying she would drive us mental :D
    Def not watching the American one...my friend was telling me about it & I'm having none of it :)
    I'm amazed they get so many people to agree to it...no camera crew would ever be filming me giving birth!

• Advertisement

Yeah the chirpy midwife was a bit scary. I actually would walk out of the hospital if she was assigned to me.

Going for my big scan tomorrow and hopefully find out the sex. Anyone know what to expect? Do they also do your urine & bloods again?

Also OH put his ear up against the bump yesterday and heard definite noises, I don't know what but watery bubbly noises. I realised that this is one thing he can enjoy that I can't as I can't exactly reach head down there, so it's nice for him to have that "direct line".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

I am in pain today...any of you`s have bad cramps in you thigh/butt area?

theg81der wrote: »

I get sharp pains in my left bum from time to time. It tends to be if I lie on my back and eases off after a few painful steps. I think it's sciata (spelling?) - doesn't quite sound like your pain though!

I have sciatica too, usually a sharp pain in my butt cheek that goes away after a few seconds of hobbling around. Hubby has suffered with it for years and tells me that it can get really bad, and that the pain can go from high up in the butt right down to the calf. But not cramps!

I do have mild cramps in my abdomen, sometimes low down and sometimes around my belly buttom, but only when I change position. I assume its the round ligaments.

I know Mink...couldn't cope with her at the best of times but esp not in labour!
    If its the first scan you have had in awhile then I suspect they will do bloods/urine. My urine is done at every appointment! The consultant will prob check size of head, abdominal size, length of legs etc to make sure they are all growing in proportion. Depending on the consultant they may explain what they are at or just zip through it themselves!
    If you want to know the sex mention it at the beginning...if you don't ask they won't tell you :)
    My partner has been listening to my belly for ages & before she could feel kicks she could hear the baby whooshing around in there...it is a nice aspect that's just for them :) now she normally gets kicked when she puts her head on my bump :D

javagal wrote: »
    so there we are, after our first intimate encounter in a while,
    oh looks down at my round solid belly and proclaims "i just saw your belly move" moves in closer and it moves again "sorry baby!"

Javagal, it seems they like the uterine contractions that come with intimacy so it gets them moving but it's nothing to worry about albeit a little off putting :)

theg81der wrote: »

I am dying with butt, thigh and back pain today. I was fine over weekend but literally within 1/2hr of being in office chair I feel like crying!

Bringing car in tomorrow as can't face all the walking involved in getting to rotunda for scan. Going to bring in various cushions and see if can get anything to work.

I know I can't do this for another 4 mths especially as I get heavier each week.

Arse pain is a pain in the arse!
    i suffer with it everyday!
    only thing that helps it is going for a walk as painful as it is and then putting up my feet,
    today is the first day in ages i have cooked , usually i love cooking but have lost all interest!
    chicken and mushroom pie and cabbage nom

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Yeah I get pain down around where the top of my thigh meets my abdomen. Only some days, I find going for a walk helps because it seems to stretch the muscles a bit a ease the pain.

Also I am getting pain in the middle of my back around my ribs, driving me insane....

Also I was looking at prams and buggies today on the internet and I am now totally confused!!!
    We are buying 2nd hand as we just can't afford new and I have no idea what to buy. Looking at getting a second hand travel system but then read that baby shouldn't spend too long in the car seat! How long do they need to be flat for until travelling in the car seat becomes ok?

• Advertisement

Having them in the car seat for a short walk or quick zip around the shops is fine & that's the benefit of a travel system...if you are just popping out you don't need to move the baby from one part to another! We talked to a woman who said on a 3hr journey you should take the baby out and let them have a little stretch at about the halfway mark :)
    The buggy search is a nightmare...if you can find the one or two you want & then try search it out online :) you can get many second hand as mums have second children or just didn't get on with the buggy...there are plenty of pramaholics out there that just keep buying new pram systems!

Advertisement