Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hellfire War Games (Carlow)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

Ratsquad wrote: »
    fair play to ye , i bet yer dying to get out ehh?
    plenty of painkillers and ddep heat.

yeah, ill be takin it very easy though

frank, can you pm me directions please, havin trouble finding it with the co-ords, thanks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 hunter12

Hi Frank
    Are you sure about the GPS Co ordinates it directs me to a house back garden

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭GoTac

From dublin:

Take m9/n9 to Gowran, exit left and take R702 to Borris, go through Borris and follow R702 heading for kiltealy (it's a left turn about 1.5k out of the town) follow R702 until you come to ballymurphy, as you aproach ballymurphy there is a turn to the left (R703) follow this road for aprox 4k and watch out for the gotactical banner.

Hope this helps,
    I'll measure the distances from borris tomorrow and see if it's possible to put out some visual markers to help as well.

Thanks, Peter

Try these co-ordinates
    52.34.13N
    6.53.30W

If you see a farm yard with two round dirt tracks next to it your in the right place

Thanks, Peter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Peter not sure about these Cords either

jeawan wrote: »
    Peter not sure about these Cords either

Are you putting them in to a sat nav or google earth ? What do you see on google earth

GoTac wrote: »
    Are you putting them in to a sat nav or google earth ? What do you see on google earth

both google maps give me nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭GoTac II

Sorry for the confusion guys, here is a link to Google Maps for the site

It's at the end of the road marked with an "A" on the map, where the big green arrow is pointing to.

http://tinyurl.com/HellfireCarlow

*Note* Big green arrow is for illustration purposes only and is not present in the real world

:D

GoTac II wrote: »

It's at the end of the road marked with an "A" on the map, where the big green arrow is pointing to.

*Note* Big green arrow is for illustration purposes only and is not present in the real world

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

GoTac II wrote: »

that looks like borris country quads. is it the same place?

3102derek wrote: »

Same place alright.

If you have ever wanted to patrol up a river armed to the teeth, we have the perfect spot for you, myself and Frank have just finished clearing the river and it's epic. About 3 foot deep in places and about a kilometre in length, it has two small water falls (something like what's in the add for the defence forces when they where in east temor) so if you want to get wet don't forget the spare clothes for the trip home

3102derek wrote: »

that be the place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭OddysAirsoft

Roughly how long of a drive is that from Dublin.....It looks to be closer to Wexford than Carlow. paddy want the Rats to all meet near Mondello at 9 am but i reckon there is at least another hours worth of driving after that..am I right or wrong Pete?

it seems a straight run from the m7/m9 down to gowran and across then

It's about an hour and 15mins to bagnelstown at least and looking at the map there is a fir drive on secondary roads to the site. I reckon another 20 mins at least. So if we meet up at 9 at mondello its gonna bring us nearer to an 11am arrival which is to late! I think our meet up time needs to be reviewed lads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Ratsquad

FRUoddy wrote: »
    It's about an hour and 15mins to bagnelstown at least and looking at the map there is a fir drive on secondary roads to the site. I reckon another 20 mins at least. So if we meet up at 9 at mondello its gonna bring us nearer to an 11am arrival which is to late! I think our meet up time needs to be reviewed lads ;)
    ye rekon ye could be right ..08:30??????????????

I reckon 8.20 and leave for 8.30 shud be about right Paddy my man :D

Need to get there early cause I need to set up for some serious videoing on Sunday :D

I may not of seen it but what time are the games starting at or what time we have to be on site at ?, ill be driving down N11 then cutting across to the site.

My self and frank will be on site from about 8.30am, if players could aim to arrive on site between 9am and 10am, we hope to leave the check in area by 10.30am with first shots by 11am. just remember (its a long walk to the game area if your late. On sunday we can play till about 7pm or later depending on how [EMAIL="F*@&ed"]F*@&ed[/EMAIL] you all all, its a very large site.... we will ask for 30mins of your time after play to discuss your views and suggestions about the site.

• Advertisement

whats the travelling time from the beginning of the m9 lads?

Not sure both myself and frank travel down the N11 and come in that way.

ah rite

Looking forward to this lads shout be a fun day who ya reckon fall in the water first then ?

That would be me, cant keep me out of it (if a sheep pissed in a field id find it):D

FRUoddy wrote: »
    Ok I think we need a different name for the new site. Hellfire Carlow sucks and gonna play havoc with my videos

Any ideas?
    deco nate wrote: »
    tactical airsoft wars carlow,now wots my prize???:D
    Ratsquad wrote: »
    Stealth Airsoft carlow

Velocity airsoft war games

New Site Name

Hellfire War Games (Spec Ops)

Temp direction signs in place, keep an eye out for a black arrow on A4 with hellfire war games on top. Please note the speed limit is 25kph when you come off the main road.

BB's will be available on site.

Big thanks to all who came out today, grate day, any feed back welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Ratsquad

have to say the site was brill with a lot of scope to do as you would loike to make a great site with long range games or short base camp defense games.
    some absolutly brill natural features river is a great advantage for flanking not too deep even for me as i found out:rolleyes:, its also very clear to see where yer going.
    some nice wooded areas which bottleneck into an ideal ambush zone.
    which unfortunatly for attackers/patrol is difficult to divert from under fire.

would need a few more marshals to keep the games rolling as we found out on the reverse game. but i know the lads have that in hand.
    would suggest more cover for attackers at both base camps .
    all in all i had a brill day even with a poor turnout from my team.

the facilities where spot hot and cold drinks on hand hot food and snacks
    which was much appreciated, toilet and wash
    facilities were good.

indoor benches and a good loadout area was a good idea. although would suggest making a definitive area for safe zone and chronoing.

was a pleasure to play with TNT and against some very honest players
    that dont take themselves too seriously and know how to enjoy a game of airsoft.

was a bit difficult to find but worth it.
    cheers
    paddy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement