Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boardscast - 29th June 2008

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

DesF wrote: »
    I actually think we'd struggle to do an hour.

if it was an edited programme you could do an hour

combining different podcasts and providing as a full 1 hour programme and seperatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Great as usual! Nice to hear your voice again Bardynumnum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

faceman wrote: »
    You'd be surprised, id too would love to hear you go the hour. It would take more planning obviously but there is enough traffic on the site each week to give juicy material? Plus if you have guest attendees regularly that will add to it. :)

No... not 'more planning'

Just planning in general might work. You don't think I started recording this with a plan to do an impression of Dudess do you? The magic of the moment just takes me.

I do have some interesting ideas for things I'd like to do on future ones... but I like to keep the secret so as to get nice good live reactions from the others.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

No... not 'more planning'

Just planning in general might work. You don't think I started recording this with a plan to do an impression of Dudess do you? The magic of the moment just takes me.

Thats what i mean. If you have topics or threads noted to speak about (as a prompt as such) and let it be a guide. Or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

faceman wrote: »
    Thats what i mean. If you have topics or threads noted to speak about (as a prompt as such) and let it be a guide. Or something like that.

Wouldn't that be how they do it already? (I hope) :confused:

• Advertisement

We usually chat for about half an hour beforehand... browse boards a little bit and pick stuff out.

tbh is good at this... but it probably is an area that needs more work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭coolcon

Maybe if you had prominent people from various forums (not all of them obviously) who would act like informants and tell you what's going down in their forum each week. You could even call them (or skype them) so it's like 'we've got whoever on the line'.... "Talk to Joe!" :D It would fill the gaps between the banter anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Gordon wrote: »
    Great as usual! Nice to hear your voice again Bardynumnum. :)

Eh?

Um.. thanks :)

Believe me, I'd have used that voice of mine a fair bit more and my brain would have spewed more interesting stuff if I wasn't still suffering somewhat from the night before.

It seems I become a bit of a vampire from the after-affects of alcohol. I'm sure I'm not alone there ;) Not only was my brain operating in permanent 3rd gear but I showed up at the studio in shades and a hoody ffs ... hiding from the sun big-time.

Next time I'll be better prepared... Next time I'll kick arse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

coolcon wrote: »
    Maybe if you had prominent people from various forums (not all of them obviously) who would act like informants and tell you what's going down in their forum each week. You could even call them (or skype them) so it's like 'we've got whoever on the line'.... "Talk to Joe!" :D It would fill the gaps between the banter anyway.

Good idea about having a couple of 'snitches' floating about the board. Some of the stuff I come across while the place is dead is serious LOL material.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Good idea about having a couple of 'snitches' floating about the board. Some of the stuff I come across while the place is dead is serious LOL material.

^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    Snitch #1 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

listened to it last night and coming home from work this morning.nice one guys

Xavi6 wrote: »

Okay... anyone wanting to be a snitch drop me a PM and we'll work something out.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Brilliant, don't have a bog what 6th said in half of it, Dudess impression is classic..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Ginnyjo: He was ripping the p!ss outta me and alan ford.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

GinnyJo wrote: »
    Brilliant, don't have a bog what 6th said in half of it, Dudess impression is classic..:D

I dont know either!

GinnyJo wrote: »
    Wilburt wrote: »
    Ginnyjo: He was ripping the p!ss outta me and alan ford.

And Waterford people! :mad:

Saying we're like Wexfordians etc.
    6th wrote: »
    I dont know either!

You know exactly what you said :D

Yeah 6th you bastid! Next time say it to my face and see what happens :pac:

i will cry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Wilburt wrote: »
    Yeah 6th you bastid! Next time say it to my face and see what happens :pac:

i will cry

he will you know. He'll try to hide it but you'll see the shoulders shaking.

edit: DAMNIT! keep hitting edit instead of quote, sorry will.

What do you guys want? An apology?!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I dont know either!
    I guessed that...:D

• Advertisement

What do you guys want? An apology?!

I think a dignified apology in the next podcast would be appropriate :D

Well he won't be in the next podcast...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I am not Karoma. :( **** sake.

'Side from that; nice one. Kept me going in the airport this afternoon for a while.

5 stars guys

Most downloads ever today.

podcast_downloads_daily-3.png

Explicite = Popular. FACT

I'll get one of my nipples out for the next one.

Grand. Video podcast for the next one then, monkeyfudge? :p

No need. My nipple has a comedy voice and can chat away as well.

No need. My nipple has a comedy voice and can chat away as well.

You know you're now contractually bound to do this now. Even if it has the same voice as Dudess.

• Advertisement

Hmm... a different female moderator impersonated every week with the voice provided by one of monkeyfudge's nipples?

I can see that working, yeah... :)

Advertisement