Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Six Feet Under

• 30-12-2010 5:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭

Has to be the best series (and series ending) ever in my opinion. Just finished a total rewatch this week and feel at a loss without it. Anyone else watch it? I know the first season or two was on RTE but I got the boxsets.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

In the middle of watching this on Sky Atlantic, I never watched it when it was originally on. Im only a few episodes in but find it very hard to get into. I started watching Big Love, The Sopranos and Boardwalk Empire at the same time and they are much more captivating. Still not a bad show, and Ill watch a full season before I give it my judgement but so far I dont find it brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stresshead

@Celtise - I wholeheartedly agree! Never before has a T.V. show affected me to such an extent....production, writing, performances, etc...IMHO, this show has it all...finale is not to be missed!

@Dman - All I can say is: Give it a chance...I doubt you will regret doing so...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

RTE showed the first four series back to back a few years ago now, and then it disappeared:(. Channel4 were showing it at the same time, but were a bit ahead, so would have missed some if started to watch it then on Channel4. Delighted to see it on Sky Atlantic, but will have to keep an eye out for series 5 to start, as don't want to watch the first four series all over again. I'd say I'll be waiting a while though....

• Moderators Posts: 51,702 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

only TV show I ever watched that I never missed an episode. Watched it when it was broadcast on channel 4 and E4.

Bought the collection eventually. Such an excellent show. And as already mentioned, such a sublime ending to the show.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I must agree.

The show is easily in my top 5 of all time.

As funny as it sounds, it played a part in my giving up smoking two years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Half way through Season 2 at the moment. Still pretty "Meh". It picked up at the end of Season 1/Beginning of Season 2, with the Gabriel storyline. But starting to go downhill again. And Brenda is the most annoying Character ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Watched this as a box set and its my second fav to Sopranos.

The finale haunted me for weeks after and it was by far a better finale to Sopranos

I loved it!

dolliemix wrote: »
    Watched this as a box set and its my second fav to Sopranos.

The finale haunted me for weeks after and it was by far a better finale to Sopranos

I loved it!

The finale i reckon is one of the best ever. I cried for about 15 minutes after.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭GodlessInfidel

An incredible show althought it did take me a couple of episodes to get into it. Right up there with The Sopranos and Mad Men IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Just finished the finale of this

dawson-crying.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭irateghost

A great show i must have watched the whole thing a couple of times, such great preformances from every one the fourth season was a little draggy but it picked up again nicley for an ingenious ending ) David threatening the croner guys is totally my favourite moment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 AdmiralRazor

My only criticism of the finale was the sequence with Claire driving to New York.

It looked like the most clichéd of car adverts.

My only criticism of the finale was the sequence with Claire driving to New York.

It looked like the most clichéd of car adverts.

Each to his own, but man the tears were streaming down my face, i found it that moving and emotional.

Looking like a car advert. I think not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 AdmiralRazor

Well, it *was* nice to see Brenda get a happy ending - she was my favourite character.

Claire was a close second!

Hi, I watched Six feet Under on RTE a few years back. Saw it up until the end of the series in which Nate's wife goes missing. It disappeared off of RTE then:(. Can anyone tell me is that the end of the 3rd or 4th series, please?? I'm getting impatient waiting to catch up with it on Sky Atlantic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

That's season 3. You sure you saw the end though? Because
    Lisa died

Mindkiller wrote: »
    That's season 3. You sure you saw the end though? Because
    Lisa died

Hi, thanks:). Thought I had seen the end of that season. Can remember Nate's wife going missing, near the sea. Remember he was out looking for her, but didn't see a conclusion to that storyline. It's a few years ago now, could have that wrong. Then it just disappeared off RTE, they seem to have a habit of taking things off the air:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

completely overlooked this series when it was on RTE2/C4. My sister loved it and got all the boxsets and gave them to me when she went to Oz a couple of years ago. OMG, how hooked can you get on a show - I sometimes had weekend marathon sessions watching 5 or 6 episodes in a row - Loved it - would put it up there in my top 5 all time favourites - a true gem!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bought the box set of this a while back and finished it recently.
    What a show, probably the best TV show I've ever watched. Some really dark, sad moments but also some hilarious scenes (especially the characters daydreams) throughout every series.
    It's been said already but the ending is unbelievable, that's closure!
    I do not cry but even I got a lump in throat after watching it.

Just a fantastic show.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Sorry to dig this up but I just had to get this off my chest. I started watching this when Sky Atlantic kicked off. Never thought much of it but watched it to pass time etc..... Then it hooked me in and I just last night watched the Finale.The TV turned off just after it and I sat in the room in the pitch black just stunned. Never in my life have I seen such a wonderful ending to a fantastic show. I wanted for nothing and to be completely honest, felt a little touched. Amazing work and an amazing way for it to end! :)

• Advertisement

MugMugs wrote: »
    Sorry to dig this up but I just had to get this off my chest. I started watching this when Sky Atlantic kicked off. Never thought much of it but watched it to pass time etc..... Then it hooked me in and I just last night watched the Finale.The TV turned off just after it and I sat in the room in the pitch black just stunned. Never in my life have I seen such a wonderful ending to a fantastic show. I wanted for nothing and to be completely honest, felt a little touched. Amazing work and an amazing way for it to end! :)

Totally agree with you there. Really don't know how I expected it to end, but I was completely blown away by it. By far the best ending to anything I've ever watched....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Just started watching this show.... I'd been looking for a new series for a while.. Started watching Dexter, which I thought would be right up my alley, but it annoyed me so much after the first two episodes that I had to just forget about it.. But this is just wonderful.. Amazingly original, with a sheful of interesting and entertaining...
    Well, it *was* nice to see Brenda get a happy ending - she was my favourite character. Claire was a close second!

I absolutely HATE Brenda!!!! Self indulgent, aloof, passive aggressive, petty, childish, irritable ... kind of reminds me of myself a little.. :D ...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I absolutely HATE Brenda!!!! Self indulgent, aloof, passive aggressive, petty, childish, irritable ... kind of reminds me of myself a little.. :D ...

Wasn't really a fan myself really.

I think you just grow to accept her though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Just finished this on the recommendation of a friend who hyped up the ending. And it didnt disappoint, brilliant show with the best finale I have ever seen.

Advertisement