Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Thread

• 21-07-2011 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

http://ie.tv.ign.com/articles/118/1183201p1.html
    This afternoon, with yours truly present, CM Punk crashed the the joint Mattel/WWE panel – WWE: Past, Present and Future – at San Diego Comic-Con, featuring WWE superstars Triple H, Rey Mysterio and the legendary Bret Hart.

Punk announced himself via bullhorn and then, with WWE Title in hand, took to the designated question-asking mic and began to awesomely speechify! Punk took exception to the fact that they were trying to crown a new champ on RAW and then challenged Rey, or anyone else who wanted to be champ, to head out to Chicago to take him on.

Punk then also asked Triple H and RAW writer Brain Gewirtz why Zack Ryder wasn't on TV. Triple H, in what seemed to be a part of a storyline, told Punk that things had changed on RAW and that there was a new regime. He told Punk to give him a call. Punk responded by telling Hunter that he was sure Stephanie had his number

More on the story, plus video from the event as it develops…

It keeps going!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

LOL at him saying Steph has his number, I doubt too many at Comic Con would get this,he should of waited until the Summer Slam media work. We may get Triple H vs Punk soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

GTR63 wrote: »
    LOL at him saying Steph has his number, I doubt too many at Comic Con would get this,he should of waited until the Summer Slam media work. We may get Triple H vs Punk soon enough.
    Anyone at the panel would be fans and media who wanted to be there, it's one of those separate audience things. They only pair up the panels because Mattel is their to promote majority WWE figurines and merch. Think theres a Q+A as well. Tbh I think it was a perfect time to do it, AND theres another two signings for him to crash. :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

if you find a video of it, please post :)

I don't think that panel is recorded, I wouldn't be suprised if they were relying on fans to upload loads of different videos themselves.

Will update if I find one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Worst
    Angle
    Ever

God I love CM Punk. Hopefully one of those hundreds of cell phones has the entire thing. Couldn't make out punk in that vid but sounds like it was a lot of fun. Wrestling is such a strange mistress :p

Better Q vid. whoever shot it was following Punk in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Pretty cool,knew something along the lines of this would happen when Punk said on Twitter he was in San Diego.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

AWESOME. Haha, Punk is brilliant. This whole angle is brilliant.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

jaykhunter wrote: »

Better Q vid. whoever shot it was following Punk in

Punk couldent know his audience any better, he got a bigger pop in that video than most modern wrestlers get at any point of their careers then add in the Steph dig and the Ryder comment and it was truely job done. Not only that but he exited then leaving the crowd wanting more. It's especially great to see because its so obvious how much fun Punk is having while creating the best angle PW has seen for so so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Pentecost

This is likely going to pop up on TV soon, the higher quality footage no doubt that just happens to be available. Looking forward to how this develops over the weeks, "Corporate HHH" pushing things on no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

It's one of the best angle's in a long time. Been a while since WWE had the fans guessing. CM Punk is quality, nice to see him pushing for Zack Ryder as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

This thing just gets better and better. Punk is a god!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I must say Punk has singlehandedly reignited my interest in PW.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Anyone else think that ryders name being used is just away of further getting over with the fans that were there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

CMpunked wrote: »
    Anyone else think that ryders name being used is just away of further getting over with the fans that were there?

Cheap pop for sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

I don’t really think so, they were both on colt cabanas podcast this week, well cm punk made a brief cameo on it, but I got the impression from it that he genuinely wants Ryder to do well and that he deserves to be on telly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd say its a mix of that and the fact Punk's gimmick is basically turning into "I'm the guy who knows what the fans want", and Ryder is obviously one of those things. It makes sense for his character to call HHH out over Ryder getting on TV (and in fact, it would make sense if on Raw this week, HHH gives Ryder a chance to show how HHH differs from Vince).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sliotor wrote: »
    I don’t really think so, they were both on colt cabanas podcast this week, well cm punk made a brief cameo on it, but I got the impression from it that he genuinely wants Ryder to do well and that he deserves to be on telly.

sliotor is on the ball.

Punk likes people who are in wrestling for the right reasons and love it for the game so to speak.

Ryder's da chasing Luke Gallows around with pots and pans. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I don't think CM Punk needs to name drop Ryder to get a bunch of nerdy types to cheer for him tbh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I think a few of them pissed themselves when he walked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I think a few of them pissed themselves when he walked in.

Imagine their reaction if a women had walked in..:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

rovert wrote: »
    Worst
    Angle
    Ever

u bein sarcastic?
    if not then theres no point u watchin wrestling

partyndbs wrote: »
    u bein sarcastic?

He is being sarcastic, sarcasm does not translate well into written form though.

partyndbs wrote: »
    u bein sarcastic?
    He is being sarcastic, sarcasm does not translate well into written form though.

Either of you for real?

Next time Ill reference something less obscure than the Simpsons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yes I think it was a Comic Book Guy/Comic Con joke. Edit: posted that before I saw the explanation!

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    Either of you for real?

Next time Ill reference something less obscure than the Simpsons.

tbh i knew what you were referencing but assumed it was sarcasm aswell like I said sarcasm doesent translate itself well in written form. Considering it's one of the best angles in years i dont think its that much of a leap for me to believe that your CBG reference was also tongue in cheek.

anywhoo... Punks great :D

Advertisement