Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,073 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Cinema has finally gotten its Bayonetta:

Everyone here has to go and see this when it hits the cinema in May. It truly is the most remarkable sugar rush of a film I've ever experienced. A masterpiece of brute force.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Sounds like Pokemon yellow. Regular gameboy game but enhancements for the GBC
    Nintendo, y u no make actual new editions to reoccuring series'?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Goodness me, eBay is nerd crack when it comes to retro gaming...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    Nintendo, y u no make actual new editions to reoccuring series'?

More a case of
    "NINTENDO, Y U FCUKING NOT MAKE POKEMON RED/BLUE/YELLOW SKYRIM STYLE!!!!!"
    /kicks nintendo repeatedly in balls

Seriously. If they did this Id by everything.......repeatedly.....and the consoles.......repeatedly.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Goodness me, eBay is nerd crack when it comes to retro gaming...

And adverts is like a dirty used syringe

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »

But still used by junkies cause they need that hit

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

I'm new to this retro collecting business, but I quickly realised that Adverts.ie is populated by 90% deluded people.

Is it worth buying a SNES/Mega Drive with a 50/60hz switch pre-installed? Probably about 30 euro more for it - rip off or good value?

What does that make done deal?

What does that make done deal?

tin-foil from a dairy milk under the UV lights in bus-aras toilets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm new to this retro collecting business, but I quickly realised that Adverts.ie is populated by 90% deluded people.

Is it worth buying a SNES/Mega Drive with a 50/60hz switch pre-installed? Probably about 30 euro more for it - rip off or good value?

I charge about €25 for the mod, so it's reasonable enough

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Hurray! The conversion is complete and luas_Dublin is no more!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Dr Bob wrote: »

luas_Dublin is dead

Long live luas_Dublin

Subscriber eh? The Sex & Sexuality forum awaits :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,073 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sex & sexuality forum disappeared quite some time ago for 'redevelopment'. I think I took one curious look in and never went back.

Sex & sexuality forum disappeared quite some time ago for 'redevelopment'. I think I took one curious look in and never went back.

Yet you knew it was gone? Hmm :D Still there by the way, or at least, its back

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm finding Adverts very addictive at the mo..
    Trawling, looking for goodies, all the time!
    The arranging sneaky rendezvous' to collect the stuff.
    Definitely a grubby pursuit,
    into people houses as they sell off the family silver for the price of a crate of Dutch Gold...

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    into people houses as they sell off the family silver for the price of a crate of Dutch Gold...

You bought the crt in Old Bawn I take it? :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm never going to get used to the Dr Bob thing, you'll always be Luas_Dublin to me...

We'll have to get someone to write an Obit for him....

EnterNow wrote: »
    You bought the crt in Old Bawn I take it? :p

No, too far over...
    Getting a Philips from Tyrellstown instead.
    I already have a beautiful trinitron, don't want to make it jealous!

I'm almost finished the AV mod on our resident alcho's Famicom. Wiring is done, just have to drill three holes for the rca jacks.

City Connection? Could you not have given me Mario 3 or something to test it with? :D

• Advertisement

I'm never going to get used to the Dr Bob thing, you'll always be Luas_Dublin to me...

We'll have to get someone to write an Obit for him....
    Nah... this is actually my original username from years ago , I used to post over on p45.net (an old rival site to boards that died a death last year)as well as here and on a load of other gaming boards, online games , everything.
    When I went to start posting here again back in a few years ago I couldnt remember the password , and the email address I'd used for reference was long gone, so I used a placeholder name , luas_dublin for a week or two until I remembered it.
    ..and five years later , one quick sub and a name change and its back;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'm almost finished the AV mod on our resident alcho's Famicom. Wiring is done, just have to drill three holes for the rca jacks.

And attach a beer can holder or something similar I'd imagine. :pac:

The "search alert" to email option , plus having a smart phone is essential though.
    You need to get there quick for some of the good stuff!

I'm more a bookie office and car park sort of adverts user.

The "search alert" to email option , plus having a smart phone is essential though.
    You need to get there quick for some of the good stuff!

A smartphone that is neither an iPhone or on the 3 network. Many a time I've missed on some very reasonably priced goodies only to be foiled by my connection.
    'not a single notice from adverts today must a slow day. Must check to see if any of those auctions are nearly finished.'
    Checks phone and is bombarded with notifications. Some examples-
    -Sorry you did not win this item you lost out by 50p on a Megaman X which usually goes for mad prices.
    -Amazing NES listing on adverts fully boxed and pucks loads of class games for dirt cheap like.(checks ad) 20000 next in lines on it already!

Damn you apple and 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Anyone got any alternative sources(other than deal extreme) for the lcd screen used in the Nomad screen mod? I cant wait on them any longer :(

This is the one I need:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/3-5-lcd-rear-view-tv-dvd-mp4-dual-input-video-monitor-with-dashboard-stand-pal-ntsc-20415

I've found this on ebay but the resolution is different so its not the same one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200625697103?item=200625697103&pt=Car_Audio_Video&cmd=ViewItem&hash=item2eb639314f&vxp=mtr

Steve SI wrote: »
    Anyone got any alternative sources(other than deal extreme) for the lcd screen used in the Nomad screen mod? I cant wait on them any longer :(

This is the one I need:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/3-5-lcd-rear-view-tv-dvd-mp4-dual-input-video-monitor-with-dashboard-stand-pal-ntsc-20415

I've found this on ebay but the resolution is different so its not the same one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200625697103?item=200625697103&pt=Car_Audio_Video&cmd=ViewItem&hash=item2eb639314f&vxp=mtr

Have they provided any tracking details etc to you yet, or has it even been posted? I've not heard of the screen being sold anywhere else...but that ebay one looks identical. Email them & ask them if its the same, they could have misprinted the specs

Have they provided any tracking details etc to you yet, or has it even been posted? I've not heard of the screen being sold anywhere else...but that ebay one looks identical. Email them & ask them if its the same, they could have misprinted the specs

The first screen was apparently posted and never arrived. The second hasn't shipped yet even though it says its in stock.

I've contacted the seller on ebay to see if the stated resolution is wrong. It does look very like that deal extreme screen.

Steve SI wrote: »
    The first screen was apparently posted and never arrived. The second hasn't shipped yet even though it says its in stock.

I've contacted the seller on ebay to see if the stated resolution is wrong. It does look very like that deal extreme screen.

It seems some ebay sellers lie about details of the screen - http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?11052-Sega-Noman-modding

• Advertisement

It seems some ebay sellers lie about details of the screen - http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?11052-Sega-Noman-modding

Hmm, maybe I'd better wait and see if deal extreme can sort me out. At least we know that screen is good and works well with the mod.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement