Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

8ft UK pool table

• 19-09-2014 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

New account so don't mention any sellers/contacts etc I can research that myself.

I'm going to buy a pool table for my garage. It's a well built cavity brick building, fitted window, well sealed door, slate roof, it has the boiler in there too. Not much in the way of insulation but it's never that cold in there, below room temperature in cold spells but with a few bodies in there and a blast of an electric heater it warms up quickly. It's always dry, no condensation. Length is no problem and width is 166" so I'm thinking of an 8ft table. It's short of the recommended 168 inches with a 57" cue.

Looking for opinions. I have an idea myself of the answers but interested in hearing opinions.

I intend to invest in a good table, are the conditions as described above good enough to keep the table in top condition? Both in terms of overall condition of the table and also in terms of day to day play. Will it play well off the cushion etc? How long does a table need to get "warmed up"? I intend to protect it when not in use with a heavy duty weatherproof protector and I can go out and warm up the garage periodically during cold spells if it's not being used.

On an 8 foot UK pool table should I go with a speed cloth or a napped cloth? Is it a case of how long is a piece of string? My personal preference is for a quick table.

With having 166" in width should I go with a 7ft table or is an 8ft table ok with a slightly smaller cue? My preference is for a bigger table. Also is there a go-to 8ft table brand or should I stick with a Supreme?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jynx NO 10

Pub tables are 7ft,so its rare to find an 8ft pool table.tables need to be kept at room temperature all the time,as the slate and cloth absorb any moisture in room.
    Speedball cloth is mainly used on american pool,harder to control cue ball,but much faster,if you go to play on pub table,tournament,etc,you wont be use to the standard cloth.Supreme are the only makers of 8ft UK pool.
    Hope this helps.

Advertisement