Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help! Laptop capable of running CAD and Adobe Creative Suite

• 29-07-2014 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey all,

I need to get myself a new laptop for college but don't even know what to begin looking for, here's where you come in;

I don't have a huge budget for this I'm hoping to get something pretty decent for about €600 or less if I'm lucky.
    I mainly need the laptop for running SolidWorks/CAD programmes and the Adobe Creative Suite which I know can be quite demanding on a PC.

I am just wondering what kind of a make and spec I should be looking at and if anyone can recommend a laptop capable of running the programmes I'll be using?

It should also be noted I previously had a Dell laptop and it was the devil - constantly breaking and crashing on me, so I would like to steer clear of them.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Advertisement