Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extending phone power line ?

• 03-03-2012 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi guys, not sure that this is the correct place for this question, but it is phone related so please bear with me,
    I need to extend the power cord on a digital phone in order to reach the nearest power socket, would anyone know if this is possible and what type of line i would use to achieve it, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I know running a longer phone line to the base unit would be the ideal solution but for now thats not an option.
    many thanks,

apophis :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

apophis wrote: »
    Hi guys, not sure that this is the correct place for this question, but it is phone related so please bear with me,
    I need to extend the power cord on a digital phone in order to reach the nearest power socket, would anyone know if this is possible and what type of line i would use to achieve it, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I know running a longer phone line to the base unit would be the ideal solution but for now thats not an option.
    many thanks,

If you want to extend the power cord, use something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-Pin-Mains-Extension-Lead/dp/B0000934FA

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭apophis

thanks EarthlyPangaea :rolleyes:, very useful, but i need it to be as discreet as the original cord to run it round a doorway,

nice thought though, :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

How handy are you with a wire-cutter? You could cut the current wire and splice in some small gauge two-core (assuming it's DC).

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭apophis

Hi Donny5, yes its DC, i know i could handle the wiring no problem, where would i get something like that, needs to be compact to suit my situation.
    thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

apophis wrote: »
    Hi Donny5, yes its DC, i know i could handle the wiring no problem, where would i get something like that, needs to be compact to suit my situation.
    thanks,

Try Maplin they should have what you need

• Advertisement
Advertisement