Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shannon Airport Parking?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Moycullen1

I have not been in the Shannon business park but if you look at google street view there do not appear to be any parking control signs. Is there any reason why someone couldn't drop their bags and family at the terminal and park there. Some of the spaces have small signs corresponding to certain factories or business' but there appears to be a lot of free parking there. Its only about 2k to the terminal building which is only about a 10 or 12 minute jog which is well worth the hassle considering the 2 weeks for the price of 1 promotion has ended. Does anyone know if cars can be clamped or towed.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

There's a car in the multistory which has been parked there for at least three years. I reckon you could leave a car there for ages and no one would notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

MarkR wrote: »
    There's a car in the multistory which has been parked there for at least three years. I reckon you could leave a car there for ages and no one would notice.

They notice, but dont do anything about it!
    With the barriers up for so long during the day, not much they can do except clamp, which they don't do.
    I know that car you are on about, it actually moved a few spaces over a few months ago!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

phill106 wrote: »
    With the barriers up for so long during the day, not much they can do except clamp, which they don't do.
    I know that car you are on about, it actually moved a few spaces over a few months ago!

I did spot that. Wasn't sure was I imagining it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ceo

Has anyone tried the Park Smart crowd? The offer with them is €30 for the week..
    I would like to know if others have tried this service - they also do shuttle to and from airport or you can have them collect and drop off your car at airport.
    I am not too sure about the 2nd option. I would feel better knowing I locked up my car for the week and had the keys with me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

phill106 wrote: »

Ssshhhhhhh!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Moycullen1 wrote: »
    I have not been in the Shannon business park but if you look at google street view there do not appear to be any parking control signs. Is there any reason why someone couldn't drop their bags and family at the terminal and park there. Some of the spaces have small signs corresponding to certain factories or business' but there appears to be a lot of free parking there. Its only about 2k to the terminal building which is only about a 10 or 12 minute jog which is well worth the hassle considering the 2 weeks for the price of 1 promotion has ended. Does anyone know if cars can be clamped or towed.

Used to do exactly that, no problems whatsoever.
    Since it's half empty and derelict, no one cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

Personally would not park in the Industrial estate as there are night time activities that happen there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

golden8 wrote: »
    Personally would not park in the Industrial estate as there are night time activities that happen there.

Anything fun?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

ceo wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Park Smart crowd? The offer with them is €30 for the week..
    I would like to know if others have tried this service - they also do shuttle to and from airport or you can have them collect and drop off your car at airport.
    I am not too sure about the 2nd option. I would feel better knowing I locked up my car for the week and had the keys with me.

I used them last May and found them to be a great service. The people were also very friendly dropped me and collected me from the airport. I will defiantly use them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭lennyloulou

any new recommendations for parking in Shannon.... 49e for 1 week in Feb......am totally shocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I used park smart at dublin airport before and it was a great service, flying to berlin from shannon in April and ill use them then too

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭mrskinner

Any updates on car parking in Shannon Airport?

I see Ryanair now offer parking near the ind. estate.

There seems to be a long-term parking near the departures building? They want to hold on to your keys????????? No way Jose!

The main carpark in front of the airport is €9 per day......are they for real in the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭highlydebased

No idea what the Ryanair one is-they must have a deal with someone

park4less or whatever it's called is 5 or 6 a day if booked on advance. Definitely don't have to leave keys. The regular long term is naturally dearer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I parked at the Pay4Less car park last week, it was spot on, nice and cheap and close to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭mrskinner

Thanks. Looks like park4less is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lomoland

Anyone used this crowd www.airportparkingShannon.com ? €5 per day with free shuttle bus. 4 mins from airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭TruthEnforcer

Looks like someone trying to drum up business for ParkVia .. same depot ..but you can't pay online .. you have to submit an enquiry ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭dennyk

lomoland wrote: »
    Anyone used this crowd www.airportparkingShannon.com ? €5 per day with free shuttle bus. 4 mins from airport.

Probably not worth the trouble; the Park4Less lot at the airport is only €6 a day, and gets cheaper per day for stays of a few days or more (e.g. a week is €30, two weeks is €50). It's only a 5-10 minute walk to the terminal, no bus needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Triponin69

park4less tends to be the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 lomoland

I used the Park via, and was very happy with the prompt service and standard of security. Cars are stored in a locked compound with high walls. Mike is very helpful and promptly responds to emails and calls. He will then drop you to departures, and collect you. Highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Deagol

lomoland wrote: »
    I used the Park via, and was very happy with the prompt service and standard of security. Cars are stored in a locked compound with high walls. Mike is very helpful and promptly responds to emails and calls. He will then drop you to departures, and collect you. Highly recommend.

So now we know your real name, hi Mike!

Advertisement