Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pig out spots in New York

• 28-09-2014 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey I am going to NY in December for a few days with the other half. We are both being really good food wise now and plan to pig out American style whilst in NY.
    Just wondering are there and pig out joints that may be worth a visit, anything from pancakes for breakfast to full on all you can eat pulled pork sandwiches, im talking Man V. Food kind of thing.
    Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks folks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

http://www.bluesmoke.com

Unbelievable food, the brisket is savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

I agree, Blue Smoke is amazing, also Hill Country BBQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    I agree, Blue Smoke is amazing, also Hill Country BBQ.

I just said to the missus next time we go to NY I'm eating in blue smoke every day..

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

for lunch, Little Eatily food emporium.
    Magnificent pasta, coffee, wine and ice cream.

Its a food market which makes lots on site and restaurants on site.
    We still talk about it.

Beside the famous triangular building, forget name, on junc of 42nd st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

eataly.com/nyc

spelled it wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Great pancakes here. I've been to both of them a couple of times and the chocolate pancakes are amazing. You wont leave hungry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Keens steakhouse, famous for there mutton chop.
    No airs and graces and you get a fine feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Peter Lugers in Brooklyn is supposedly good but I've never eaten there. I'd def recommend Umami Burger, had it in LA and its amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Katz deli on Houston st. Best sandwich ever! I wouldn't go to NY and not have a pastrami sandwich there. Amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Lucy B

Great minds think alike. It's my dream to go to New York. I know loads of people who have been and all they rave about is the shopping, my eyes glaze over, alli would be raving about is the food. I plan on losing a stone through sheer starvation before I go and gain it all back and some when I'm there!!!! God bless the Americans and their large portion sizes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

If you end up near the Chelsea Market check out Los Tacos No 1. I dream about the Adobada tacos. Heaven.

Advertisement