Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deals & Voucher Codes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Bambaata wrote: »
    Wiggle - 10% for 24hrs EXT10-SHO

Was that an extra 10% off shoes? How did I miss that? :eek: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

10% off everything with start fitness for UK BH WE using this code: AYSCX143070

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

Great out doors (in store) in dublin have a sale on, salmon running shoes all have around 30 to 40 e off! not bad at all still lots left as of yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/high5-marathon-race-day-and-recovery-pack/

More gels and drinks than you can shake a stick at... all for less than 6 euro delivered. Today only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

EC1000 wrote: »
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/high5-marathon-race-day-and-recovery-pack/. More gels and drinks than you can shake a stick at... all for less than 6 euro delivered. Today only.

I just bought this. What a deal! 2 x Iso Gel Plus, 12 x EnergyGel Plus, 1 x EnergySource, 2 x EnergySource 4:1, 1 x Energy Bar, 3 x Zero sachets for €6!!!!

For €6 I can get three gels in my local shop!

• Advertisement

I just bought this. What a deal! 2 x Iso Gel Plus, 12 x EnergyGel Plus, 1 x EnergySource, 2 x EnergySource 4:1, 1 x Energy Bar, 3 x Zero sachets for €6!!!!

For €6 I can get three gels in my local shop!

I know! I bought three packets just in case it was a mistake and they took the offer down!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

thats cool but wonder the about the date of stuff, they say its like september or something!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

EC1000 wrote: »
    I know! I bought three packets just in case it was a mistake and they took the offer down!

Same as.

Whitehawk wrote: »
    thats cool but wonder the about the date of stuff, they say its like september or something!

Best Before I would say, so should be ok for a couple of months afterwards, use your own judgement on taste and smell. Would I use something past it's best before date on race day after 16 weeks training - NO!

Bought a few boxes that arrived today - only the 2 isogels were BB Sept, rest were Dec and beyond, some stuff in there good until 2013!

• Advertisement

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Bought a few boxes that arrived today - only the 2 isogels were BB Sept, rest were Dec and beyond, some stuff in there good until 2013!

Same here. A mountain of gels and drinks arrived today - cant believe the value. Its mainly best before December so definitely fine for DCM which was the plan when buying.

Weirdly, I had to discard one or two gels from two of the boxes as they were completely stuck to the box with some form of glue which was used in the packing.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

15% off Road ID purchases. Use the code 'pcBACKTOSCHOOL'. Offer good through Sept. 30th.

Looks a bit heavy but free nonetheless:
    Road Safety Authority Ireland
    Don't forget to order your free high vis vest from our Facebook tab! Each of our fans can order up to 2 vests for free! Be safe, be seen!

https://www.facebook.com/RSAIreland?sk=app_155828374498549

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Puma Faas 300's are currently 55 euro in TkMaxx Stephens Green. They'd a decent selection of sizes this afternoon when I was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

Lifestyle by the Omniplex in Galway. The upstairs (bargain section) has loads of GT2150's, Nimbus, Virage, Kayano 17 all good value. Loads of sizes for men & women. I paid €50 for a pair of 2150. I had a pair of 2160's on me & I'd swear the only difference is the colour

Sandwell wrote: »
    Puma Faas 300's are currently 55 euro in TkMaxx Stephens Green. They'd a decent selection of sizes this afternoon when I was in.

hmmm you didn't noticed if they had wimmens ones did you? :)

Step away from the thread

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Step away from the thread

I'm asking for a friend. :D

I'm asking for a friend. :D

Step 1 is admitting you have a problem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭PaulieC

didn't take long for the pumas to find their to the bargain bins

• Advertisement

Off topic, but, how do you find the 300's? If I'm going to get a pair I'd rather have the 250's...

They are very light, but the upper feels quite flimsy and lets your foot slide around a bit. I find that when I land, my toes push right up and over the edge of the sole. I'd use the for up to 5/6 miles. Funnily enough, the 200/250s look like they have a more robust upper.
    On the plus side, they are certainly not boring and I've hard loads of 'nice runners' type comments. They're not for retiring types :-)

Sorry, I didn't think of looking. The colours they had available were very much unisex though.

Yeah, I was quite surprised at that because ironically enough I'd just bought a pair of 300s in the Elverys sale for €60. Elverys are obviously giving the Faas range a big push. They had them prominently on dispay in the window (Suffolk St) and had a area of shelving dedicated to them in the running section. For that reason I wasn't expecting to see them in TKMaxx. Buying in Elverys cost me an extra fiver but I got the colour I wanted, a slightly more discreet black and blue, as well as a free pair of socks. Tried them out last night and absolutely love them.

Sandwell wrote: »
    Sorry, I didn't think of looking. The colours they had available were very much unisex though.

Thanks popped in today they had green ones and blue ones. Decided against it as the soles seemed a bit to rigid for my liking and I was trying to save money. An hour later I had a pair of road-x 155 in my posession which were twice the price...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭ger664

Was in lifestyle today and Asics Kayano 17 reduced to €115.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

I spotted technical t-shirts on sale for €3 in Pennys yesterday & couldn't stop myself buying one, looks to be fine. This was in the branch on Patrick St in Cork so not sure if it's everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PaddlingShark

Was in JJB in Dundalk yesterday, Nike Lunarglide 3's for €56. Great deal, also the Lunarglide 2's are there for the same money. Sale on nike 2 in 1 and tempo shorts too, €12.50!

• Advertisement

Was in JJB in Dundalk yesterday, Nike Lunarglide 3's for €56. Great deal, also the Lunarglide 2's are there for the same money. Sale on nike 2 in 1 and tempo shorts too, €12.50!

Great prices there. The new Lunarglides are 100-105 in most places

Advertisement