Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Streets of Galway 8k 2016

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭pudgeydev

Good race, managed a PB, that wind was great for the last 2.5k home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

The so called 'afters party' in Monroe's was a misnomer. Almost no reference to the run ,travelled alone and felt there was nothing there for me. Didn't feel like an 'Afters Party'.

Spirogyra wrote: »
    The so called 'afters party' in Monroe's was a misnomer. Almost no reference to the run ,travelled alone and felt there was nothing there for me. Didn't feel like an 'Afters Party'.
    just realized it was upstairs? Didn't know😢

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Spirogyra wrote: »
    just realized it was upstairs? Didn't know😢

Ah you missed a brilliant night, probably the best night of the year. Parry games with spot prizes for everyone. Brilliant music till the early hours. .. Plenty of free booze for race participants and enough food to satisfy any hunger. ...

Ahhh only joking, I didn't go either :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Great race, a PB for me! Got right up to the front with big dawgs for the start, mighty atmosphere. That tail wind at the was fcuking great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

Anybody got a URL link to the results? Or something that doesn't involve faexbokz!

Great event as always. Have ran it a few times now over the years. I know the course from the start to the cathedral, and the then the salthill finish, but those couple of km's in the middle seem to induce a mental block of knowing where you are!. It was the first time ever to have a tail wind home along the salthill, which was nice.

The organisation by GCH was excellent as usual, and the prompt reaction of the medical response to two incidents was first class.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

results here

Organisation top class as always bar the occasional disco dancers up front :D

Not the first time having a tail wind at the end, but it was fairly blowing this year :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Windywanderer

Well done to everyone that took part in the race on Saturday. Conditions were not ideal, but it adds to the excitement of the race!

Great to hear of so many PB's for lots of people. We will try to organise a good wind for next year again.

Spiro, sorry to hear about that. It's something we will work on for next year.

There are lots of pictures on the FB page from the race, there are a few videos on FB too of the race.

It take a lot of effort and commitment by many people to put on a city centre race with 3000 entrants, so it is good to be recognised.

See ye all again next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

martyboy48 wrote: »
    results here

Organisation top class as always bar the occasional disco dancers up front :D

Not the first time having a tail wind at the end, but it was fairly blowing this year :D:D

Have to agree with Marty, the number of people that were lined up at the front at the start and had no business been up that far was crazy. Not sure what (if anything) the organisers can do about it as I heard repeated announcements to line up according to your expected finishing time. (And yes given my time this year I probably should have started a row or two back :))

Very well run race well done GCH

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Hello All,

Is there anywhere I could get the full list of entries for 2016 & 2017?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

You won't be able to get a full list of entries. You'll get the finishers either on the gch website or by looking back through the red tag timing website.

Was thinking of doing this again. Shame about hotel prices, wasn't happy with Corrib Village. But I suppose there's always Air BnB

Advertisement