Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Park and Ride Loughrea

• 04-07-2016 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys,

I'm new to the area and was wondering if there is any Park and Ride in Loughrea for commuting to Galway city. I know there are regular buses, is there also free parking?

Google searches bring up dead links from Parkopedia and there doesn't seem to be too much else about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

You could try the Abbey carpark... there is a sign up saying its for use of the Church facilities only but I don't know how well it is enforced.

Also along Station Road by the mart is free. For a more secure alternative you could park in O'Deas carpark, I think it's €2/3 per day and there's a barrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,265 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

You could park in the Cathedral car park, you're not really supposed to but there's always a few cars there and I doubt most of the owners are in the church praying!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

You could park in the Cathedral car park, you're not really supposed to but there's always a few cars there and I doubt most of the owners are in the church praying!

Park there whenever i head into Loughrea
    Left it overnight too
    No hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 16,265 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

km79 wrote: »
    Park there whenever i head into Loughrea
    Left it overnight too
    No hassle

Yeah the gates are always left open, use it myself as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

There's the public parking space out just past the the tennis court , along the lakeside, which is free parking I think?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

Healys bus stop at a range of locations in Loughrea. So that might give you more options for parking.

They also serve the University and the UHG Hospital and stop at a number of place on their way into Galway.

http://www.healybus.com/routes/loughrea-galway-daily

Might be worth checking out

Advertisement