Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Monitor 1920 x 1080 to match Laptop

• 30-07-2015 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking to buy a monitor for my laptop to use as a second screen - laptop res is 1920 x 1080, its got HDMI & VGA output.
    Using in the main for work 3D mechanical. I've plugged in a 19" 1280x1024 screen but the res is crap compared to the laptop screen.
    Budget €150-€200.
    Any recommendations appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Try dell u2414. Very good ips screen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

I say head to Currys or PCWorld and just go browsing. They have a decent selection and you can see what you are getting. Most are below €200 euro.

What you need to know beforehand... try reading this. Literally just googled and skimmed it but it seems decent. IPS is pretty great, using a HP model myself. It isn't the "best" for gaming but for day to day use it has been serving me well.
    http://www.cnet.com/uk/topics/monitors/buying-guide/

Advertisement