Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dials for MK5 Golf GTI - Round or notched insert

• 09-03-2015 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping somebody here can help. I'm trying to figure out which dials I need to buy for my GTI as i'm importing to the UK.

The selection is here but i've narrowed it down to this variant as its speed conversion 190mph matches what y current KPH dial shows. A bonus is that it shows both units.

There is a mention of there being two types of centre holes, notched and completely round.

Would I be safe in assuming that my car is notched. I've had a look and couldn't see.

Any ideas greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jwhat

I think the GTI should show both already as it's from the UK, so I don't know why you would want to change?

• Registered Users Posts: 80,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

jwhat wrote: »
    I think the GTI should show both already as it's from the UK, so I don't know why you would want to change?

He is exporting his Irish GTI to the UK and as the Irish GTI's have KMH only it will need to have MPH in either MPH only or MPH and KPH in order to be road legal in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

Atlantic Dawn is correct.

That is exactly what I want to do.

Advertisement