Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Sligo

• 11-12-2012 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Seems Parcel motel is now installed in Sligo at 24hr service station Pearse Road. Hopefully will be up and running for use in next couple of days as time getting short for xmas deliveries :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

I thought it will be Topaz?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Seems Parcel motel is now installed in Sligo at 24hr service station Pearse Road. Hopefully will be up and running for use in next couple of days as time getting short for xmas deliveries :eek:

Now that will be handy.
    Cheers op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Excuse my ignorance, what's the parcel motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Yes it's round the back of the 24hr station seems to be lit up and working,but does any one know is it taking deliveries yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance, what's the parcel motel?

If you ain't gonna be in your house for whatever reason, and don't want parcel post provider sending delivery back to either the sender or HQ, you purchase a postal address/box at the Parcel Motel and they deliver it there. You collect it there.

I guess its the parcel equivelant of a PO Box?

Is there any service yet available that will allow Amazon to deliver to ROI via a base in NI.?

I think there was talk of one being set up in Enniskillen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

Kettleson wrote: »
    Is there any service yet available that will allow Amazon to deliver to ROI via a base in NI.?

That's exactly what parcelmotel will allow you to do

check out https://www.parcelmotel.com/how-it-works/faqs/

for anyone interested It's up and running and taking deliveries now :D

I've placed two orders with uk websites both with free delivery to the parcelmotel newtownabbey address but who wanted to charge a premium for Irish delivery.

saved myself 30euro in the process :D

great new in one way but not for the credit card on the other hand

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

if they re looking for a uk credit card .. use the first few lines of your address that is attached to the credit card then use the postcode of the parcel motel in the UK.. this worked for me using Dell outlet UK

I was trying to buy something from ebay and it didnt work - bacause it was limited only to UK(Excludes: Channel Islands, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Northern Ireland) and the address of parcel motel is in NI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭johnire

loki7777 wrote: »
    I was trying to buy something from ebay and it didnt work - bacause it was limited only to UK(Excludes: Channel Islands, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Scilly Isles, Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Northern Ireland) and the address of parcel motel is in NI.

I was under the impression that with EBay you can only get goods delivered to the address that you are registered with? I thought it had something to do with the way EBay and PayPal are linked. Am I wrong??

I think you can add second address with paypal

heres a thread could answer most questions in relation to PM

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056698663&page=141

From a Sligo perspective I can confirm all up and running. First parcel ordered from Amazon.co.uk on Thursday evening last (delivery via Newtownabbey) and received text this morning (Tuesday) to give me my pin to collect from Sligo. Collected it this evening when it suited me. Great Service :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Is this still going?

Is this still going?

Xmas delivery details on this link

https://www.parcelmotel.com/how-it-works/christmas-delivery-schedule/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Thanks very much! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭rocky raccoon

Someone told me that using Parcelmotel will avoid the duty on goods from USA, is this correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Someone told me that using Parcelmotel will avoid the duty on goods from USA, is this correct?

No. If there is customs due they will refuse the package.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davebirl

I've been using it since before Xmas. Its flipping deadly I tells ya! I've bought more stuff I never knew I needed in the last 2 months lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

It's handy for free UK shipping, bought an item that was 20 quid shipping to Ireland but free UK delivery, so got it sent to the parcel motel up north and shipped to Sligo for €3.50, bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭johnire

I used it for the first time yesterday. Wow....it's so handy. Fantastic concept!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Has anyone had trouble ordering due to using the PM address, instead of the one registered with your credit card - really frustrated, didn't think it'd be a problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

try too put billing address same as parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

devil-80 wrote: »
    try too put billing address same as parcel motel.

I did...

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

ok i think sometimes there is a problem like that for ex i couldn't buy something because when i've paid my irish card it always put this address for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 caseyjones01

I used it last week and it is a fantastic service. I used my address in sligo for billing but put the postcode from newtown abbey on it too and it worked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Has anyone had trouble ordering due to using the PM address, instead of the one registered with your credit card - really frustrated, didn't think it'd be a problem!

If you're on a site that offers a PayPal option you can use the Parcel Motel address as your billing address and then pay with PayPal which will have your real billing address. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭rocky raccoon

Collected my first delivery in Parcelmotel yesterday. I ordered something on ebay last week and got the text from Parcelmotel yesterday telling me my package had arrived, no hassle. As it was free delivery to UK my package only cost me €3.50 to deliver v's the £20stg the ebay seller wanted to charge for delivery to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

I just cannot believe they are moving away from the town centre at pearse road which is well established, and out to the bundoran road away from town.
    As {a former}--regular customer I wont be travelling out there.
    Good while it lasted but there seems to be trouble coming down the line--probably brexit done it no good.

Advertisement