Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2010 - WWE releases Bryan Danielson (Zombie bump)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

One thing is guaranteed out of all of this. Raw's ratings will be up. At least for tomorrow night anyway.

Because last weeks angle was good more so than this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Forgive me for being so ignorant here but I didn't see Raw and have been searching YouTube for a clip of this. Has anyone managed to find a clip of this?

I haven't watched Raw in a while cos of the illogical time Sky Sports play it on a Thursday night the last few weeks... maybe months, but that's another topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

There are a few clips in the raw thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Pretty much agree with what Vince is saying, except I'm still leaning towards it being a work with it not being announced on the corporate site yet. The whole "winds of change" thing raises some suspicions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Work of Pillman proportions

Its the best work since gimmick on April Fools Day anyway!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    Pretty much agree with what Vince is saying, except I'm still leaning towards it being a work with it not being announced on the corporate site yet. The whole "winds of change" thing raises some suspicions too.

As I said before how many releases are put on that site? Mickey, Shelton, Knox were not listed on it. The only one was Carlito.

Give it up lads he is gone. :o

Win

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Forgive me for being so ignorant here but I didn't see Raw and have been searching YouTube for a clip of this. Has anyone managed to find a clip of this?

I uploaded the final 15 minutes of RAW onto the FB website i mod ( http://www.facebook.com/piledriverwrestlingnet ) click on the link and go to videos. And join if u like! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm sorry but no offence to Barrett or the other Nxt rookies from Season 1 but without Bryan this invasion angle is pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

"Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    An update on Daniel Bryan's firing
    :
    it was due to pressure from an outside source following Monday night's angle. The choking with the tie and spitting in John Cena's face were the two main sticking points, and Vince McMahon is said to have had no choice. It is almost a guarantee that this is not a work, since that would mean WWE had lied to everyone with any power in WWE. They have all been told that Daniel Bryan is gone for real.

It seems very clear that Bryan is being used as a scapegoat. It also appears to me that someone from the outside (not WWE management) was the one who threw a fit and WWE had no choice but to fire him for now.
    To recap, here are the key bullet points:
    The Justin Roberts spot was deemed too violent and it led to the firing, in a call made by Vince, but forced upon him by an "outside force who is important"
    Complaints came in very quickly.
    The decision was explained to the merchandise and marketing people, PR team, company doctor before it was announced that it was a legit firing.
    The person who complained was someone from the "outside, important to the company"
    Danielson is being called a "scapegoat"
    No timetable has been given, but he was said to be left with the impression that he would be welcomed back at a later time once things pass over.
    Danielson is now looking for indy dates.
    Danielson has a 90 day no-compete clause.
    With respect to the possibility of Vince working his own employees, he's definitely capable of it, and a much more "insane" situation is currently going on with a much bigger name than Danielson in WWE right now.
    Sources in WWE believe they will lose him to TNA, Once source said they just "made a TNA main eventer"

Probably seems like the most plausible reason.
    http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2010/0613/529088/index.shtml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

it was due to pressure from an outside source following Monday night's angle. The choking with the tie and spitting in John Cena's face were the two main sticking points, and Vince McMahon is said to have had no choice. It is almost a guarantee that this is not a work, since that would mean WWE had lied to everyone with any power in WWE. They have all been told that Daniel Bryan is gone for real.
    It seems very clear that Bryan is being used as a scapegoat. It also appears to me that someone from the outside (not WWE management) was the one who threw a fit and WWE had no choice but to fire him for now.
    To recap, here are the key bullet points:
    The Justin Roberts spot was deemed too violent and it led to the firing, in a call made by Vince, but forced upon him by an "outside force who is important"
    Complaints came in very quickly.
    The decision was explained to the merchandise and marketing people, PR team, company doctor before it was announced that it was a legit firing.
    The person who complained was someone from the "outside, important to the company"
    Danielson is being called a "scapegoat"
    No timetable has been given, but he was said to be left with the impression that he would be welcomed back at a later time once things pass over.
    Danielson is now looking for indy dates.
    Danielson has a 90 day no-compete clause.
    With respect to the possibility of Vince working his own employees, he's definitely capable of it, and a much more "insane" situation is currently going on with a much bigger name than Danielson in WWE right now.
    Sources in WWE believe they will lose him to TNA, Once source said they just "made a TNA main eventer"Probably seems like the most plausible reason.

As I expected, He could work this angle on the indies for a while(similar to Matt and ROH during the Lita/Edge storyline) come back on full momentum.

The second part worries me, who else pissed off the outsider(most likely a main eventer):confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I hope he goes back to the WWE, if even 3-6 months down the line. I think his comeback would be huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but no offence to Barrett or the other Nxt rookies from Season 1 but without Bryan this invasion angle is pointless

Why pointless? The angle can just go on. It will be missing Dragon, but apart from internet fans and a very small portion of casual fans I cannot see too many people noticing, much less caring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

gimmick wrote: »
    Why pointless? The angle can just go on. It will be missing Dragon, but apart from internet fans and a very small portion of casual fans I cannot see too many people noticing, much less caring.

I agree with this actually. This wasn't so much a "Danielson" angle, it was a "NXT rookies" angle. He was just on of a bunch of guys that invaded the other night to the casual observer.

Where they probably will lose out is when they have to have an in ring blow off to the angle, when Danielson would have been useful as a guy who is more experienced than the rest and capable of carrying a match.

But otherwise the invasion is far from dead and theres no reason it can't still be as gripping and well written as it has been thus far.

dlofnep wrote: »
    I hope he goes back to the WWE, if even 3-6 months down the line. I think his comeback would be huge.

Agreed, the last image of him for the WWE universe will be of him spitting in Cena's face and kicking him in the head. The children won't forget that and if Hunter hasn't buried all the NXT guys when/if he returns then him returning would add another dimension to that angle.

If the dude knows politics, then he should keep silent, resist any shoot interviews or TNA. He can then come back after taking one for the team and into a company who you like to think will want to make it up to him.

Even if they decide to never touch him again, I imagine TNA will throw an insane amount of cash at him, and even if he ends up at neither, then I imagine he will make a ton of money on the indy scene. Its not all bad for him really.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Agreed, the last image of him for the WWE universe will be of him spitting in Cena's face and kicking him in the head. The children won't forget that and if Hunter hasn't buried all the NXT guys when/if he returns then him returning would add another dimension to that angle.

If the dude knows politics, then he should keep silent, resist any shoot interviews or TNA. He can then come back after taking one for the team and into a company who you like to think will want to make it up to him.

They're never going to show any footage of Danielson from RAW last week agaian, so I can't see how his return will be that big a deal to kids or how casual fans will even remember him. Kids are unlikely to have paid much attention to NXT and even if they did he'll just be another faceless nobody from a group of rookies that invaded RAW.

If he has been fired legit then any storyline momentum he had built up with the casual fans is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Laying out Cena will make him very appealing to TNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I'd put money on the person complaining being from either Mattel or Linda McMahon's campaign group. You really need to be quite the position of power to get Vince McMahon to turn around and fire someone after being happy the day before.

flahavaj wrote: »
    They're never going to show any footage of Danielson from RAW last week agaian, so I can't see how his return will be that big a deal to kids or how casual fans will even remember him. Kids are unlikely to have paid much attention to NXT and even if they did he'll just be another faceless nobody from a group of rookies that invaded RAW.

If he has been fired legit then any storyline momentum he had built up with the casual fans is gone.

I can't imagine why they won't be able to show him kicking him in the head, the rest of that foootage will be going to hell or Tipperary. :pac:
    I may have oversold the possible the hugeness of any possible return, I don't think its going to bring in another boom,:eek: but I think kids and adults won't forget him.

They can rebuild him as sort of dangerous loose cannon or something.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I can't imagine why they won't be able to show him kicking him in the head, the rest of that foootage will be going to hell or Tipperary. :pac:
    I may have oversold the possible the hugeness of any possible return, I don't think its going to bring in another boom,:eek: but I think kids and adults won't forget him.

They can rebuild him as sort of dangerous loose cannon or something.

I'd imagine if they have fired him they won't want him in any of the footage no matter what hes doing. It wouldn't make any sense to continue to show him having a major part in the invasion segments and then simply have disappear without trace though.

In fact whether they do keep showing him or not may be an indiocator of whether his firing is legit or not. If they keep showing him it would indicate perhaos that he continues to be a part of the storyline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Biding my time, waiting for the right moment to speak.

Danielson on Twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

well first of all im not fully convinced that this is real. im not 100% sure its a work either though.

* "The winds of change"
    the words spoken by Wade Barret when he was announced winner of NXT
    also words that where mentioned by Cole while building up NXT
    also used in a tweet by Bryan Danielson

* when Daniel Bryan was eliminated he gave an interview on NXT saying that Daniel Bryan was no good in NXT and Daniel Bryan didnt deserve to win NXT but he will be back and Bryan Danielson will prove he is good enough.

* WWE registering "the network"
    aparantly there is talk that its for their new channel............ but maybe....................maybe the storyline is this. maybe "the network" are behind Bryan Danielson being fired. maybe its just another tier in this "new era of storylines" that the WWE talked about.

* things will never be the same again
    Byran mentioned this
    Cole mentioned this
    Barret mentioned this
    TNA mentioned this..........................................................

aparantly in the next few weeks TNA changes forever. Dixie said there was no buy out but what if................................

- Undertaker has been taken out by someone
    - NXT season 1 rookies are attacking WWE stars and officials
    - Vince mcMahon aparantly has been seen sporting a couple of blackeyes
    - NXT rookies attack FCW stars even though WWE never acknowledges them on air
    - WWE pros attacke NXT season 2 rookies
    - Dainel Bryan is allegedly fired for choking Roberts with his tie but another rookie is seen trying to choke Cena with the ropes
    - WWE have released statements and made it look official that Bryan has indeed been let go. but staff arent sure whether its a work or real.
    =============================================

i have no idea what WWE are doing or what TNA may or may not have to do with it. its prob all coincidence but think for a second...............

Bryan Danielson is an internet darling and the most popular of the NXT stars. if WWE wanted to keep us (the internet fans) thinking and talking about this. would Bryan be the best person to use. i mean they have 135 posts already just on here alone about this one storyline. we are all going to be hooked to the tv monday night every last one of us.

i do doubt its real but i cant wait to find out

i think you're giving WWE and TNA far more creative credit than they deserve!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    i think you're giving WWE and TNA far more creative credit than they deserve!

all im saying is WWE did say that future storylines will be like nothing we have ever seen before

i know im just being hugely optimistic and in reality he prob was released because of some sponsor or Lindas crew

but you cant tell me you dont have a slight doubt that this isnt real and this could be the biggest work in history of WWE.

remember JR was fired. the net went wild for him to be back

remember vince "sold" RAW......................... the net again went wild and WWE had to make a statement because the corporate sponsors started selling their shares...................................................................................

maybe your not giving them enough credit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭glenjamin

k9avix.jpg

Here it is if anyone missed it

glenjamin wrote: »
    k9avix.jpg

Here it is if anyone missed it

its alot more graphic than i remember to be fair but hopefully it wont be the last we see of him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Haha. Cena on twitter don't obey no 140 word limit. He's posting an essay now about this. http://twitter.com/WWEJCena I'm too lazy to copy paste it all for y'all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    Haha. Cena on twitter don't obey no 140 word limit. He's posting an essay now about this. http://twitter.com/WWEJCena I'm too lazy to copy paste it all for y'all.

Ok now I know it's a work. I don't doubt that John Cena has respect for Brian Danielson, but he's a serious company man, and wouldn't feck about like this on twitter if the powers that be didn't approve.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

geeky wrote: »
    Ok now I know it's a work. I don't doubt that John Cena has respect for Brian Danielson, but he's a serious company man, and wouldn't feck about like this on twitter if the powers that be didn't approve.

I agree, it's highly unlikely that Cena would write that if all this was real. I just don't know.

• Advertisement

My excellent copypasta skills have done this......

From Cena's twitter :
    I am very upset to hear about the release of bryan danielson. Social networks were formed so people would have a voice, and an opinon. I Know you all have your own, theories and whatnot. I respect that. I have never asked any of you to feel a certaint way about me. But Bryan left a lasting impression on the wwe universe in a very short time, and although it came at my expense, I agree with the majority Of you who are caught off guard by this choice.

I know I'm not exactly appreciated by all, nor do I care to be, but I believe what I believe. I would like bryan to come back to the wwe. I would like to sign your petition to bring him back. I was taught to stand up for what I beileve in. I tried and failed, so I could Use some help. Tell me how to sign and I will. If for nothing else, to at least have a chance to have a match with him after what was done I know that seems a bit more fair. Give me a chance to have a fair match with him, and give him yet another chance to prove that he does Belong with us. Sorry for the long message, I know I am probally way out of line, I am sorry if I have offended anyone. But like me or not That is what Hustle. Loyalty. And most importantly Respect means to me. Enjoy game 5.

Advertisement