Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Max: Fury Road

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Looks like we getting a 2nd Mad Max movie shortly after the 1st one is released.Enjoyed the originals so heres hoping.http://twitchfilm.net/news/2010/07/george-miller-working-on-not-one-but-two-new-mad-max-films.php

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

Director George Miller has assured Mad Max fans that his new entry in the film series, Fury Road, will rev into production early next year.
    The fourth, Mel Gibson-free film in the popular series was originally set to shoot last August with stars Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron. But torrential rain and floods in Australia stalled production.
    Now, Miller has told The Daily Telegraph that things are just about back on track.
    “We will restart pre-production later this year and begin early next year - weather permitting,” he says.
    “We’ve built the vehicles. We’ve designed the movie. The principal cast is locked in. The film is funded. It’s all ready to go. We just wait.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Dick Burns

Mad Max is one the best original films in its history and was miles ahead of its time,mad max 2 is a classic,i have the boxset at home and yet to watch the 3rd incase my opinion changes ha

Mad MAx derserves another film and Tom hardy will be fantastic,if anyone has seen bronson he was incredible a brilliant method actor and every role he has played hes excelled in and can only imagine how good he is going to be as bane in TDKR in 2012

"You disobey me! You puppy!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Yea tom is a good actor and will def give this a watch,any chance of mel making a cameo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Dick Burns

Yea tom is a good actor and will def give this a watch,any chance of mel making a cameo?

Ha i doubt it kinda sad seeing him now with al his problems,especially the way south park portays him defo worth looking up on youtube

would be cool to see The Humungus back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

RopeDrink wrote: »
    To be honest, as much as I agree on THardy being a fantastic Actor, it just wouldn't be Mad Max without Mel in some shape or form at the very very least - Heck even Terminator:Salvation threw Arnie a Cameo (A CGI one at that, but better than nothing) and that doesn't help make it feel more 'Terminator' but it's at least a nod to the person who was at the core of the movies for years.

No Mel, No Mad Max, just Fury Road - On the flipside, yes, I have seen Bronson and seen TH in that TV Series where he plays an absolute lunatic, hell I'm a Trekkie and loved "Nemesis" where TomHardy plays the antagonist quite nicely, he really can pull this off so I'd still go to see it, albeit pre-dissapointed (Hopefully leading to suprise satisfaction) but again, Mel is Mad Max, it's that simple, and problems or not, he's still a great Actor and could slip into this role easily if he really wanted it.

Heard the same spiel about Nicholson and the joker,you could be eating your words.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Some more detail from writer/director George Miller:
    With so many failed starts on a new “Mad Max” installment and filming set to start in early 2012, one would imagine that the narrative has changed dramatically. But Miller said that while it’s grown somewhat, it’s essentially much the same film he wanted to shoot in 2003. “Obviously I’ve worked on [the script] since, and we’ve got the whole movie designed – we’ve got 150 big vehicles built – and the world has evolved. I hope I’ve evolved, and I hope the movie’s evolved. But it’s pretty similar; at its core, it’s not that different.”

One thing that Miller said was absolutely the same was Mad Max, the character who was being rebooted, albeit primarily via Hardy’s performance rather than a ground-up reinvention via screenwriting. “He’s a rebooted Mad Max, but it’s a new interpretation.” Miller revealed. “We made it very clear from the outset that it would be crazy to try to impersonate what Mel had done, but Tom [like] Mel and Heath Ledger; these guys all have very similar kind of maleness, I find. I don’t know, they somehow remind me of big cats – they’re mesmerizing to look and be with, but you don’t know what they’re going to do at any moment.”

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Check out these concept cars for Mad Max 4....pretty flash!

I personally prefered the industrial look in the originals so will be interesting to see what happens.

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/

Also a new link on the latest, supposed to start filming in Nambia in April. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

"I'm only here for the gasoline!!!" ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

This could be an interesting one. Would be very hard to get the weird/edgy mood of the original. Not to mention the Toecutter, one of the best baddies ever.

This is a complete reboot so it could go in any direction really. There may be a whole range of new charcters.

Was supposed to start filming early in the year but got put off due to health problems with George Millar. Last I read was filming starts this month.

The plan is to make two films (reboot and sequel). Remains to be seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I hope Tom Hardy is allowed to wear the sheepskin coat from Batman.

Source

Mad Max: Fury Road is edging ever closer to shooting, so it's good to hear that the casting department in picking up the pace, with supermodel and Transformers 3: Dark Of The Moon actress Rosie Huntington-Whiteley signing on.
    The long-gestating Mad Max sequel/prequel/reboot will be a step down in the glamour stakes for Huntington-Whiteley, who wasn't exactly stretched playing the trophy girlfriend in Transformers 3, spending most of her time being leered at by Michael Bay's cameras before bringing down the baddie with some bargain-bin reverse psychology.
    Expect Fury Road to have a much grubbier aesthetic, as Tom Hardy takes the Road Warrior mantle from Mel Gibson to play 'Mad' Max Rockatansky.
    It's unclear exactly what the role of the 'five wives' will be, though apparently they'll be travelling across the movie's wasteland setting, and no doubt crossing paths with Max.
    Huntington-Whiteley joins Zoe Kravitz, Riley Keogh and Adelaide Clemens in the quintet, with the fifth wife yet to be cast.
    They're not the only ladies in the movie though, with Charlize Theron (who has shaved off her hair for the part) starring opposite Hardy.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Filming has begun, some set pics have surfaced:

maxfr1.jpg?1341507162

maxfr2.jpg?1341507177

maxfr4.jpg?1341507247

Not a world away from the truck in The Road Warrior.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well if nothing else, the set-pictures and concept art show that the physicality of the previous films should remain intact. I'd argue that whoever plays Max is fairly incidental when it comes to Fury Road (although Tom Hardy is a fairly inspired choice): if the road carnage remains 'real' and the result of carefully choreographed 2nd-units, not networked PCs rendering CGI, that's how the film should ultimately be judged.

That said, George Miller's recent work with the Happy Feet films would make me worry that he has embraced the ways of the green-screen. And even if he hasn't, the choppy history of this film would also worry that an over-zealous executive would view the first edits & demand MOAR CGI! We'll see.

So has there been any firm confirmation just how rebooty this film will be? If at all?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Some more - new - set-pics have turned up, showing off the frankly spectacular-looking vehicles designed for this:

http://www.carforums.co.za/viewtopic.php?p=848914&sid=0a74b742e271e5030aa1a7b9a1611e6e#p848914
    (forum link got via aintitcool *spit*)

That yoke with all the speakers is mad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Those vehicles certainly look impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Carmageddon: The movie :eek:

• Advertisement

The latest on Fury Road, pics of the mutants and synopsis of the story....looks like a road chase movie across the desert involving plenty of carnage. :)

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/mad-max-fury-road-images/9230?wssac=164&wssaffid=news

Follow the links for further pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 st3veebee

That last guy...any relation to Bane?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Hugh Keays-Byrne is in it! didnt know that, I'm interested so!

st3veebee wrote: »
    That last guy...any relation to Bane?

A cross between Bane and Skeletor i'd say.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Loving the mutant designs, looking a bit crazier than the older films were so far, but in a good way!

Even more pics here: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/57743

I don't know why but I thought they were going to reboot the origins story but this looks more like a direct sequel which is fine by me as the good stuff came through in the 'Road Warrior'. Now looks like everyone has mutated, Star Wars crossed with Mad Max. Be interesting to see how Max looks these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

FlashD wrote: »
    I don't know why but I thought they were going to reboot the origins story but this looks more like a direct sequel which is fine by me as the good stuff came through in the 'Road Warrior'. Now looks like everyone has mutated, Star Wars crossed with Mad Max. Be interesting to see how Max looks these days.

i heard its a prequel :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

It's a sequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Vokes wrote: »
    It's a sequel.
    I heard somewhere that it's set before thunderdome but after road warrior

• Advertisement

Possibly the first pic of Max:

A-jgzw0CMAAPFuJ.jpg-large.jpeg?1356005148

Advertisement