Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SmackDown spoilers 20/03/2015

• 18-03-2015 8:16am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

* Roman Reigns comes out to kick off the show. There were some boos and "you can't wrestle" chants. Mark Henry interrupts and cuts a pro-Reigns promo. Seth Rollins interrupts with Kane, Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble. Kane rips on Reigns and Rollins teases cashing in at WrestleMania 31. Rollins says Randy Orton will not be here tonight due to security not letting him in. Kane announces himself and Rollins vs. Reigns and Henry for the main event.

* Paige vs. Brie Bella is next. AJ Lee is on commentary and Nikki Bella is at ringside. Paige wins a quick match after a roll-up out of nowhere.

* Dean Ambrose vs. Stardust starts the Intercontinental Contenders Gauntlet Match. Stardust is eliminated in a quick match. He attacks Ambrose after the bell. R-Truth is the next man out. He beats up Stardust and kicks him out of the ring. Ambrose hits a quick Dirty Deeds and Truth is eliminated. Luke Harper is out next. He ends up eliminating Ambrose. Daniel Bryan is out next to a big pop. The crowd was super into this match. Bryan applied an awesome submission at one point but Harper elbowed out. Bryan ends up eliminating Harper by submission. Dolph Ziggler is out next to another huge pop. They go at it. Ziggler and Bryan play off the hot crowd. This went back and forth with neither man getting the upperhand. The end had many near finishes but Ziggler won out of nowhere with a Zig Zag.

* Bad News Barrett comes out and cuts a promo. He nails Ziggler in the face, blocks a running knee from Bryan and hits Bryan with the mic. Barrett stands tall after giving both men a Bullhammer.

* They air a second backstage segment with J&J Security making sure Orton doesn't get in the building.

* Cesaro, Tyson Kidd and Natalya vs. El Torito and Los Matadores is next. Natalya and Torito look to start but Kidd tags in and stops it from happening. Natalya tags back in and powerbombs Torito for the win. Natalya took the Tag Team Title from Kidd after the match and held it in the air.

* Roman Reigns and Mark Henry vs. Seth Rollins and Kane is next. Henry's music hits but he doesn't come out. The big screen shows Henry laid out backstage. Rollins and Kane come out while Reigns is left alone in the match. Rollins and Kane have J&J Security plus extra members of security at ringside. They start putting the beatdown on Reigns early. The whole arena is screaming for Orton. Reigns fights back as the crowd pops for him. He hits a Superman punch on Rollins and a spear on Kane for the win.

The crowd went nuts. Rollins came in the ring but Orton's music hit to more huge pops. Orton came from behind and beat up everyone but Reigns. Everyone took a RKO except Rollins, who escaped. SmackDown ends.

Ziggler pinned Bryan and the internet isn't happy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,808 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I didn't think it would be. That's surprising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

With a simple zig zag aswell, ate a bullhammer afterwards to top things off.

Jon Stark wrote: »
    With a simple zig zag aswell, ate a bullhammer afterwards to top things off.

I've no problem losing to Ziggler either, but there was just no reason for either guy to be getting pinned clean in the run up to Wrestlemania. I mean its a ladder match they're building up to and with R Truth, Harper and Stardust in the match they weren't short of suitable candidates anyway,

Burial.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

CSF wrote: »
    I've no problem losing to Ziggler either, but there was just no reason for either guy to be getting pinned clean in the run up to Wrestlemania. I mean its a ladder match they're building up to and with R Truth, Harper and Stardust in the match they weren't short of suitable candidates anyway,

Burial.

Didnt all of them get beaten as well?

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Didnt all of them get beaten as well?
    That is what they're there to do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

In fairness, it's not that anyone is watching Smackdown and will see it....

That is what they're there to do.

But with a gauntlet featuring all of the contenders one of them would have to lose?

I would be shocked to see Bryan not win the belt at WM.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

But with a gauntlet featuring all of the contenders one of them would have to lose?

It is what I believe is what the WWE see as the one guaranteed way to keep Bryan away from the main event while not getting a backlash from the Bryan fans. There it too is what I see happening.

This is the reason I think they are doing it but that doesn't mean that it cannot also be a catalyst for change (tbh I think itl only be temporary) with Bryan having a long run as the champ and n doing so the title being somewhat elevated because Bryan plus any of the other copetitors but in 1on 1 matches would be good matches Bryan vs Barrett, Ziggler or Ambrose for example.

Just hope that while giving him wins (assuming he wins at Mania) in PPVs is also accompanied by him winning on Raw as otherwise the belt will continue to be a non entity imo

But thats the point, there is no need to have a gauntlet featuring all the contenders of a ladder match, and less of a need to have someone significant pinned clean. Especially when you're going to have Barrett come out and give them both the bullhammer anyway. We aren't seeing Rollins or Orton, Wyatt or Undertaker, Reigns or Lesnar, Sting or HHH being pinned clean, because these guys are being booked as important. So important that some of them don't even have to show up to be in a Mania match.

I don't even know if Bryan winning at WM would be a good thing, because it would just keep him further away from where he belongs on the card for a pretty long time.

Isnt the IC title meaning something what people have been wanting for a while now?

It would be good to have a strong champion, but like you say would need to be followed up on RAW

• Advertisement

Isnt the IC title meaning something what people have been wanting for a while now?

It would be good to have a strong champion, but like you say would need to be followed up on RAW
    The IC title isn't going to mean anymore than previous. It isn't suddenly gonna be ramped up the card, opening Raws, closing Raws.

Bryan is just gonna be booked weaker and dropped down the card into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

The IC title isn't going to mean anymore than previous. It isn't suddenly gonna be ramped up the card, opening Raws, closing Raws.

Bryan is just gonna be booked weaker and dropped down the card into it.

If you believe MetsFan it may well be.

I don't get the fuss. No one will remember or care DB jobbed in a weeks time.

He's a guy that's so good that losing rarely hurts him that much.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    If you believe MetsFan it may well be.

I don't get the fuss. No one will remember or care DB jobbed in a weeks time.

He's a guy that's so good that losing rarely hurts him that much.
    I find that difficult to believe, but I would be happy to see that be the case, because you'd presumably see the likes of Orton, Rollins, whoever wasn't in the main title feud possibly be involved in it. If Bryan isn't too good to be involved then nobody should be.

Nobody will remember in a weeks time, because it'll probably happen again in a weeks time and we'll be complaining about that. I've no problem with anybody losing to anyone. I enjoy when wrestling is unpredictable and you go into a Bryan v Ziggler match not knowing who is going to win.

But wrestling isn't unpredictable. Reigns, Orton, Cena, they wouldn't be booked this way. The reason Bryan will be booked in a trading wins manner now, is because he is being pushed down the card. First he gets beaten by Wyatt, then eliminated from the Rumble by Wyatt like a chump, then beaten clean by Reigns, now beaten clean by Ziggler. This isn't how WWE book guys that they care about.

Orton has jobbed cleanly a ton in his career in fairness.

It never hurt the Rock or(don't laugh) HHH either.

I agree with your point to a degree but DB is portrayed as a "underdog" type guy. It's logical he'd lose every so often. They were grooming Wyatt for Taker and Reigns would go over God right now the way they are pushing him.

Let me cling to some hope he'll be pushed again :pac:

Orton has jobbed cleanly a ton in his career in fairness.

It never hurt the Rock or(don't laugh) HHH either.

I agree with your point to a degree but DB is portrayed as a "underdog" type guy. It's logical he'd lose every so often. They were grooming Wyatt for Taker and Reigns would go over God right now the way they are pushing him.

Let me cling to some hope he'll be pushed again :pac:

Not on Smackdown against somebody who doesn't usually win. Even Cena loses, but still always gets booked strong, and you know when he loses it's to put someone over and that he will be destroying someone a week or 2 later to make up for it.

They don't book those guys the way they're booking Bryan now.

Feel I agree with both sides in part here.

The loss means nothing; no one watches Smackdown, it was to another "internet darling" so WWE likely see it as a wash, and no one will remember it come Mania when Bryan wins the title (unless it works into a storyline between him and Ziggler; "Sure you won, but I've beaten you in the past, so I deserve a title shot...").

On the other hand, they absolutely do book Bryan as someone they don't care about, and if not for crowd support, he'd be even lower down if Vince had his way. His booking over the last few weeks since his return has been really bad, especially relative to his overness. And it is very much a case of shoving Bryan into the IC title match in hopes people won't torpedo the main event if Bryan does nothing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

With the number of replies I thought this was last weeks thread for a minute.

It's is not a bad thing to lose if the story and how you ended up losing makes sense, is a good story. For me this is definitely a case of watch it rather than read about it before deciding if it made sense.

DM_7 wrote: »
    With the number of replies I thought this was last weeks thread for a minute.

It's is not a bad thing to lose if the story and how you ended up losing makes sense, is a good story. For me this is definitely a case of watch it rather than read about it before deciding if it made sense.
    When has that ever worked out though?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

It wont. Remember evil Vince is only using it to shut up the fans. But he wont fool the IWC(:o) They will get 10 minutes and be instructed not to steal the show:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Nearly time for Orton to have a series of 'this is familiar' handicap matches with the Authority.
    I'm chuffed

tyu.gif

Is anyone able to go over Bryan?
    I thought Ziggler was popular with these people online who are clearly more passionate than me about Bryan's career development

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,000 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

People like Ziggler, but ultimately he is a glorified jobber to the stars its not a burial or anything like that, but losing to Ziggler should be somewhat of a concern unless you are a scrub.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Is anyone able to go over Bryan?
    I thought Ziggler was popular with these people online who are clearly more passionate than me about Bryan's career development

That's not it though. I really like Ziggler, but he's not about to get pushed here. Id have no problem if it was gonna get followed up with similarly clean wins over the likes of Cena, Rollins, Wyatt, Orton, those sort of guys. But that won't happen because WWE don't book their guys they want in the upper card like that, hence the continuous predictability of WWE.

And arguably it's these sort of arguments that they want made. What do you mean they're burying Bryan, he's in the intercontinental title picture? What do you mean they're burying Bryan, I thought you loved Ziggler.

Really though, they've made the mistake of having Bryan in the title hunt leading up to Rumble/Mania season and have had their real plans shat on when he didn't make it to Mania 2 years in a row.

He's been conpletely removed from it now to try ease the Reigns boos and they won't make the same mistake next year. People won't make such a fuss next year if he doesn't make it to Mania if he's been away from the title picture all year, and is actually in an IC title match that night anyway.

See, their treatment of Dean Ambrose getting more over than they wanted him to be for reference.

Mark Henry interrupts and cuts a pro-Reigns promo

This made me chuckle though. It really is pathetic.

I wonder who else will have to go out there and suck off Reigns.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Austin show up and call Reigns "the toughest SOB i've ever known."

And he'll still get booed out of the building.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

This made me chuckle though. It really is pathetic.

I wonder who else will have to go out there and suck off Reigns.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Austin show up and call Reigns "the toughest SOB i've ever known."

And he'll still get booed out of the building.

Hey Moneymaker listen to the Big Dog:
    You shot back at the crowd last night. Is that something you're comfortable doing or have you been instructed to do that?

That's just an instinct thing. That's not something you learn in a warehouse or people can tell you. If you're a Daniel Bryan fan, I'm all for that. The more people Daniel Bryan will bring into arenas, the better. The more people I bring in, the better. But when I'm talkin', shut the hell up and let me talk.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/roman-reigns-wwes-heir-apparent-just-cant-win-20150317#ixzz3Ujz6WtzV

Oh good Jesus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Oh good Jesus.

He doesn't seem to THINK or have any real awareness of the dynamic that exists around him currently.This is another interview where he comes off badly:
    http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2015/3/15/8220273/roman-reigns-wwe-fans-head-butting-me-never-journeyman-dean-ambrose-seth-rollins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Rjd2 wrote: »
    People like Ziggler, but ultimately he is a glorified jobber to the stars its not a burial or anything like that, but losing to Ziggler should be somewhat of a concern unless you are a scrub.

This 100% it's not that nobody can ever beat Bryan again but if you go from beating HHH.Orton and Batista clean at a Wrestlemania to losing clean to Ziggler who I like but is the biggest jobber to the stars ever on a random Smackdown it's not good.

Shuld probably also be pointed out that, reading it, Bryan had a match with Harper as well; Harper is meant to be a beast, so could be presented that Bryan lost to Ziggler after not one but two grueling matches...

rovert wrote: »
    He doesn't seem to THINK or have any real awareness of the dynamic that exists around him currently.This is another interview where he comes off badly:
    http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2015/3/15/8220273/roman-reigns-wwe-fans-head-butting-me-never-journeyman-dean-ambrose-seth-rollins

Christ.

He could benefit from a chat with Mr.Cena. Cena is a MASTER at handling negative crowds and he takes it all in good spirit. That IWC image he posted a while back being a prime example.

Reigns has no idea how to handle this. Look at Rollins, the day the nude pics leaked. He acted like a complete professional, he went out there and played the part he always does, he apologised and moved on. Nobody even remembers it now.

Reigns seems to have the Ziggler like tendency to put his foot in his mouth and infuriate the wrong people(in this case the fans) even more.

Just let him be a cocky heel for christs sake. I loved Batista for it, in time fans would grow to accept Reigns.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Shuld probably also be pointed out that, reading it, Bryan had a match with Harper as well; Harper is meant to be a beast, so could be presented that Bryan lost to Ziggler after not one but two grueling matches...
    Its absolutely fine in isolation, but I find it hard to accept that this isn't what we're going to have to get used to in terms of the booking of Daniel Bryan.

He isn't going to be booked strong, because they don't want him to get too over again.

Advertisement