Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

October 2013 Babies Club

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Hi Murdy, enjoy your free time now your finished woohoo :)

Thanks Julia - such a relief to know I can sleep when I want and if I'm pukey I don't have to pretend to be fine!

Hope all is well with you x

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pma555

Hi all,

Big congrats to everyone :)

I returned to the hospital last week and they confirmed a healthy pregnancy by doing a scan so we are delighted as I had a previous ectopic preg. Going from first day of my last period I am 8 weeks this week, scan showed me to be around 6-7 doctor said.

Anyhu I am having a lot of constant nausea and have been sick. This only started on Friday and this morning in work I had to leave my classroom 3 times to be sick. This is a bit of a nightmare because I didn’t want to tell my principal until I was much further along.

I am worried now this is going to be a daily occurrence in work and that I won’t be able to cope with morning sickness and teaching. It’s actually really stressing me out at the min.

Eating crackers seem to work a little. Does anybody have any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Congrats! You poor thing with sickness though. Have you tried ginger nut biscuits or ginger tea? Ginger is supposed to be good for nausea.

Im going to get everything ginger on my way home from work today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

That's brill PMA xx

Such a relief getting a scan.... I rang the EPU this morn and they won't scan me til 9 weeks.... I had a mc in November at 8 weeks so a bit upset over it...

We are going to look in going private next week!!

I'm drinking ginger ale, works a treat. I use to hate granola bars but ate OH ginger ones last week!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Curlysue79

Positive Mental Attitude!

Thanks guys :)

Julias jewel - I started to get a dull pain on the lower left side of my stomach. I was really nervous it was ectopic. They weren’t going to scan me either, they actually just called me in to go for the bloods tests (2 bloods, 48hours apart) then they would compare the results and if the hcg level doubled it would indicate a viable pregnancy. However when I went into the emergency the doctor said she would ask the epu if they would scan me and they said yes. At the time about 2 weeks ago you couldn’t see anything on the scan only thicken of the womb. So I really found out everything was ok from the results of the bloods. So if you are really worried ask can you come in for blood tests. Can’t see there being a problem with that because you don’t even have to see a doctor to get bloods?
    I’m sure everything will go well for you but I understand your worry after mc I was the same.

I went back then 10 days later and they did another scan and this time you could a little heart beat! :) I was 7 weeks according to my last period, but doctor said I was about 5- 6 weeks

I am going to go for a private scan myself day before Mother’s day so I can put it in a mother’s day card for my mam! She will die of excitement :)

pma555 wrote: »
    Thanks guys :)

Julias jewel - I started to get a dull pain on the lower left side of my stomach. I was really nervous it was ectopic. They weren’t going to scan me either, they actually just called me in to go for the bloods tests (2 bloods, 48hours apart) then they would compare the results and if the hcg level doubled it would indicate a viable pregnancy. However when I went into the emergency the doctor said she would ask the epu if they would scan me and they said yes. At the time about 2 weeks ago you couldn’t see anything on the scan only thicken of the womb. So I really found out everything was ok from the results of the bloods. So if you are really worried ask can you come in for blood tests. Can’t see there being a problem with that because you don’t even have to see a doctor to get bloods?
    I’m sure everything will go well for you but I understand your worry after mc I was the same.

I went back then 10 days later and they did another scan and this time you could a little heart beat! :) I was 7 weeks according to my last period, but doctor said I was about 5- 6 weeks

I am going to go for a private scan myself day before Mother’s day so I can put it in a mother’s day card for my mam! She will die of excitement :)

Oh wow that will be a lovely surprise!! I'm going to definitely get my bloods done for my own piece of mind!

I'm making soup all this week as I don't eat veg and its the only way to get it into me.... Very proud of myself as I was addicted to coca cola but I have only had 1 can since finding out, for me that is unbelievable. My dad got me a bit of salmon this morning so looking forward to my dinner. I have a dozen bottles of water in the fridge too so that's keep me hydrated

Yes you defo should and if the hcg level doubles between the two blood tests you know its a healthy pregnancy :-)

I was addicted to diet coke also. Ive stopped drinking it but im finding it hard to drink water. My morning sickness eased up about 1pm after being sick 3 times.. Ill just have to learn to suck it up! :-/ Enjoy ur salmon :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 blocktober

Such a relief getting a scan.... I rang the EPU this morn and they won't scan me til 9 weeks.... I had a mc in November at 8 weeks so a bit upset over it..

That sounds a bit harsh, surely if you get a referral letter from your GP and turn up at the A&E they would have to scan you. I know getting a private scan is an option but having it in the hosp that you are attending would be less stressful?!

Haven't gone to my GP yet, I feel a bit reluctant but I sup I should, I want to scan around 10 week mark to make sure everything is going well. PMA :)
    Lots of lovely all day nausea etc, actually enjoying getting sick.

• Advertisement

Went to my exercise class last night was dreading it and I wasn't gonna go coz I was so exhausted. So glad I went felt great after it!!

Yeah, I got a referral letter but didnt make much difference :(

Feeling like I was on vodka last night, im very dizzy and vomiting. All positives though!
    How is everyone feeling??

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Laois_Man wrote: »
    I feel all odd posting on this women's thread

My wife and I are expecting our 2nd baby (the first one has just turned 3) - but there is some confusion as to whather it will be a September baby or an October baby.

According to my wife's dates, we should have been 7 weeks pregnant as-of last Sunday, February 10th (which would be a September 29th ish due date). She got a positive pregancy test on Jan 17th. But over the weekend, she got some spots of dark red blood, rang a midwife at the hospital where the baby is due to be born and she wanted us to go in for a scan. We went in on Monday and the internal scan showed the pregnancy at 5 to 6 weeks (which would be an October 12th ish due date) where the sac was visable but empty. That was strange coz her cycle is always bang on time. Anyway we are due to go back on Thursday Feb 21st to have a new scan done and we hope everything will be OK.

Wife is worried coz she's still getting the spotting on and off and she hasn't been puking (last time, she puked every day...ALL day). Although a good sign is that she is feeling nausious a lot.

Hopefully everything will be OK. But having to wait another week to find out is a killer!
    Hope everything went well today for you both.

lolademmers was it a pregnancy fitness class you went to?

No it was a Zumba class! Its so much fun. Was a bit unsure how I would get on but it's grand untill I have a big bump anyway I'm sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Snow day.....finally able to get my OH to take a day to relax and stay in bed for a while

Aww nice. Lazy days I love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Still feel quite icky & dizzy......on a happier note we booked (private) an early scan for 13th march so will be about 9 weeks so looking forward to that, i booked it with babyscan.ie

Hows everyone doing today?

Spring is almost here.....which means no more worrying about slipping and falling on ice....(we had an ice-storm lastnight).....then again, it's just a few months of relief before the long summer near full term with temperatures in the 40s.

Spring is almost here.....which means no more worrying about slipping and falling on ice....(we had an ice-storm lastnight).....then again, it's just a few months of relief before the long summer near full term with temperatures in the 40s.

Where are you ???

Definetly not Ireland lol

• Advertisement

Where are you ???

Definetly not Ireland lol

Ohio.....but our baby is 50% irish and we frequent boards.ie daily.

Ice-storms are rare here, an I'm pretty glad that ireland doesn't get them.......wake up in the morning and everything has a solid layer of ice on it.

Hi guys

How is everyone feeling??
    I got a headache Thursday Morning and by Friday night it was unbearable, so took a paracetamol and really helped. On top of that i had nausea and vomiting, happy days :D When I woke up Saturday morning I had a dose of a cold, still blocked up so I slept in spare room last night!!

Rockonollie, hows the weather, Still snowing?

Freudian girl, I would say you are so excited about the scan. Our scan is the 19th March and I will be 9 weeks then too, getting so impatient!

Lolademmers, how did you feel after your zumba? Im thinking about going back to Aqua Aerobics tomorrow night, but Im nervous about it!

I was skyping my friend this morning in Oz and i was very teary eyed, horomones are playing havoc! I cried at dont tell the bride Thursday night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

my "big" man was born on the 25th,let me know if they share a b.day! all the best!

tiny timy wrote: »
    my "big" man was born on the 25th,let me know if they share a b.day! all the best!
    My first was born on 25th too in 2011,

Freudian girl, I would say you are so excited about the scan. Our scan is the 19th March and I will be 9 weeks then too, getting so impatient!
    I am delighted , i am looking forward to seeing this new little person.

I know will be counting down the days from 1st of march....

How you feeling now?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

My first was born on 25th too in 2011,
    SNAP!!! 09 for mine!.hope all goes well!

I am delighted , i am looking forward to seeing this new little person.

I know will be counting down the days from 1st of march....

How you feeling now?

Yeah im counting down Tuesday 3 weeks ... Oh cant wait, im heading to London that Thursday so il be less anxious then

Feeling a bit better, nose is still blocked. Just got a dominos there and it went down nicely, no nausea this evening :)

You feeling any sickness or nausea!!

Yeah im counting down Tuesday 3 weeks ... Oh cant wait, im heading to London that Thursday so il be less anxious then

Feeling a bit better, nose is still blocked. Just got a dominos there and it went down nicely, no nausea this evening :)

You feeling any sickness or nausea!!
    Sounds fun

Yeah feeling sick all day and last night as well as headachey and dizzy

Sleep makes it worse... Was never this bad on my son.... Maybe its a girl

tiny timy wrote: »
    SNAP!!! 09 for mine!.hope all goes well!

Thanks looking forward to first hosp appointment then i will be calmer & more relaxed..,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

collegeme wrote: »
    Hope everything went well today for you both.

We came home from our scan bouncing on the 21st with the scan showing a tiny bean inside the sac, although it was still measuring a couple of weeks behind where it should have been. We got an appointment to go back on March 4th where we were expecting to see the heartbeat. Unfortunately, everything has gone wrong since and this morning there was a miscarriage - so it's been a sad day for us.

But thank you so much for your kind thoughts.

Advertisement