Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

October 2013 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭trinz23

Have told the most important people in my life and they were all delighted! i know its so early but i just couldn't keep it to myself any longer I was going to explode! Also going to keep it from work for as long as possible, kind of worried about that as I am only 2 months into a new job (that I love) that includes 6 months probation.

I am also getting dizzy spells since yesterday, very like motion sickness. Great to hear that other people have this too.

This forum is brill because as it is my first I don't know whats OK and whats not and seeing other people with similar symptoms is really putting me at ease.

P.S My boobs are KILLING me!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

I'm the same trinz this is my first. I just have a few mild cramps which I believe are normal like mild period pains. The tiredness is hitting me too can't wait to get into my bed each night!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

trinz23 wrote: »
    Have told the most important people in my life and they were all delighted! i know its so early but i just couldn't keep it to myself any longer I was going to explode! Also going to keep it from work for as long as possible, kind of worried about that as I am only 2 months into a new job (that I love) that includes 6 months probation.

I am also getting dizzy spells since yesterday, very like motion sickness. Great to hear that other people have this too.

This forum is brill because as it is my first I don't know whats OK and whats not and seeing other people with similar symptoms is really putting me at ease.

P.S My boobs are KILLING me!!:eek:

The joys of it :)

I have a funeral tonight and tomorrow night and the thoughts of it is making me ill :(

Just have a heat pack on my back atm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

This is my 3rd and im 6.5weeks and my work clothes are tight...is this due to baby or me eating too much?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

collegeme wrote: »
    This is my 3rd and im 6.5weeks and my work clothes are tight...is this due to baby or me eating too much?

I'm eating more frequently to stave off the morning sickness and I'm finding my clothes a bit tighter too. My stomach gets very bloated by the end of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I feel all odd posting on this women's thread

My wife and I are expecting our 2nd baby (the first one has just turned 3) - but there is some confusion as to whather it will be a September baby or an October baby.

According to my wife's dates, we should have been 7 weeks pregnant as-of last Sunday, February 10th (which would be a September 29th ish due date). She got a positive pregancy test on Jan 17th. But over the weekend, she got some spots of dark red blood, rang a midwife at the hospital where the baby is due to be born and she wanted us to go in for a scan. We went in on Monday and the internal scan showed the pregnancy at 5 to 6 weeks (which would be an October 12th ish due date) where the sac was visable but empty. That was strange coz her cycle is always bang on time. Anyway we are due to go back on Thursday Feb 21st to have a new scan done and we hope everything will be OK.

Wife is worried coz she's still getting the spotting on and off and she hasn't been puking (last time, she puked every day...ALL day). Although a good sign is that she is feeling nausious a lot.

Hopefully everything will be OK. But having to wait another week to find out is a killer!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

LaoisMan hopefully everthing is ok at your wifes next scan.
    Regarding the morning sickness. I had it on my first but no symptoms at all on my second. I am due my 3rd around 4th October and no symptoms at all again.

Edited to say i have read many a story lke yours where everything turned out ok but obviously you need to be prepared. Let us know how you get on.

Had my GP appointment this morning and its all confirmed. I will be going with the combined care so I go back to him at 12 weeks and he listens to the babys' heart and if all is ok I don't need to go to the hospital until my 20 week scan! He tested my urine and took my blood pressure too. Said the only thing I cant do is horse ride or scuba dive. He is a bit of a character!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Curlysue79

Can I join?! Can't believe this is here, so excited! Got our BFP last Wed, v sick since! First child, very scared! Didn't go to doctor yet? Should we? ��

Curlysue79 wrote: »
    Can I join?! Can't believe this is here, so excited! Got our BFP last Wed, v sick since! First child, very scared! Didn't go to doctor yet? Should we? ��

Welcome and congratulations xxx

Do you know how far gone you are? Just make an app with your doctor as soon as you can, and they will do a check up and put you on folic acid if you have not done so already...

Exciting times ahead :D

• Advertisement

Yeah get in there so they can get things kicked off with the hospital.

Congrats and I hope your sickness lets up a bit. I'm finding sleeping all the time is a great help!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Curlysue79

Not sure of dates, last period was first wk in Jan, so 5-6 weeks?! Right, had better ring the Doc! Oh lord this is uber exciting! Fingers crossed for us all! PMA!

Last thing! Any advise for serious constipation? I feel like a whale!

I'm overwhelmed with excitement after finding this forum! Keeping stum is hard!

Plenty of water, excercise and high in fibre foods, whole grain breads, brown rice and fruit and veg... Worth a try....

PMA all the way :D

I'm only 5 weeks today... I found out too early :confused:
    I'm babysitting tonight so hopefully after I will get a back massage off OH...
    Il live in hope!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Not sure of dates, last period was first wk in Jan, so 5-6 weeks?! Right, had better ring the Doc! Oh lord this is uber exciting! Fingers crossed for us all! PMA!

Last thing! Any advise for serious constipation? I feel like a whale!

I'm overwhelmed with excitement after finding this forum! Keeping stum is hard!

I'm butting in a little bit here (due in June) but I had terrible constipation in my first few weeks, I also felt like a whale! The doc recommended Fibogel and it really helped. It's safe to take in pregnancy because it's not absorbed it just goes through your digestive tract.

Also, loads and loads of fluids. I had to go on a drip a couple of times due to hyperemesis and afterwards I was always very "free" if you know what I mean (sorry if that is gross) so it really showed me how much being hydrated helps.

Anyway, mine lifted by about 9/10 weeks I think. I was worried I'd be like that all the time but even with having to take iron now I'm grand.

Congrats to all the October ladies :)

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I'm butting in a little bit here (due in June) but I had terrible constipation in my first few weeks, I also felt like a whale! The doc recommended Fibogel and it really helped. It's safe to take in pregnancy because it's not absorbed it just goes through your digestive tract.

Also, loads and loads of fluids. I had to go on a drip a couple of times due to hyperemesis and afterwards I was always very "free" if you know what I mean (sorry if that is gross) so it really showed me how much being hydrated helps.

Anyway, mine lifted by about 9/10 weeks I think. I was worried I'd be like that all the time but even with having to take iron now I'm grand.

Congrats to all the October ladies :)

Hi Murdy, enjoy your free time now your finished woohoo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Visited our hospital this week.....they offer maternity orientation tours.......really put us at ease to be shown our way around and told everything that will happen before the time comes.

That's really good rockonollie. I'm not sure if my hospital offers that it's only a small regional one. I would feel much better even just having a look around so it's not the first time I see it on D Day! Maybe I will ask at my 20 week scan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Not to sound stupid but what does PMA stand for?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi all,

im due 24th of october. is anyone getting pains in their lower stomach... kinda of like period pains? come and go the odd time but just last a few second.. im probably only being paranoid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

ive had twinges in my sides and lower abdomen, is that normal? ive had one miscarriage two and a half years ago so im hoping this isnt the start of another one. the twinges only last a second or two.

• Advertisement

Not to sound stupid but what does PMA stand for?

positive mental attitude :)

Madisson wrote: »

positive mental attitude :)

Thanks

ive had twinges in my sides and lower abdomen, is that normal? ive had one miscarriage two and a half years ago so im hoping this isnt the start of another one. the twinges only last a second or two.

I have had these too for last 2 weeks, its like growing pains.

I have had these too for last 2 weeks, its like growing pains.

ye thats exactly it... thank god.. i was so nervous but at least im not the only one so it has to be normal :) had read that it could be growing pains on the internet but nice to have someone else actually experiencing it :)

ye thats exactly it... thank god.. i was so nervous but at least im not the only one so it has to be normal :) had read that it could be growing pains on the internet but nice to have someone else actually experiencing it :)

I have it most of today and very dizzy the last 2 hours.... Again taking it all as positives!

Blerg.

Morning sickness has been ick all week. I can't concentrate at all.

That and I'm sleeping all the time and I can't lift my son without getting painful spasms in my lower abdomen.

The early pregnancy cramping is normally your ligaments loosening up, btw. Nowt to be worried about on their own.

Oh, and did I mention my tummy is all out? I look about 4 months gone already. I look cute with it, but I don't think there's any hope of me keeping this to myself until year end at work!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Blerg.

Morning sickness has been ick all week. I can't concentrate at all.

That and I'm sleeping all the time and I can't lift my son without getting painful spasms in my lower abdomen.

The early pregnancy cramping is normally your ligaments loosening up, btw. Nowt to be worried about on their own.

Oh, and did I mention my tummy is all out? I look about 4 months gone already. I look cute with it, but I don't think there's any hope of me keeping this to myself until year end at work!

Such a relief ive had the cramps on and off but mostly at night for some reason. ye im tummy is really out too, im just soo bloated.. i was planning on not telling my work untill i was at least 5 months by just wearing baggy clothes... doubt its going to work :/

I've had the twinges too that's how I knew I was pregnant. They are kinda like period pains but I got no period!! I feel like my boobs are huge too and considering they are double d to start it does not bode well for me!!

I've had the twinges too that's how I knew I was pregnant. They are kinda like period pains but I got no period!! I feel like my boobs are huge too and considering they are double d to start it does not bode well for me!!

I feel your pain ha i went to the gym earlier and tried to run b but i literally felt like my boobs were going to hit me in the face.. must go out and invest in some proper support :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Happily joining the gang, due around the 5th of Oct. Its our first and we are over the moon, feels like the most important thing we've ever done. Im 28 and it really feels like the right time of our lives to get started. Felt absolutely terrible for the last week, unbearable tiredness at random times of the day and ever present nausea but thankfully it is beginning to ease off. I found that I was delaying eating because of the nausea, and it only made me feel worse. Stocked up today on bananas, apples, rice cakes and cucumbers and snacking on them is keeping the sick feeling at bay. Thankfully I've moved at work from a very busy stressful position to a more relaxed environment so perfect timing. Good luck to all!

Advertisement