Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC/MMA etc crossover Thread *Spoilers for latest show*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

He is going to have to improve a lot if he plans on doing it at a higher level. He spent the first half of the fight getting his head punched in, a better fighter would have beaten him as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

He is just a shìt Herschel Walker really.

Anybody staying up for UFC 153 tonite?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

GTR63 wrote: »
    Anybody staying up for UFC 153 tonite?

Yeah, it's the best card they've had in a while IMO so hopefully it'll be worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

UFC President Dana White told The Times on Tuesday that Jones and Sonnen have been assigned as opposing coaches in the third installment of "The Ultimate Fighter" on FX, creating some extensive pre-fight hype for their April 27 pay-per-view title match at a site to be determined.

"The Ultimate Fighter" with Jones and Sonnen is set to begin shooting on Oct. 29 in Las Vegas, with a debut in early January as young middleweights participate in a tournament that leads up to an April "TUF" finale at the Vegas Hard Rock Hotel, where the winner will receive a multi-fight UFC contract.

Lots of UFC is turning into WWE outrage by fans online. I think my enlightened brothers of the Pro Wrestling realise UFC at it's most sucessful has always been sports entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I've been wondering, do you think MMA rose in popularity when the Hulkamaniacs grew up?

Did that not get crap ratings last year, or is that something else I'm thinking of?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Did that not get crap ratings last year, or is that something else I'm thinking of?

The current season as well. Worst ever.

I think the Friday night slot isn't doing it any favours. I really enjoyed the last season with the whole Michael Chiesa story.

The latest season has been pretty poor, the UK vs Aus one is quality so far though.

• Advertisement

Sonnen vs Jones will finish even quicker than Bonnar vs Silva, a joke of a fight imo. Who is Chael going to do the "Even I know I got no chance" ads with?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I've been wondering, do you think MMA rose in popularity when the Hulkamaniacs grew up?

no, ufcs rise in popularity happened when the ultimate fighter aired on spike in 2005, spikes strategy of airing tuf after raw was brilliant and it meant the show captured alot of the wwe fans at the time
    gnfnrhead wrote: »

the tv shows have been doing very poor ratings this year, three years ago october 2009 one episode of ultimate fighter did 5.3 million viewers, last friday the show did 640,000, smackdown amongst other things is killing them

Well, I for one have been more than aware of UFC since well before 2005. 1997 to be precise, when Ken Shamrock and later Dan Severn made the crossover. I looked back over to where they came from. I meant in America, or worldwide, not in Ireland. Just a theory.

To quote my brother Dana White is getting a bit tarry now.

Very good fight, was a little worried for GSP there for a bit but it all worked out well in the end. The way they kept showing Silva on screen during the fight, I was expecting some epic promo to build a fight at the end.

Very good fight, was a little worried for GSP there for a bit but it all worked out well in the end. The way they kept showing Machida's moustache on screen during the fight, I was expecting some epic promo to build a fight at the end.
    Thats all I saw.

What was sadder BJ Penn's performance or Shogun not being in shape yet again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Anyone else gotten a bit bored if UFC/MMA in general. Seems to have lost the must- see buzz it had a while back for me anyway. The depth of quality just doesn't seem to be there anymore.

I don't find it that entertaining to watch at all, to be honest. I watch it when I have some sort of vested interest, like when Batista was fighting. But otherwise it find it to be barbaric.

Anyone else gotten a bit bored if UFC/MMA in general. Seems to have lost the must- see buzz it had a while back for me anyway. The depth of quality just doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Too much of it now. An entire show was cancelled recently when the main event was taken away. A few years ago they could have easily replaced it with another fight. They have too many shows, PPV's etc for that to happen nowadays. Used to have a few good looking fights per card, now it's often a one fight card. Outside of the main event, the card doesnt really matter.

• Advertisement

Last night's show had a good card(for a change but just never got going in the entertainment stakes, fu<king calf punching).
    But yeah there are too many cards e.g. 2 TUF finales on next weekend which is just stupid.
    The next numbered card has Dos Santos vs Velasquez on the 29th and fecking nothing else on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

last night was really good i thought, a hot crowd adds so much to an event be it wrestling, ufc, basketball, wwe should do a big ppv in seattle some day again like a rumble or summerslam

Anyone watching the Ultimate Fighter final? That Russian lad just got three savage German suplexes, Kurt Angle would be proud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Anyone watching the Ultimate Fighter final? That Russian lad just got three savage German suplexes, Kurt Angle would be proud.

As Taz would say the three amigos:D Not enough suplexes in UFC.

ijn30ZZ9JXvJv.gif

UFC 92 I had five lads over. Tonight none. Just got Kid Rock blasted at me. Along with celebrities such as MC Hammer, the redhead from That 70's Show and Jaime Presiely.

Let's not even talk about the fights so far.

Its a 1 fight card and that fight will go 2 rounds max. Miller vs Lauzon would of nearly been a prelim 5 years ago, its a fight where the winner will go nowhere in the lightweight title reckoning. Much better watching than the horrid Okami or Leben fights.

Main event was a pure damp squib. The fight changed on 1 punch in the 1st Round and Velasquez should of put him out of there despite Cigano showing Fabio Maldonado level heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

GTR63 wrote: »
    Main event was a pure damp squib. The fight changed on 1 punch in the 1st Round and Velasquez should of put him out of there despite Cigano showing Fabio Maldonado level heart.

And there is the proof that you should stick to pro wrestling as you obviously know fcuk all about MMA

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    And there is the proof that you should stick to pro wrestling as you obviously know fcuk all about MMA

Dos Santos was standing on instinct alone in the last 4 rounds he was fùcked(thats how to spell it btw). Cain should of been able to finish him imo.

Advertisement