Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Will watch this later. See what you lads make of my favourite match ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'll watch this in bed tonight!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Cool bananas :) Let me know what ye make of it!

Great show as always. Had me in stitches as usual. Until the depressing "15 Wrestlers from WM VII have since died" (Great job showing a taker match during that conversation!)

Ha! I didn't even cop that. Thanks mate. Originally I had fancam footage of the 91 KOTR (house show, Bret won) but the quality is just horrific. Yeah, sometimes we gotta chat about non-fun things but I thought it was important. We tried not to dwell on it! Hence the chatting about Hogan running in during the Macho/Liz celebration - Imagine if Hogan lifted Macho up on his shoulder! :pac: We'll have to cover the WBF and the steroid scandal in upcoming eps :)

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Hence the chatting about Hogan running in during the Macho/Liz celebration - Imagine if Hogan lifted Macho up on his shoulder! :pac: We'll have to cover the WBF and the steroid scandal in upcoming eps :)

I wouln't have put it past Hogan to do a run in after the match. Can't wait to hear the crews thoughts on the steroid scandal!

Ha! We recorded the 91 podcast this evening. Had TONS to talk about, WWF really hit the reset button post-Mania so we left the steroid scandal talk until the much-less-interesting Survivor Series 91 :)

There are 3 versions of WWE pay-per-views - the live PPV itself, the WWF Silvervision DVD (which is the same as the Coliseum Home Video release), the WWE Anthology version. Have a look at Demolition's entrance from WrestleMania 7, it showcases the differences well.

Have a look at this still :

wweanthologysilvervisio.jpg

Left is the WWF Silvervision DVD, whilst the Right is the WWE Anthology.
    WWF Silvervision : Real themes but entrances & some promos missing, insert some new vignettes
    WWE Anthology : HQ video, Some fake songs, muted out 'WWF' and has WWE scratch logo, but is the entire PPV (~1/2 hour longer)

Which do you think is better?

• Id definitely prefer the Anthology version because the VQ is better and has the full PPV!

As long as they are PPVs before 98 because of the WWF scratch logo being blurred out which IMO makes those events from 98 - 02 unwatchable on anthologys.

SummerSlam 1991 [#23]

It's SummerSlam 91, and the livin' is anything but easy!
    Hulkamania and Warrior Wildness battle the Triangle of Terror, Take and the Snake don't get a fair shake,
    Liz and Randy tie the knot in Macho Matrimony, and Bret & Perfect have one of the most famous matches in history!
    The wrestling is awesome segment looks at Kevin Nash in The Punisher, why not.
    As a special BONUS feature, we look at EVERY WWE WEDDING EVER!

slam91400x300click.jpg

WATCH : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxob-it3MGA
    DOWNLOAD : http://23.OSWreview.com
    Audio iTunes : iTunes.OSWreview.com

If you like the show, let us know here or on facebook :)

• Advertisement

First episode in a while I haven't felt guilty for laughing at a dead wrestler/Valet joke! :pac:
    Great show as always, love the longer format (Gives me something to watch in the evening)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Really enjoyed this one. Ye are just starting into my favourite old school period of wrestling ever now with the imminent arrival of Flair and an unbelieveably strong roster from top to bottom. Keep it up lads!

First episode in a while I haven't felt guilty for laughing at a dead wrestler/Valet joke! :pac:

Who did we make fun of this time? I think this one turned out quite well. SummerSlams are my favourite - whether it's Ronnie Garvin, Zeus, or Bad News & his Sewer Rats, SummerSlam always brings it's A game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Good stuff as always lads. Now to see your take on WWF screwing up a guaranteed money feud.

Survivor Series 1991 [#24]

Hulkamania faces it's biggest threat in The Gravest Challenge!
    Ric Flair makes his WWF PPV debut and we celebrate with THREE Flair promos!
    and Randy Savage? What a horrible night to have a
    curse snakebite.
    In the Wrestling is Awesome segment, we look at LEX LUGER as SUPERBOY!

oswreview24survivorseri.jpg

WATCH : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoLpWV5JhCc
    DOWNLOAD : 24.OSWreview.com
    Audio iTunes : iTunes.OSWreview.com

If you like the show, let us know here or on facebook :)

Couldn't really get into this episode! Not your fault lads! The PPV was ridiculously weak! I'd say "This Tuesday in Texas" won't be much better! Roll on 1992 and Shawns singles run!

Oh that's a shame. When did you watch the ep?

The night it went up! I'm subscribed to you on iTunes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Oh that's a shame. When did you watch the ep?

not recently i'd guess, just tried and got this

404 - That Blip has sailed.
    We can't find the page you're looking for, but we did find a few new shows you'll enjoy:

Not even Crocodile Dundalk? :D

252699_545324095487196_295987562_n.png

Yeah blip deleted my account which killed iTunes & all my vids :( so I've been working on uploading them. It's a massive pain finding a similar distributor. If I edit the shows a bit I can get them on YouTube (for a while anyway). Catch 'em here : http://YouTube.OSWreview.com

• Advertisement

Got the latest episode up - took 7 re-edits! But there ya go :)

Episode 24 - Survivor Series 91

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Working mg way through this topic; really enjoying it.

Reebrock wrote: »
    Working mg way through this topic; really enjoying it.

Thanks mate! For easier finding...

This Tuesday in Texas! [#25]

Macho finally gets his hands on Jake, The Repo Man makes his PPV debut,
    IRS's Tax Tips and The Gravest Rematch - Hogan challenges for Undertaker's WWF Championship!
    Download link contains RVD in the X-Files!

repoosw8.jpg

WATCH : Watch25.OSWreview.com
    DOWNLOAD : 25.OSWreview.com

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

That was hilarious. Didn't think I would be into it as I wasn't around back then but I will definitely try and make time to watch the rest of the shows as I do like some history. Must say I popped for the Jimmy Saville mention.

GREAT EPISODE!
    Had me in stitches! Virgils ice-cream attire,Steve the pigeon and the BRILLIANT worzel gummidge intro! Fantastic! Much better I thought than the Series review.
    I've a suggestion for the next show; instead of "American Cnuts" why not just "Americnuts",

Thanks guys! Glad ye liked the show. Pleasantly Surprised HH, I preferred the Series review but hey I'm not complaining! Roesputin a yay or nay? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Hey, just thought I'd post to say how much I enjoy these reviews. Like HH I thought This Tuesday in Texas was one of your stronger efforts. The Nogger reference was certainly a thing too haha. Looking forward to Shawn's solo career and Bret's title reign.

I'm a Roesputin mark btw. Need to hear more about him in the future.

Thanks Moist Bread (what a name! :D). cheers for letting us know. I'm glad I left in that joke, I thought it might be over the line. No-one's complained about it... Shocked "Roesputin The Mad Monk" is getting love, Steve's always coming up with these awful, awful gimmicks.

AUDIO ONLY version : This Tuesday In Texas.mp3 (58.9MB)
    http://news.piledriverwrestling.net/media/com_podcastmanager/25ThisTuesdayInTexasOSWreview.mp3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Just gonna start having a look at some of these now. My internet connection has been pretty crap for the past year and I am just getting back to normal the last week or so. Anyway, looking forward!

Advertisement