Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mass Effect 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

I'd have loved the N7 Hurricane, it's supposed to be an upgrade to the Hornet, which is one of my favourite weapons at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Got the N7 sniper in my pack, my least used type of weapon :rolleyes: Very nice though, the 3 round clip means you can guarantee a kill even if you miss the first headshot.

Also got the Hornet recently, brilliant little SMG.

And the new limited Veteran packs for 33,000 are great, got 2 guns out of my first one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Zillah wrote: »
    As it is, you will not have access to the 'best' ending. Though I doubt you would notice. You need to play some multiplayer first.

I had 3ksomething EMS and I still don't know what this "best" ending is. If it's what I think it is then don't worry about it is my recommendation.
    I got 3 choices and didn't see the "is he or isn't he shepard bit" which amounts to a milisecond of FMV. I didn't have the last paragon/renegade dialog option with TIM. Is there something else I missed?
    I don't see any necessity to play multiplayer under these circumstances but I am open to being corrected.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Got the N7 sniper in my pack, my least used type of weapon :rolleyes: Very nice though, the 3 round clip means you can guarantee a kill even if you miss the first headshot.

Also got the Hornet recently, brilliant little SMG.

And the new limited Veteran packs for 33,000 are great, got 2 guns out of my first one.
    If you're using the Hornet, you're better off not zooming in unless you're in cover, it's less accurate when you tight aim for some reason. It took me a little while to figure that out. Also, the Turian Sentinel has a weapon stability stat that handles the recoil beautifully, turns the gun into a little monster!

I saw those new packs too, I'll have to buy one, see what I get.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyone fancy giving a gold mission a shot tonight? Say around 7pm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

yeah just shout me on origin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

mewso wrote: »
    I had 3ksomething EMS and I still don't know what this "best" ending is. If it's what I think it is then don't worry about it is my recommendation.
    I got 3 choices and didn't see the "is he or isn't he shepard bit" which amounts to a milisecond of FMV. I didn't have the last paragon/renegade dialog option with TIM. Is there something else I missed?
    I don't see any necessity to play multiplayer under these circumstances but I am open to being corrected.

The milisecond of video you refer to is what people mean when they talk about the "best" ending, and for that you need 4k/5k depending on whether you save a certain person in a certain conversation.
    Kiith wrote: »
    Anyone fancy giving a gold mission a shot tonight? Say around 7pm?

I'm in. Use mics if you can, it'll make things so much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fundlebundle

I have a had a few issues with my play through.
    No thane in the hospital - he survived my me2 game and said he was there.
    Miranda saying she was in the dock on the citadel but I only found her by accident in the room opposite udina.
    Then the final fmv was all polarised or something. You could only see red and black - anyone else experience this? It really killed the game for me.

Also had that experience on mp of people not reviving you but only their team mates - so annoying.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

The milisecond of video you refer to is what people mean when they talk about the "best" ending, and for that you need 4k/5k depending on whether you save a certain person in a certain conversation.

Meh skip the multiplayer and youtube for anything you missed.

mewso wrote: »
    Meh skip the multiplayer and youtube for anything you missed.

The multiplayer should be played because its tons of fun, forget the ending EMS crap.

• Advertisement

The multiplayer should be played because its tons of fun, forget the ending EMS crap.

Ah yeah play it by choice not to get some bs perfect ending. Thats all I'm saying. My multiplayer days are over by choice these days anyway. Not enough time or energy anymore to shoot things with 15 year olds calling me various slang words or trying to pretend I am a jedi knight while a wookie calls me dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i thought exactly that too, until i played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bioware co-founder is after making a statement about the ending and changes to the ending are in the works. He said the critical complaints about the ending were incredibly painful.

I just read that heading, didn't click in to it in case they spoil it but looks like new ending DLC on the way. Would be funny if they charged a tenner for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Sheehy no good making statements like that with no link....

worst poster ever you are :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

right lads, i still havent played ME3, and won be in near future, just because of that dlc bullshiet, but is the ending really so bad?!

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/amazon-says-mass-effect-3-refunds-arent-unique/4040/

article about how many returns amazon is getting of ME3. are people over reacting to an ending?

funny enough i want to play me3, just to find out that shiet ending lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

right lads, i still havent played ME3, and won be in near future, just because of that dlc bullshiet, but is the ending really so bad?!

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/amazon-says-mass-effect-3-refunds-arent-unique/4040/

article about how many returns amazon is getting of ME3. are people over reacting to an ending?

It is still well worth playing. I wasn't going to play it due to not feeling ME2 as i did with 1, but it was definitely the best last minute decision i have made in a while. The whole game is brilliant, 60 hours it got out of me. Yes, the ending isn't great. But, it's still well worth playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Sheehy no good making statements like that with no link....

worst poster ever you are :pac:

I was gonna copy the link but not worth it in case I left clicked by accident, opend the link and spoiled the game for myself.....and I wouldn't give ya the satisfaction freeze!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I was gonna copy the link but not worth it in case I left clicked by accident, opend the link and spoiled the game for myself.....and I wouldn't give ya the satisfaction freeze!

Ah it was worth a try!!!!!

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/21/4108/

No spoilers about anything in the game!

It's a great game with a bad ending, you should play it. Just don't buy the DLC, it is not essential at all. I didn't buy it. I've heard it added some cool stuff but you wouldn't even know the DLC existed if you played without it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

From a gameplay perspective, the ending is a bit disappointing. But I'd still consider this the best of the 3 games. There so many awesome moments and the interactions with your crew are much improved. The more I think about the ending the more I like it. But at the time it really confused me and your actions don't have the kind of consequences that you would hope for. If Bioware expand it via DLC then I'd be quite happy with it. Although I've no interest in the MP, so I'll have probably traded it in by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It's a great game with a bad ending, you should play it. Just don't buy the DLC, it is not essential at all. I didn't buy it. I've heard it added some cool stuff but you wouldn't even know the DLC existed if you played without it.

I know what dlc offers so it really grind my gears...

I got my both mass effects on Xbox, will I need Xbox live subscription to get dlc and use multiplayer part of the game ( which is somehow important for sp ? )? What if I would just get it for pc? How will be the previuos games stuff chosen then? I really could not be ****ed to pay for Xbox live just for me3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I haven't finished the game yet but I'm really enjoying thus far. But all the talk about the ending has me worried. I'm also disappointed that Bioware might make changes. Sounds like they knew this was the reaction they would get and planned DLC to give the "real" ending.

Is that too cynical?

....the interactions with your crew are much improved.

Really, did you think so? Compared to ME1, I thought the character interactions was really watered down.

In ME1, in the downtime between missions, you could chat to each character about a wealth of different topics and the previous mission, and get an extra mission for some of them if you were a persistent chatterbox after each mission, there was tonnes of dialogue, in ME2 it was watered down a bit, Garrus constantly doing calibrations, etc.

But in ME3, all you get really is a single chat you can have each character in your cabin, and the meetings on the citadel, some of them didn't even have any dialogue options, the interactions aren't as deep as in the previous games. For example, you go to a crew member between a mission, and press A to chat, and all you get is "Good to see you Shepard", press A again, "Good to see you Shepard".

I was a little let down by the character interactions, I feel like I am bashing the game now, but I am not, the chats just weren't as detailed, but there was some great character bits too, near the end especially.

I know what dlc offers so it really grind my gears...

I got my both mass effects on Xbox, will I need Xbox live subscription to get dlc and use multiplayer part of the game ( which is somehow important for sp ? )? What if I would just get it for pc? How will be the previuos games stuff chosen then? I really could not be ****ed to pay for Xbox live just for me3.

You don't need to do the MP stuff to get the endings, but it makes it easier apparently. Don't let it turn you off the SP game, i only played MP to get the "Galaxy Readiness" up, but i don't think that has a huge impact on it tbh. If you have played the first two, it would be a crime not to play this one.

As i said, aside from the ending, it's the best of the 3 imo.

Got the god damn Eagle! :mad:

Got to use the N7 Valiant, it's one hell of a sniper, no recoil whatsoever, and it's reload speed is almost instant. Makes up for its mediocre damage.
    One of my friends has the shotgun as well, it has slug rounds, so it doesn't lose damage over distance. Strong as well, but heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just wondering how you guys are getting these weapons as gifts?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just wondering how you guys are getting these weapons as gifts?

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/19/operation-goliath-success-2/

• Advertisement

Bloody hell, Gold really is a big step up from Silver. Had some fun games there, but i really need to get my mic sorted. Definitely helps.

Advertisement